Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

My Marriage Has Finally Ended - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (68048 Views)

Marriage Has Failed Me! / My Marriage Has Finally Crashed! / I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by wealthyhrt: 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2018
you need to build your relationship with God. The devil has robbed you of your joy in marriage because it is very clear that you can't even explain what really went wrong.
some time in early eighties, a Satan worshipper was telling a pastor on a flight that Satan worshippers have being fasting for the past one year in order to crash marriages in the US. This is one of the issues. My advise is this: leave the girl you found and work on yourself. build your spiritual work with God. Don't bother your wife as it is core she will make some mistakes and will look for you. just be praying for her and your kids. Learn to hear God. Now that you are alone is the best time for you and just God. Wify will meet you better than she left you. Shalom

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by 3rdeye1(m): 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2018
Marriage is HARDWORK!!!

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by kunleajaye: 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2018
Some people here are still not getting the point, and that's because they didn't read my earlier thread on the issue -

1. The whole thing started when we got here some years ago. We were happily married for almost a year before we relocated. The reason for the relocation was because I got admitted for my doctorate degree. I didn't want to leave her back home alone, so we came together.

2. For the first year or so after coming here, she did nothing. She had our first baby about two months after our arrival. She spent the time caring for the little one. At some point, she started receiving orders for baby clothes from people in Nigeria. That's when the whole idea of business started.

3. Due to the "collect goods today, pay tomorrow" mentality of some of her customers, the business didn't really thrive for long. After a while, the whole crisis of the naira and the inability of her customers to pay ruined the whole thing for her. She decided to stop. By then, I suggested that in order not to remain idle, I would apply for her masters degree study for her. By then, she had already had the twins.

4. I guess she found out she was quite good at business, and I think someone suggested to her here to import african fabrics and wears.

The thing then continues to the initial thread and then that's what led to this point.

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
jbhitler:
na lie.she no know anything.una too like to dey support bad tin.abi you no hear say she dey take am compare awwal? waiti be the fault of the man?i am begining to see sense in polygamy.it makes women humble,committed and more caring.if he had got more than one wife,this madness would not have happened because there will be enough competition.
Oya go and try polygamy.The thing is some women would not kill themselves because of marriage and they now have options,so she won't have time to compete with another woman because she is not an housewife.The polygamy excuse has no weight because a lot of women won't kill themselves because of marriage they would gladly leave if they discover discomfort.

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by brenister10: 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
So pathetic, but I would want you to try and get connected to her through phone initially cos of your children and probably locate her whenever you are in Nigeria just to see your children. Also, do not forget to send money for the upkeep of your children and ultimately keep every record of the money you will be sending for the upkeep of your children cos who knows, later in the future, she might want to poison the heart of your kids against you but the records will be there to speak for you.
Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by Sanchase: 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
Have you lived in the US before, my guess is No. Until then keep making biased conclusion.

MarieSucre:

This is a nonsensical postulation without evidence. Yes Nigeria is hard, but there are still people making it.

What then happens if she makes it big, does the man then feel guilty that he was wrong and she was right?

It's not a competition. Stop this nonsense talk and advice them better advice.

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by propanet(m): 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ryocaj:
I don't knw y ppl still get married.. Guy no be SARS force u go alter o.. Don't disturb us with ur lamentations..
Don't mind them they see marriage as a do or die affair, marriage is full of headache and emotional trauma and is all for nothing. I will simply look for a baby mama and then move on with my peaceful life.,I have learned a lot of lessons from married folks around me and majority are regretting for allowing women into their lives. Single life is the best; you have freedom and peace of mind all through

6 Likes

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by stonecoldcafe: 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2018
@=kunleajaye
Oh what a tale. I read your story from 2016. Oh lord, it is well with you, that's all I can say.
Do you intend to keep living in the states or return home? Its well...

