Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? (635 Views)

Domestic Abuse: All The Women In These Pictures Are Dead! All Within 5 Months / Why Are Men Outraged Over Paternity Fraud? / Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? by Ignatio(m): 9:43am On Jan 05, 2018
Happy new year people. I have a question which I've debated with many who say it's not possible. Do men suffer domestic abuse?
Is it possible for a man to allow himself to be abused by his wife?
Re: Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 05, 2018
Very very. It happens even in this nigeria. Most men go thru physical, emotional and verbal abuses.

One of my colleagues dat we're doing masters together is working on this as her thesis. During her proposal defence, she said she intends to go to churches and mosques to get her facts since d men don't come and report to the domestic violence unit in the ministry where she works. According to her, its report from women they get everyday. The men hold back because of ego and because the belief of the society in which we find ourselves does not permit men to express themselves over violence from their wives as they would be laughed at.

But the profs adviced her that she won't even get enough fact in churches and mosques cus the truth aren't told there..they're just pretenders. She was adviced to go instead to beer parlours and hair dressing salons...there raw facts are said without shame.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? by taylor88(m): 9:48am On Jan 05, 2018
Yea

She keeps hitting my bum bum during sexx that's Asss abuse
Re: Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? by biacan(f): 9:51am On Jan 05, 2018
Men I don't think so
Re: Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? by greatgod2012(f): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2018
Very well! In fact, capital YES!

Though, the abuse may not be physical because it's believed that men are physically stronger than women but majority of men are verbally and emotionally abused by women! FACT!
Re: Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? by greatgod2012(f): 10:09am On Jan 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 05, 2018
biacan:
Men I don't
think so
Very wrong. Broaden your research.
Re: Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? by Ezionye(f): 10:21am On Jan 05, 2018
Yes I think so. More of verbal and emotional abuse than physical.

I have seen only one case of physical abuse on a man. The man was disabled
Re: Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? by KanwuliaExtra: 11:14am On Jan 05, 2018
Oh yes o.
From THEIR FATHERS.
Or from wives or mothers who suffered ABUSE from the men in their lives.

All victims were ABUSED BY MEN FIRST! kiss

Kai!!!!

Time for work and LOVING IT! TGIF!!!!! cool
Re: Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? by oginga: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
There are more men in abusive marriages than the world can imagine. If your friend needs raw details about abusive marriages, she should visit herbalists, white garment church prophets, bars and seaside on public holidays. If she want i can play her an 8 gig voice recording of women yelling at their loving husbands.

RadicallyBlunt:
Very very. It happens even in this nigeria. Most men go thru physical, emotional and verbal abuses.

One of my colleagues dat we're doing masters together is working on this as her thesis. During her proposal defence, she said she intends to go to churches and mosques to get her facts since d men don't come and report to the domestic violence unit in the ministry where she works. According to her, its report from women they get everyday. The men hold back because of ego and because the belief of the society in which we find ourselves does not permit men to express themselves over violence from their wives as they would be laughed at.

But the profs adviced her that she won't even get enough fact in churches and mosques cus the truth aren't told there..they're just pretenders. She was adviced to go instead to beer parlours and hair dressing salons...there raw facts are said without shame.
Re: Are Men Also Victims Of Domestic Abuse? by Ignatio(m): 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
Thank you for your responses. From the above I've deduced that men are victims of domestic violence but social stigma stops them from raising their voices like women.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lady Commits Suicide After Being Kicked Out Of The House By Husband In Lagos / Betrayed By A Blood Brother / A mother in need of an advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.