Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,100 members, 7,859,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

What Is The Difference Btw A Rapper And Emcee - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Is The Difference Btw A Rapper And Emcee (872 Views)

Nairaland Battle Emcee {jreyez} Drops New Tune / Your Top Four Favourite Foreign Rapper And Album Of 2013 / The Origin Of War Btw Saheed Osupa And Pasuma Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Btw A Rapper And Emcee by MrMurdah: 11:33am On Apr 08, 2010
Is a rapper an emcee?

Most people get this twisted and lump the two together.

Let me share my pennies,

In the early annals of Hip Hop I believe they were one and the same.

But when Hip Hop grew and the corporate corporations took over, it stifled the art form of Hip Hop.

And rappers were born.

Emcees are, a dying breed who choose to keep Hip Hop purified and unadulterated.

Rappers are not necessarily emcees. They do whatever it takes to make a hit record and make money. Even if it means operating outside the annals of Hip Hop through copycatting, mediocrity e.t.c.

Emcees are purists and refuse to conform to anything that is not Hip Hop no matter the incentives.

An MC, a lyricist, is considered by most to be more than just an ordinary rapper.

A step above just a rapper an emcee not only writes great lyrics, but also rocks the stage equally well, true hip hop style.
Re: What Is The Difference Btw A Rapper And Emcee by loomy(m): 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2010
thnks gee,now i know d diffrens. it seems u realy lv hiphop. i nd som mor of ur lecturin.

(1) (Reply)

Music Premiere: Myk Anyasodo – Lucy / Willow Smith To Feature Konga In Remix Of Whip My Hair / Rio Ferdinand Loves Dbanj's "Oliver Twist"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.