Also unless you have a stand by job or good business, don't close shop and run back to Nigeria. It is tough here bro. By all means, come home, make peace with her and try to survey the land to see if it favours you. It will be worse if you returned broke with no prospect of anything and you were still trying to gum body to her. Na dat time she go curse you pass.
Again please pray for peace. It is well

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by delors(m): 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2018
This is a very hard one bro. Perhaps you guys just need space. You may have to endure you being alone for now and trust me she's going to Nigeria to bang her ex. She will realize her error once she has been over-banged by her ex...because the ex aint gonna marry an already married lady who's got kids. She ll come to her senses later.

You need to pray man. I didn't see a mention of prayer in all your write up. A man and woman who pray together will win together eventually.

Meanwhile, while she's gone, work on your self. Save money by downsizing...move to a smaller place...cut cost...cos now you ll gonna have to send money back home for ur kids' upkeep. Good luck man.

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by Gamboh55(m): 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2018
kunleajaye:

Of course I want her. She's my wife and I love her to bits. I know I'm not a perfect human being. No one is perfect. I also have faults in this but I'm willing to talk this out. At times i wish we hadn't come to the United States cos we were very happy before we came here.

Was it the same lady that ditched u when u were incarcerated? Went through ur topics
Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by luminouz(m): 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2018
greatgod2012:
The truth is that your wife actually understand that you've been emotionally and sexually connected to another woman, hence, her decision to relocate quietly and without any drama.
What kind of a girl are u?
So from what OP wrote n from his previous thread... He is to be blamed? sad
A woman who starved him for sex for so long suddenly discovers he doesn't disturb her anymore n DAT means he doesn't love her...n so she relocated?

U didn't see all she did at all? God just save me from these myopic NL gehs oh! Mtchewwww!

7 Likes

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
brenister10:
So pathetic, but I would want you to try and get connected to her through phone initially cos of your children and probably locate her whenever you are in Nigeria just to see your children. Also, do not forget to send money for the upkeep of your children and ultimately keep every record of the money you will be sending for the upkeep of your children cos who knows, later in the future, she might want to poison the heart of your kids against you but the records will be there to speak for you.
Nonsense you married somebody else wife. If I were you I will forget about the wife and the children altogether . No one can change the fact that you are their father. Get Jesus into your life work very hard and be successful even in the US. Plenty of women when success comes. It will only be difficult I initially but you will enjoy your life better
Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by Homguy(m): 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
kunleajaye:
Thank you all for your kind comments in this trying times for me. I do love my wife and I adore my kids and would never abandon them. I came to the US with her to better myself and further my education, and since i didn't want her to remain idle and dormant while i studied, i advised her to apply to skool too. All this I explained in my post last year. I'll do anything for my kids and wife and she knows it.
hello, please do not take these women blaming you for all that happened serious. Women would always support eachothers excesses.
I really suspect she regreted marrying you and still had feelings for her Ex. It's not impossible that they had been in contact the Whole time. If I were in your shoes, I would have hacked her fones and social media and be sure there's no external influence to her action.
After doing that you would know where to start your work from and what to do exactly.
But as it is now, I think you need to plan to take care of your kids, try to find out of she's seeing someone which almost definitely think she is/would soon start. If its positive, bro forget about her and plan only on how to take care of your children...and enjoy life.

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by arrestdarrester: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
Your wife voicing out Awwal is a pointer to the fact that you will always be second best in her mind. And if for any reason she is in touch with Awwal, you can safely conclude distance from Nigeria was the only reason your marriage survived this long.

Your wife is simply confused and you're just plain helpless.

You were not patient enough to find out who was willing to stand for her loan request. Secondly, you let her leave with the kids! It appeared so convenient for you.

My advice?

As for you, work on improving your finances. Get to be the best you can. Don't make any move as regards relationship. Leave Awwal out of your mind and your business..

As for your wife I advise you be patient. Don't seek her in a hurry. Give her time.

Your kids? Inform your family to keep in touch with them. Any money meant for your kids' support should be sent, received and acknowledged by her very self.

