Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:17 PM

What Happened To Glo's Database - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Happened To Glo's Database (1000 Views)

How To Subscribe To Glo Yakata Plan And Get Up To 6GB Data And Much More / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription / Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Glo's Database by MRLANNISTER(m): 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
I thought that with Sim registration every telecoms firm should have a comprehensive database of all registered subscribers. To my surprise, when I went to a gloworld outlet in Adeniran Ogunsanya, to change my sim from 3G to 4G i was informed that I needed a police report since I did not have the sim pack for a sim I bought 2004(14yrs ago).

When I asked why they could not just check my records from the registration database the CS agent simply replied that since they dont have customer records with them I would have to get the police report and register again.

Is it that Glo has lost customer records or their process is just cumbersome. Why ask for police report for a 13 yr old sim pack when I have the sim in my phone, you have my records in your computer and I have a valid driver's license to show identity?

I have decided not to get any police report. I will use the 4G in my 9Mobile and leave Glo to continue with their incompetence.
Re: What Happened To Glo's Database by olayinks007(m): 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2018
Glo is dead abeg. Port 2 another network no time.
Re: What Happened To Glo's Database by MRLANNISTER(m): 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2018
olayinks007:
Glo is dead abeg. Port 2 another network no time.

I have a 9mobile line
Re: What Happened To Glo's Database by sirfemoz(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2018
Bros, your information is in the database. Most cases the requirements is needed to protect the customer. Sim pack/holder indicates you are the original owner of the sim, in a situation it's not available, police report is then needed. Above all, it's for security reasons, it may be stressful, but still for your own protection. Sorry about the stress.
Re: What Happened To Glo's Database by MRLANNISTER(m): 11:54am On Jan 07, 2018
sirfemoz:
Bros, your information is in the database. Most cases the requirements is needed to protect the customer. Sim pack/holder indicates you are the original owner of the sim, in a situation it's not available, police report is then needed. Above all, it's for security reasons, it may be stressful, but still for your own protection. Sorry about the stress.

Do you get a police report to get a new ATM when an Old one expires? Simply because you don't have the paper it comes in?
Re: What Happened To Glo's Database by sirfemoz(m): 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
MRLANNISTER:

Do you get a police report to get a new ATM when an Old one expires? Simply because you don't have the paper it comes in?

Don't compare ATM with sim cards. Some rules are made to protect customers. Those rules may not be cool, but customers are the ones to benefit. If you feel you can't get the police report in order to still retain your number, then leave it. It's not by force. Just know there won't be compromise from the network. Rules are meant to be adhered.
Re: What Happened To Glo's Database by MRLANNISTER(m): 9:18am On Jan 09, 2018
Anyways. Im gone. I dont agree with the strategy. MTN or 9mobile does not ask for same.

(1) (Reply)

Tstv Please / Need A Phone In A Small Budget. / Please Help Me To Select

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.