Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,455 members, 7,850,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? (560 Views)

Meaning, Attributes,benefits Of Discipline And Consequences Of Indiscipline / Gift Your Children The Best Place To Grow / The Disadvantages Of Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? by DejiSantos: 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
Panel weigh in on African parents and the hitting of children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSFEeqZH8VA
Re: Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? by babyfaceafrica: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2018
Yes
Re: Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? by DejiSantos: 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
What is the line between smacking and abuse for you then?

babyfaceafrica:
Yes
Re: Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? by babyfaceafrica: 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2018
DejiSantos:
What is the line between smacking and absence for you then?

no line... The same
Re: Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? by DejiSantos: 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2018
You don't think someone can abuse their child with beatings?

babyfaceafrica:
no line... The same
Re: Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? by babyfaceafrica: 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2018
DejiSantos:
You don't think someone can abuse their child with beatings?

it is possible.. Too much of everything is bad.. A little smack here and there will reset someone brain
Re: Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? by Studentcosmos(m): 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2018
It depends
Re: Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? by DejiSantos: 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2018
On what?

Studentcosmos:
It depends
Re: Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? by staytravel: 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2018
DejiSantos:
What is the line between smacking and abuse for you then?

For me it is if there is not reason behind it, it has to be balance.
For example: If my son used a knife on his sister.... I will most likely beat him silly. That deserves severe punishment.
If he lost his bus pass, why should I use a cane, that one requires making him walk to school or taking away a game or something.
Re: Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? by DejiSantos: 6:14pm On Jan 06, 2018
Agreed.

staytravel:

It is good that they are discussing this, another thing which can be discussed is mental illness.
A lot of Africans, Nigerians don't do this enough.
Re: Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? by SakuraSimiola: 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
There are better ways

(1) (Reply)

UNN Student Emerges Winner In The Lifesaver Essays Writing Contest.(photo) / How I Dealt With "Village People" Forces Behind My Exam Problems / Leveraging Extracurricular Activities For A Better Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.