Her business? Stay away except for prayers! Do not make the mistake of sending money for it lest you find yourself taking care of another lover.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by Etuagievin(m): 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
You will always get divergent views from nairalanders some of whom have no experience in marriage. I advise you to be careful with the advice you get from here, since you have decided to bring it up to this forum.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by rhonard(m): 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
hmmmmn this is really big, am not married but i still think i can make some sense here.

Firstly, you need to get her back, she is the woman you love, you did everything to get her married to you, then i think you should try hard not to let her go away from you sight no matter what.

Secondly, your kids, they are really important, you need to consider things just because of those kid (it really hard to stay without a dad or mom #talking from experience)

Thirdly, this issue is not worth it, whetever she feels like doing, do what you have in power and lets things go smoothly ( am not asking you to go for the loan as you said) but i think you should do all what you are capable of doing to support her.

love, like, live, for you never to regret any
Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by bigpicture001: 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
I don't blame any of your actions at all..all I can only blame you for not realising sh never loved you.sh was onto you back then cuz you will offer her the chance to travel abroad.sh genuinely loved the other guy..nd hence sh is finished with using you,sh is off to marry the other guy..plz I were u,simply don't beg her or try to bring her bak.juat head straight for the court and try getting access to children. and to those other single guys out their seize being a gals all and all.pkace measures to check if sh also loves u or cares about u.some of the ways you can find out is.how often sh calls, how willing to giv sh is,how generous at spending on you special day sh can be..not buying u cheap boxers for birth days..dnt take any mind blowing talk say says unserious.cuz sh meant them.but will hide them cuz sh knows it myt spool tins currently btw u two..please, u guys shld also check gals weda dey luv u too.not only about u loving them..if you dont,u will certainly notice them in the marage.like wife being too secretive,wife,being too challengeing,wife cheating, wife being too stingy towards hubby ; always claiming sh doesn't not hv..even when the sought aftr money is for her own good.women are very dangerous yet loving.be careful b4 u mk that step..desperation for marage am them may deceive u about their gentility towards love..a word is enough for the wise!!!!..meanwhile sorry bro nd take heart.uv just been served!

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by esere827: 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2018
OP I read your story and felt some empathy.
I was curious to see if there was anything in your past that could help me make suggestions to you.

I looked at your previous posts mostly about relationships.
They seemed quite antagonistic towards your lovers maybe for no fault of yours
-wanting you to wear something you didnt want to wear
-suspecting you of fraud.

I dont know if its the same girl in all occasions especially as in your 2016 post you said you had been married for 5 years, whereas, the fraud story with your fiancee was in 2013.

Sometimes, people marry other people's wife's. -when she feels she had a better choice
When that happens, it is hard to be fully respected by the woman. You would have to over prove yourself, almost competing with the other man on affluence.

This type of issue needs you going to God for help, that is if you are still interested in the marriage.
I suspect that she on her path feels that you are not adding much value to her dreams, and that you are rather diminishing it and that she can do well if not better without you

...in addition, you shouldnt have "forced" her to go to school. She has a different dream

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by divinedifferent: 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
While cheat on your wife with a hiv girl, you broke the marriage code.be warned HIV is real.d tin wen dey sweet dey kill too. Get back to your wife. I am a married woman,marriage is not easy,I can tell that. Respect that vow. Many teenagers in nairaland
Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by brenister10: 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
toyetade:

Nonsense you married somebody else wife. If I were you I will forget about the wife and the children altogether . No one can change the fact that you are their father. Get Jesus into your life work very hard and be successful even in the US. Plenty of women when success comes. It will only be difficult I initially but you will enjoy your life better

