Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? (3272 Views)

Any Ideas On The Pricelist Of Playstation3 In Nigerian Markets Currently. / Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 / Ps3 Slim Vs Ps3 Fat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? by jameau(m): 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2010
Hi house ,

just got myself a ps3 slim and i would like to connect it to the internet for online gameplay.However ,i notice that the console only has a LAN port.Is it possible to connect using the MTN fastlink data card?Pls anyone with any ideas should reply.Thanks.
Re: Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? by N9528GB: 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2010
get a wireless router and get your ps3 that's what I use with my ps3 at home
Re: Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? by ogagusps3: 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2010
A wireless router is about 14k . instead of wasting ur money simply buy a 250 naira ethernet cable connect one end to ur ps3 and the other to ur computer. enable internet connection sharing on the mtn connection u want to share. disconnect and connect the mtn connection. Go to ur ps3, sign up and start playing online. psn id : gags4u2

2 Likes

Re: Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? by ritchboy(m): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2010
@N95-2 8GB
Does the slim model of ps3 have in-built wi-fi??
Re: Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? by suprted(m): 12:00am On Apr 09, 2010
yeah it does. although given how crap the broadband internet seems to be, is there any point?
Re: Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? by ritchboy(m): 1:10am On Apr 09, 2010
@Suprted
someone told me Sony removed wi-fi in the slim model. I just wiki'd it and found out only the 20GB model doesnt have it.
I'm still rockin my 60GB model. . .
Re: Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? by N9528GB: 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2010
ogagusps3:

A wireless router is about 14k . instead of wasting your money simply buy a 250 naira ethernet cable connect one end to your ps3 and the other to your computer. enable internet connection sharing on the mtn connection u want to share. disconnect and connect the mtn connection. Go to your ps3, sign up and start playing online. psn id : gags4u2

and you expect him to enjoy playing games online with Ethernet? Got to be joking grin
Re: Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? by ogagusps3: 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2010
N95-2 8GB:

and you expect him to enjoy playing games online with Ethernet? Got to be joking grin
Normal ethernet ports have a top speed of 100mbps. Advanced one have a top speed of 1gbps. Ethenet is another word for what u know as LAN
Re: Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? by N9528GB: 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2010
ogagusps3:

Normal ethernet ports have a top speed of 100mbps. Advanced one have a top speed of 1gbps. Ethenet is another word for what u know as LAN

I suggested wireless to free him from connecting and disconnecting cable and safe him the stress of connecting and disconnecting his dailup MTN on his PC, if he goes for wireless besides apart from him using it only for his ps3 anyone in the house can hookup there wifi gadgets e.g psp,mobile phones,iphone etc you name it but if he goes for option his just limited get the picture? Either way its good, its left for the poster to decide.
Re: Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? by suprted(m): 1:51am On Apr 10, 2010
@Suprted
someone told me Sony removed wi-fi in the slim model. I just wiki'd it and found out only the 20GB model doesnt have it.
I'm still rockin my 60GB model. .

I didn't even know there was a 20 GB slim model. I've got a 250 GB slim. It has wi-fi and it's fairly easy to set up.

I'm no expert but wired connections tend to be faster than wireless, although it of course depends on the ISP itself. It took about an hour to download the latest update with Swift yesterday.
Re: Connecting Ps3 Slim To Internet Thru Mtn Fastlink-any Ideas? by ritchboy(m): 11:22am On Apr 10, 2010
@Suprted
i meant the 20GB fat model.
I dont think any internet connection in Nigeria can max out a LAN speed, wired or wireless.

(1) (Reply)

Where Exactly Can I Download Draught Board Game? / REAL FOOTBALL 2011 Impossible To Download With Apk? / Playstation 2 (slim) For Sale. SOLD.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.