Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction (18960 Views)

For All Who Read And Write / How To Improve Your Researching Skills And Write Accurately (final Part) / How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by xttobliss: 1:20pm On Apr 08, 2010
Hi Nairalanders's
I have a friend who is not very good in speaking and writing english language.
He wants to develop him self personally in that area.
If you guys knw a place where they study language in Lagos plz let me know.
He has been to Alliance Francaise in Yaba, they don't do English language, only foreign language.
He just need a 3 to 6 months study thing.
He is in a place that require's good communication and presentation
Pls reply
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by violent(m): 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2010
I'm not particularly sure of a very good center in Lagos.

However, i'd recommend you advise your friend to buy and read as many novels and journals  as possible, this has proven to be one of the best and most effective ways of polishing English speaking skills, he should also try contributing to online forums such as Nairaland.

He might not stand to gain so much from attending English classes, except of course if he has an exam to write

1 Like

Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by AjanleKoko: 1:46pm On Apr 08, 2010
Tell your friend to go to Unilag, and ask for Professor Mrs Ebun Clark. She's the wife of the famous JP Clark.
She runs a consultancy called 'Lagos School of English and Mathematics', specializing in speaking and writing skills for individuals and corporates.

1 Like

Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by Ejiogbe(m): 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2010
Hello exttobliss, tell your friend to meet Mr. David, the English Language Guru, for one-on- one coaching in English Language. I vouch for this guy. You and your friend are assured of an excellent service. He stays in  Lagos. Call him on 08031890545. Good luck.
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by xttobliss: 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AjanleKoko:

Tell your friend to go to Unilag, and ask for Professor Mrs Ebun Clark. She's the wife of the famous JP Clark.
She runs a consultancy called 'Lagos School of English and Mathematics', specializing in speaking and writing skills for individuals and corporates.

Tnks Ajanlekoko,
Is there no closer link to this professor.
like phone number, address of 'Lagos School of English and Mathematics' etc.
@least something close to it.
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by AjanleKoko: 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2010
^^
Wish I knew.
I will ask someone though. She used to organize Business Writing training for my former employer, around 8 years ago.
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by Wallie(m): 8:25pm On Apr 08, 2010
Well, speaking is almost independent of writing. It is actually easier to write and communicate effectively than to speak and try to do the same. Speaking grammatically correct English is mostly about practice and knowing what the rules are.

To write, here are a few books that might help:

1. The Grammar Bible: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Grammar but Didn't Know Whom to Ask
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0805075607/ref=oss_product

2. Painless Grammar (Painless Series) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0764134361/ref=oss_product

3. The Only Grammar Book You'll Ever Need: A One-Stop Source for Every Writing Assignment
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1580628559/ref=oss_product

1 Like

Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by NET1(m): 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2010
Hi all,

I also want to attend such a class/forum. My spoken English was better some 5 years back.

I live in Port Harcourt. Does anyone know of any class/forum in Port Harcourt that will help me improve my spoken & written english?

Joshua
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by queenesthr(f): 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2010
@Poster Please contact 'Spik Rait Saund Rait' on 08037756404 or 08033263600. They are speech consultants at Anthony Village Lagos.

They are the best!!! After a month, you will speak like you've lived in England all your life .

1 Like

Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by xttobliss: 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2010
Thanks Queen
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by visionite: 10:51am On Apr 14, 2010
the frankly truth have been told by violent and wallie. Learning is a process and not a quick magic.
My contribution is that you join the Visionites' Forum. Effective Communication is what the Forum exists for. I believe that should help some more, with what others have said.
Good Luck. cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by xttobliss: 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2010
queenesthr:

@Poster Please contact 'Spik Rait Saund Rait' on 08037756404 or 08033263600. They are speech consultants at Anthony Village Lagos.

They are the best!!! After a month, you will speak like you've lived in England all your life .

Queen,
I went to 'Spik Rait Saund Rait' today, to see how good they really are.
I was impressed with what I saw.
The MD and the Consultant alone speak good and polish english with good communication.
The Lib, lecture hall and studios are well equiped with mordern facilities.
I think I will recomend the place 2 my friend.
BUT THE FEE IS =N=150,000 Flat. No negotiation. but it worth it.

[b]This is their Programs List:

Telephone Etiquete and Speech/Communication Skills Improvement Workshop

Speech/communication Skills Improvement Programme for Teachers

Broadcast Presentation Training/Speech/Communication Skills Improvement

Etiquette Grooming Programme for Radio/TV Presenters.

Oral Presentation for Chairmen/CEOs/MDs/Managers

Schools’ Language/Communication Skills Improvement Programme

Speech/Communication Skills Improvement and Etiquette Grooming

Programme for Beauty Queens/Models and Beauty Pageant Contestants.

Corona Schools’ Trust Council
[color=#000099][/color]

Thanks once again Queen
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by queenesthr(f): 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2010
You're most welcome.
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by DFlash1: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hey guys, just finished talking to the MD, Mr. Sidney Ufeli on phone. He said Saturday only programme will cost me N250k non-negotiable and no instalmental payment. What do u guys fink?
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by ezzye: 12:33am On Aug 17, 2013
brother just call this lady, her name is Ngozi.....

her number is 08031938483 and she works with Phinnahcle Accent International, shes a facilitator and she has been

in this field for a very long time.

visit their website here www.phinnahcle.gnbo.com.ng

and their learning blog at phinnahcle..com

its much cheaper and you will be glad you did

1 Like

Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by andybini(m): 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
Do you desire to be a PHONICS/DICTION TEACHER? Do you want to improve on your spoken English? Drew Academy Support is organizing a 5 day intensive Phonics and Diction workshop. Date : 28th July to 1st August 2014. Time : 10am to 1pm. Venue : Capstone school, oriola, ketu, Lagos. Cost : 15k ( course materials, refreshment and certificate). Discount for group bookings. For more enquiry call Andrew on 08051832676 , 08032834260. Email: andybini@yahoo.com. bbm: 7C8648A4.
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by Syreeta(f): 1:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
spik rait now has a website with all their programmes listed. They have one coming up on the 19th of March 2015. These guys have worked with a number of popular Nigerians like Genevieve, IK, Anita (omaliicha of Rhythm 93.7fm), you can check their site at www.spikraitsaundrait.com.

They've also moved to Lekki now. phone numbers are the same though.
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by sholybrown4u(m): 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
try watching alot of season films with subtitles. You'll thank later
Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by kester113(m): 10:33am On Sep 22, 2016
Wallie:
Well, speaking is almost independent of writing. It is actually easier to write and communicate effectively than to speak and try to do the same. Speaking grammatically correct English is mostly about practice and knowing what the rules are.

To write, here are a few books that might help:

1. The Grammar Bible: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Grammar but Didn't Know Whom to Ask
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0805075607/ref=oss_product

2. Painless Grammar (Painless Series) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0764134361/ref=oss_product

3. The Only Grammar Book You'll Ever Need: A One-Stop Source for Every Writing Assignment
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1580628559/ref=oss_product

Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by symmetric: 4:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
Symmetric Adult Education

Come and learn how to READ, WRITE, SPELL and SPEAK Good ENGLISH in 3 months.

Call now: 08139458588,

Re: How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction by Jazzomoney(m): 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
Rain Speech International is the solution to all English Problem, especially when it comes to spoken English, phonetics, pronunciation, elocution. You can verify what am saying by visiting their website, guys you will never believe this Language and career company is in Nigeria. Omo some of our naija guys dey represent weller o. check them out at www.rainspeech.com

(1) (Reply)

All That Glitters (18+) / Barrack Boy / Get any Book you want free of charge (drop requests)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.