Are you married with kids? If so you shouldn't be saying this.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by knowyaself2(m): 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
ceejayluv:
well, Thank your stars she didn't sue u for child support, alimony and half of ur savings and assets, you'd have been suicidal by now. let her be. Do not follow all the Hollywood crap of 'fight for your marriage'. Make yourself better, make more money, get fit, screw hot babes around (but do not co-habit, marry or get anyone pregnant). She will contact you when she is ready. STOP TRYING TO CONTACT HER FOR NOW. by humble opinion.
Well said. @op, dont force it. Respect yourself, try to contact her only because you care about your kids. Im tired of seeing women over-react, only for men to start begging and asslicking, when they're not the only ones at fault.
From my experience, once you start begging excessively, you lose your respect and, even if you get her back, she gets worse. Keep the option of reconciliation open to her, admit your mistakes, but please dont ever beg as if you're the sole cause of the breakup. If she attaches any importance to the union, she will reach out to you. Mending fences should be a mutual thing.
Good luck

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by tonytony208(m): 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2018
newyorks:
career women hardly stay in marriage. give her some time she might come back to her senses.there maybe something she's obessed with as a carreer woman.

Please, why did you say this? Kindly enlighten me
Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
kunleajaye:
Hello peeps. It's with a heavy heart that I have to say that my marriage is on it's last legs(or so I think). Sometimes last year I made a post asking for advice and things actually got a bit better afterwards (https://www.nairaland.com/3415462/dont-feel-attracted-wife-anymore), but alas, it didn't last.

My wife returned to her cold self and it just went downhill from there. We started arguing again over the tiniest of reasons. Some of the reasons for our petty arguements was the issue of her engrossing herself in school activities that sometimes took her attention from home duties. I told her a couple of times that i wasn't against her doing things like what she did and wasn't in the way of her achieving her desires and goals, but she shouldn't forget she's a mother and wife and one of her primary duties is her family. Sometimes she'd spend so much time in one fruitless meeting or the other, and when she gets home, she'll be too tired to do anything. It got to a point I had to do alot of cooking for the house so that the kids won't be hungry. It's not that she didn't do her duties. It's just the inconvenience of it all and the way her outside activities affected us that really got to me.

Another thing that got on my nerves was her attitude to her degree. Agreed, with all the things she did, she still maintained a very good GPA and was one of the best students in her department. Her lecturers would at times request she take their classes for them while they attended to other pressing issues. It was a good thing and i felt proud, but in her mind the main thing she wanted to do was business. Buying and selling like she did when we first got here and before she started school. She wanted to set up a store where she'd import and sell african prints. There were days during the summer when I'd plan on doing Uber to supplement the little I brought in as a paycheck, only for her to tell me she'd registered for one event or another to display her wares. I'll just have to stay back at home with the kids till she returned later in the night. It really did get me upset and I once asked her what the point of the degree she had studied for if all she wanted to do was sit in a store and sell stuff? We had this argument several times on end.

What eventually broke the camel's back was something she said that I'll never forgive her for. One evening, after putting the kids to bed, she approached me and said she wanted to apply for a loan. I asked her what she needed the loan for. She said for her shop. How much does she need? Ten thousand dollars. How does she expect to apply for ten thousand dollars when we have no way of paying back? Besides, where does she expect me to get the collateral from? She said someone would stand in for her. I told her I don't support the idea and she should be patient. At least after her graduation, she would be able to work full time and earn a better pay which she could then channel to doing whatever she wanted. She said no. She doesn't want to work, but sell her stuff. We started bickering back and forth about this cos I was already fed up of the whole issue, and at some point she screamed, saying I do not support her as a husband, and maybe she would have been better off marrying Awwal. [/color]

Awwal was another guy who fancied her when we met during our youth service in camp; she had once told me that back then she loved him as much as she loved me, and if she had to choose, she would have picked him instead of me. I asked her why she then chose me, and she said her late mother had advised her "don't make a future husband into an ordinary boyfriend, and don't make an ordinary boyfriend into a husband." In other words, don't confuse lust for love.

