Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? (671 Views)

The Demise Of Pastor David Oyedepo's Muslim Sister Ashiyat / So Will I (100 Billion X): You Can Not Listen To This Song And Remain The Same / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by UnchangeableGod: 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2018
God uses a man to start or establish every local or visible Church in this world. Some of the founders are late - eg Assemblies of God Church, the Redeemed Christian Church of God, the Christ Apostolic Church (CAC), the Church of God Mission etc. I believe that every founder, if called by God, was personally given a vision and a mission which of course, he has to share with the members. The question is, Can a Church or denomination remain the same after the demise of its founder? Is it possible for the successor(s) who did not get the divine mandate directly follow it up to a logical conclusion. Will a Church like Deeper Christian Life Ministry continue their beautiful and unique brand years after the call to glory of the man of God, pastor W F Kumuyi? Hmmmmm!
Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2018
Yes. If the foundation of The Church is Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by amnesty7: 1:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
Not when it actually belongs to an individual as a business venture to milk ppl.

1 Like

Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by UnchangeableGod: 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
dayo2me:
Yes. If the foundation of The Church is Jesus Christ.
You are right sir. However, sometimes, some successors would want to chart their own cause, saying the founder is gone and there is need for 'modernization' or rebranding to catch up with the changing times. Don't you think it can happen?
Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by bedspread: 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2018
IF THE Church is of GOD and is ordered according to GOD'S Will

1 Like

Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by UnchangeableGod: 1:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
amnesty7:
Not when it actually belongs to an individual as a business venture to milk ppl.
Well, I know there are some business centres masquerading as Churches. My definition of a Church in this context is a group of people comprising mainly of people who have repented of their sins and have been forgiven, washed and saved through the atonement of Christ at the Cross of Calvary. A Christian group led by a man called of God to lead people out of sin, sicknesses and satanic oppressions into the glorious liberty of the children of God and to heaven eventually.
Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by UnchangeableGod: 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2018
bedspread:
IF THE Church is of GOD and is ordered according to GOD'S Will
I quite agree with you sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
You are right sir. However, sometimes, some successors would want to chart their own cause, saying the founder is gone and there is need for 'modernization' or rebranding to catch up with the changing times. Don't you think it can happen?
That is if God approves it. If the successors go against God's plan, the church will collapse
Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by Nutase: 2:27pm On Jan 06, 2018
JAMB kweshun angry
Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by UnchangeableGod: 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2018
asuustrike2009:

That is if God approves it. If the successors go against God's plan, the church will collapse
Or even split with some following the new leader and others following the founder's laid down ideology. May God help His Church to march on without schism I J N,
Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by UnchangeableGod: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2018
Nutase:
JAMB kweshun angry
How do you mean ma?
Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by kraftyiyk: 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2018
Idahosa's church comes to mind grin

Op i guess you already knew the answer before asking this question.
Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by JesusPeople: 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2018
That's a big question..

The truth is, the church might not be the same, the things is, the founder can't share all that God has communicated to him to a successor, many times, people are not ready to submit to new authorities or relate with new authority like they did with the founder.

For instance, there might be some trait the founder has on its members that the new or in coming overseer might not have.

I think, eye service is killing the church, not only that, we are of Paul, therefore if Paul is no more, we look of any other at the level of Paul, that's just my opinion
Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by UnchangeableGod: 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2018
kraftyiyk:
Idahosa's church comes to mind grin

Op i guess you already knew the answer before asking this question.
What do you think is the answer sir?
Re: Can A Church Remain The Same After The Demise Of Its Founder? by UnchangeableGod: 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2018
JesusPeople:
That's a big question..

The truth is, the church might not be the same, the things is, the founder can't share all that God has communicated to him to a successor, many times, people are not ready to submit to new authorities or relate with new authority like they did with the founder.

For instance, there might be some trait the founder has on its members that the new or in coming overseer might not have.

I think, eye service is killing the church, not only that, we are of Paul, therefore if Paul is no more, we look of any other at the level of Paul, that's just my opinion
I think I love your submission sir. You made a lot of sense to me. Kudos.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/01/18 / Jesus Not The Only Ancestor Who Died For People To Be Saved – Seun Kuti / Hidden Truths About Jehovah / Yahweh And His Son Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.