Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

I Can Never Be Suspended For Match Fixing Like You – Mourinho Tells Conte - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Can Never Be Suspended For Match Fixing Like You – Mourinho Tells Conte (411 Views)

Messi Would Be Suspended Six Months For Conject Attacks (ESPN) / FIFA Bans Eight Players, Agent For Life Over Match-fixing / PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Can Never Be Suspended For Match Fixing Like You – Mourinho Tells Conte by Jidefido(m): 8:12am On Jan 06, 2018
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has taken his feud with Chelsea manager Antonio Conte higher by saying he will never be “suspended for match-fixing”.

Conte received a four-month suspension while at Juventus in the 2012-13 season for failing to report match-fixing at his previous club Siena.

Conte was acquitted of sporting fraud charges in 2016. Prosecutors had requested a six-month suspended sentence following accusations he failed to report episodes of match-fixing while in charge at Serie B side Siena in 2011.

The former Italy manager – who has always denied any wrongdoing – served a four-month ban in relation to the affair in 2012.

Mourinho’s comments came after Conte had accused the Portuguese of forgetting his own antics in the past.

Conte had reacted angrily this week to Mourinho’s assertion that he did not need to act like a “clown” in his technical area, saying: “I think he has to see himself in the past – maybe he was speaking about himself in the past.”

Speaking after his side’s 2-0 FA Cup third-round win over Derby, Mourinho said the “clown” comments were not directed at Conte.

But he added: “The only thing I want to say to end the story is that yes, I made mistakes in the past on the touchline. Yes, I will make less but I think I will still make a few.

“What never happened to me – and will never happen – is to be suspended for match-fixing. That never happened to me and will never happen.”

Mourinho was then told by a journalist that Conte has been charged by football authorities in the past with failing to report match-fixing.

“Did he? Not me,” the United boss replied.

http://www.thesportsbay.com/can-never-suspended-match-fixing-like-mourinho-tells-conte/

(1) (Reply)

Win With Tips Bank Of Nigeria 100% Guaranteed / 2018 World Cup Classified / Unai Emeri Looks To Real Madrid Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.