[color=#000099]She realized what she said and immediately began to apologize. I don't know how I kept my cool, and I walked away quietly. It only got worse after then. We no longer talked liked we once did apart from the necessary exchanges. I let her do whatever pleased her. Our arguements continued and sometimes we wont speak for days. I started keeping late nights, staying more in the lab after school or sometimes driving to a bar to drown my sorrows. I tried getting a marriage counselor, but the damage had already been done. Our sex life became virtually non-existent. We just remained together because of the kids.

A man has needs, and if he wasn't getting them at home, he'd start looking outside. I'm not proud to say this, but during some of my late nights out, I'd visit a discrete gentleman's club. It was on one of these outings I met one of the girls who danced there. She was a young college kid in her junior year. Over the next week or so she gave me a listening ear and I poured my heart out to her. She invited me over to her place one evening (she shared a three bedroom house with two other girls), one thing led to another and she was giving me a full n@ked massage with her body. We didn't have penetrative sex, but she gave me the sexual release my wife had denied me for such a long time. I offered to pay for her services afterwards, but she told me not to, as it was just her way of showing she cared. We ended up making similar arrangements a few more times, and each time we took it a bit further. The furthest we went was the time we had a 69 on her bed, and she came all over my face while I splooged her mouth. I always had to wipe myself off properly and take a shower once I got home to rid of all the oil and smell of pheromones on my person.

I guess my wife suspected something was going on cos she asked me one day if i had been seeing anyone. I asked her why she asked, and she shrugged, murmuring something to the fact that it was unusual of me not to have disturbed her for sex in such a very long time. I told her since she had decided to control when and the frequency we had sex, I had accepted my plight. I told her if she wanted sex, she knew where to find me. That night, I woke up to her snuggling up to me. It was the first time in a long while she would come to me. Try as much as I could, I just couldn't achieve an erection. My time with the stripper girl had taken away the sexual affection I had for my wife. She noticed this and started crying, saying i don't love her anymore. I simply told her it was just the stress. The following day, she was back to her normal self.

Last month, she finally graduated. I was happy that at least she would get a place to work and earn some money. But what she told me a few days later came as a shocker. She told me she wanted to go back to Nigeria. Her plan was to fulfill her dream of setting up a clothings line and since i don't want to support her, she'd rather go on without my support. I asked her if she was joking, but i could see she was dead serious. I asked who would take care of the kids if she leaves, and she said she intends going with them. infact, she had already told her sister to start looking for a nice school for them at home. I just couldn't believe it. Why make that kinda decision without consulting me first? She just told me her mind was made up. I tried changing her mind, but she remained adamant. Unknown to me, she had already booked their flight back home a long time ago. I had to call my parents to talk some sense into her, but afterwards they just told me to let her come home, that she may just need the change of environment for a while. I called and asked her sister why she didn't tell me about the plan knowing how close we were, but she simply said it was her sister's decision.

They left two days after Christmas. To date I'm yet to receive a call from her. I've sent her several emails but she hasn't responded to even one. She told my mum she hasn't had the chance to get a line yet, but I know that's a lie. It doesn't take you more than a week to get a phone and a line in Nigeria. Sadly, I may have to accept the conclusion that my marriage is over.

https://www.nairaland.com/1230609/should-take-back#14830107

This is you,right? The signs were all in the. Open you went ahead.. this lady I doubt ever loved you she wanted second who can make her comfortable

If you ask me,take your kids and leave her if you insist on staying then expect worse

Of you had listened to your inner instincts all these won't have come into play...Iam not for divorce but clearly you dug your hole your self

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by Biodun1234: 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
I won't stay in America with my wife.the system destroys marriages. Until a woman is submissive and the man loved his wife no way.women in America are not usually submissive and they destroy the basics of the society which is family

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by fatymore(f): 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2018
Shawnnn01:

Willpool you be financing is comeback to Nigeria ?
he is even broke.. A cheating and broke ass man.. God forbid hypertension
Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by brenister10: 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2018
kunleajaye:
Hello peeps. It's with a heavy heart that I have to say that my marriage is on it's last legs(or so I think). Sometimes last year I made a post asking for advice and things actually got a bit better afterwards (https://www.nairaland.com/3415462/dont-feel-attracted-wife-anymore), but alas, it didn't last.

My wife returned to her cold self and it just went downhill from there. We started arguing again over the tiniest of reasons. Some of the reasons for our petty arguements was the issue of her engrossing herself in school activities that sometimes took her attention from home duties. I told her a couple of times that i wasn't against her doing things like what she did and wasn't in the way of her achieving her desires and goals, but she shouldn't forget she's a mother and wife and one of her primary duties is her family. Sometimes she'd spend so much time in one fruitless meeting or the other, and when she gets home, she'll be too tired to do anything. It got to a point I had to do alot of cooking for the house so that the kids won't be hungry. It's not that she didn't do her duties. It's just the inconvenience of it all and the way her outside activities affected us that really got to me.

Another thing that got on my nerves was her attitude to her degree. Agreed, with all the things she did, she still maintained a very good GPA and was one of the best students in her department. Her lecturers would at times request she take their classes for them while they attended to other pressing issues. It was a good thing and i felt proud, but in her mind the main thing she wanted to do was business. Buying and selling like she did when we first got here and before she started school. She wanted to set up a store where she'd import and sell african prints. There were days during the summer when I'd plan on doing Uber to supplement the little I brought in as a paycheck, only for her to tell me she'd registered for one event or another to display her wares. I'll just have to stay back at home with the kids till she returned later in the night. It really did get me upset and I once asked her what the point of the degree she had studied for if all she wanted to do was sit in a store and sell stuff? We had this argument several times on end.

What eventually broke the camel's back was something she said that I'll never forgive her for. One evening, after putting the kids to bed, she approached me and said she wanted to apply for a loan. I asked her what she needed the loan for. She said for her shop. How much does she need? Ten thousand dollars. How does she expect to apply for ten thousand dollars when we have no way of paying back? Besides, where does she expect me to get the collateral from? She said someone would stand in for her. I told her I don't support the idea and she should be patient. At least after her graduation, she would be able to work full time and earn a better pay which she could then channel to doing whatever she wanted. She said no. She doesn't want to work, but sell her stuff. We started bickering back and forth about this cos I was already fed up of the whole issue, and at some point she screamed, saying I do not support her as a husband, and maybe she would have been better off marrying Awwal. [/color]

Awwal was another guy who fancied her when we met during our youth service in camp; she had once told me that back then she loved him as much as she loved me, and if she had to choose, she would have picked him instead of me. I asked her why she then chose me, and she said her late mother had advised her "don't make a future husband into an ordinary boyfriend, and don't make an ordinary boyfriend into a husband." In other words, don't confuse lust for love.

[color=#000099]She realized what she said and immediately began to apologize. I don't know how I kept my cool, and I walked away quietly. It only got worse after then. We no longer talked liked we once did apart from the necessary exchanges. I let her do whatever pleased her. Our arguements continued and sometimes we wont speak for days. I started keeping late nights, staying more in the lab after school or sometimes driving to a bar to drown my sorrows. I tried getting a marriage counselor, but the damage had already been done. Our sex life became virtually non-existent. We just remained together because of the kids.

A man has needs, and if he wasn't getting them at home, he'd start looking outside. I'm not proud to say this, but during some of my late nights out, I'd visit a discrete gentleman's club. It was on one of these outings I met one of the girls who danced there. She was a young college kid in her junior year. Over the next week or so she gave me a listening ear and I poured my heart out to her. She invited me over to her place one evening (she shared a three bedroom house with two other girls), one thing led to another and she was giving me a full n@ked massage with her body. We didn't have penetrative sex, but she gave me the sexual release my wife had denied me for such a long time. I offered to pay for her services afterwards, but she told me not to, as it was just her way of showing she cared. We ended up making similar arrangements a few more times, and each time we took it a bit further. The furthest we went was the time we had a 69 on her bed, and she came all over my face while I splooged her mouth. I always had to wipe myself off properly and take a shower once I got home to rid of all the oil and smell of pheromones on my person.

I guess my wife suspected something was going on cos she asked me one day if i had been seeing anyone. I asked her why she asked, and she shrugged, murmuring something to the fact that it was unusual of me not to have disturbed her for sex in such a very long time. I told her since she had decided to control when and the frequency we had sex, I had accepted my plight. I told her if she wanted sex, she knew where to find me. That night, I woke up to her snuggling up to me. It was the first time in a long while she would come to me. Try as much as I could, I just couldn't achieve an erection. My time with the stripper girl had taken away the sexual affection I had for my wife. She noticed this and started crying, saying i don't love her anymore. I simply told her it was just the stress. The following day, she was back to her normal self.

Last month, she finally graduated. I was happy that at least she would get a place to work and earn some money. But what she told me a few days later came as a shocker. She told me she wanted to go back to Nigeria. Her plan was to fulfill her dream of setting up a clothings line and since i don't want to support her, she'd rather go on without my support. I asked her if she was joking, but i could see she was dead serious. I asked who would take care of the kids if she leaves, and she said she intends going with them. infact, she had already told her sister to start looking for a nice school for them at home. I just couldn't believe it. Why make that kinda decision without consulting me first? She just told me her mind was made up. I tried changing her mind, but she remained adamant. Unknown to me, she had already booked their flight back home a long time ago. I had to call my parents to talk some sense into her, but afterwards they just told me to let her come home, that she may just need the change of environment for a while. I called and asked her sister why she didn't tell me about the plan knowing how close we were, but she simply said it was her sister's decision.

They left two days after Christmas. To date I'm yet to receive a call from her. I've sent her several emails but she hasn't responded to even one. She told my mum she hasn't had the chance to get a line yet, but I know that's a lie. It doesn't take you more than a week to get a phone and a line in Nigeria. Sadly, I may have to accept the conclusion that my marriage is over.

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by luminouz(m): 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2018
UjuJoan2:
You caused it. . . .you stopped loving your own wife! You broke the deal and you broke the marriage agreement

It's not the consorting with the stripper that's the problem, it's the inability to have an erection for your own wife. I Would walk away from the sham of a marriage too if it were me.
U are MÁD!!!! undecided
Jeez! Will I ever marry with all these useless myopic dementised women wey full naija...
Just look at what u wrote up there...comprehensive abilities are Zero...no wonder u wrote JAMB 15 times

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by bigpicture001: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2018
kunleajaye:
Thank you all for your kind comments in this trying times for me. I do love my wife and I adore my kids and would never abandon them. I came to the US with her to better myself and further my education, and since i didn't want her to remain idle and dormant while i studied, i advised her to apply to skool too. All this I explained in my post last year. I'll do anything for my kids and wife and she knows it.
...sh will not do anything and everything for your love,get that in your head,you married the wrong woman!

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by airminem(f): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
cc pochahuntas
Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by brainycaleb(m): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
bro code

sorry man, you've just got to let her go... even if you try hard to bring her back into the marriage, it would never be a smooth ride no more. the deed has been done, get another woman who loves you, and live for your kids... she's already killed the marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by openmine(m): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
hmmmm...
Re: My Marriage Has Finally Ended by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
Space bro, space!
This shit ain't goin' to be easy and so you don't lose your sanity. Let her be bro!
She's goin' to contact you when the country's Sun heats her up.
Double up whatever you are doing there and stay focused.
Kids will look for you when the time comes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Don’t Enjoy Sex With My Wife - Man Cries Out / Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding / Mia And Rozonno McGhee That Had Sextuplets 6 Years Ago Vs Now (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.