Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,254 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies (39578 Views)

W202 1999 Mercedes C Class Upgraded To 2013 C Class W204. Hit Or Miss? / 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Interior Spied With Massive Infotainment Touchscreen / How To Solve The C Class W202 Recurrent Power Window Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
Those who don't own Mercedes arguing with us who own them? That guy comparing the Toyota and Honda with Mercedes ain't know nothing about cars. If you made that error with the Mercedes of the present days, I could agree with you. But with the Benz if those era, you have missed it. A C class is a luxury sedan, even the company claim so. It is as well built as an S class. Drive it to confirm.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by auhanson(m): 9:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:
This is my 1999 C230 Kompressor. One of my favorite cars.

I always giggle at the solo dance of the wiperblade.

Egun, you ignite my batteries..cant resist this. Love this your stance, it's almost like mind...

I lack words to describe this car, the most rugged Benz i have ever had, it dosen't go to the garage for years, manual tranny with taut throttle ,that makes it quicker and faster than her auto tranny counterpart and all those Japanese stuffs( i deliberately make it that way to overcome that initial lunch drag that people usually complain about. Mine is fitted with shootout on all 4 legs for more than better handling and stance.It is my racer too. It has been my best , everyday ride. I am technically glued to it just like my Benz 190, you can see it still very fresh and clean, it's the cleanest Benz 190 in town over here.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:10pm On Feb 10, 2018
auhanson:

Egun, you ignite my batteries..cant resist this. Love this your stance, it's almost like mind...

I lack words to describe this car, the most rugged Benz i have ever had, it dosen't go to the garage for years, manual tranny with taut throttle ,that makes it quicker and faster than her auto tranny counterpart and all those Japanese stuffs( i deliberately make it that way to overcome that initial lunch drag that people usually complain about. Mine is fitted with shootout on all 4 legs for more than better handling and stance.It is my racer too. It has been my best , everyday ride. I am technically glued to it just like my Benz 190.

One love bro. It brings back memories.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by auhanson(m): 9:23pm On Feb 10, 2018
sgtponzihater1:

One love bro. It brings back memories.

Thanks man , Egun's ride ignite my ecstasies
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 10, 2018
auhanson:

I lack words to describe this car, the most rugged Benz i have ever had, it dosen't go to the garage for years, manual tranny with taut throttle ,that makes it quicker and faster than her auto tranny counterpart and all those Japanese stuffs( i deliberately make it that way to overcome that initial lunch drag that people usually complain about. Mine is fitted with shootout on all 4 legs for more than better handling and stance.It is my racer too. It has been my best , everyday ride. I am technically glued to it just like my Benz 190, you can see it still very fresh and clean, it's the cleanest Benz 190 in town over here.

Looking good.

They are underrated cars for sure.

The worst thing Nigeria did was to limit year of import to rolling 15 years. Aren't some of these 1999/2000 cars better than some of the decrepit 2007/2008 salvaged one's being imported?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by auhanson(m): 9:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Looking good.

They are underrated cars for sure.

The worst thing Nigeria did was to limit year of import to rolling 15 years. Aren't some of these 1999/2000 cars better than some of the decrepit 2007/2008 salvaged one's being imported?

You are absolutely correct dude, imagine that your ecstatic looking 1999 c230 compared to any of such junks. Each time i pull over with these old Mercs of mine, guys keep flagging me compliments.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by gurulord1: 11:04pm On Feb 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:
This is my 1999 C230 Kompressor. One of my favorite cars.

I always giggle at the solo dance of the wiperblade.
Nice ride

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by gurulord1: 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
auhanson:

Very beautiful cars, well maintained even at home too.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:24am On Feb 12, 2018
auhanson:

You are absolutely correct dude, imagine that your ecstatic looking 1999 c230 compared to any of such junks. Each time i pull over with these old Mercs of mine, guys keep flagging me compliments.

Hi Auhanson, my C230 1998 model, has a little issue of late below the 25litre mark. It switches off ist thing in the morning open start it, then pick after starting it again, vibrates a little, then start running, with some vibrations on the go. These gets worse if the AC is switched on. But one I add fuel of 2k, it doesn't act that way, I bought fuel treatment a while back and I think it worsened it. I feel it's the fuel pump that is acting up, or the fuel passage may be dirty and clogged up. Any help or suggestions?
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by nams77: 12:34pm On Feb 12, 2018
auhanson:

When you are ready to let the c class go, let us know

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by RZArecta2(m): 1:01pm On Feb 12, 2018
auhanson:

pls which one is shootout again and are they available in Nigeria ? That "taut throttle" thing, I'm guessing you did it yourself also...
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by auhanson(m): 10:39am On Feb 14, 2018
sgtponzihater1:

Hi Auhanson, my C230 1998 model, has a little issue of late below the 25litre mark. It switches off ist thing in the morning open start it, then pick after starting it again, vibrates a little, then start running, with some vibrations on the go. These gets worse if the AC is switched on. But one I add fuel of 2k, it doesn't act that way, I bought fuel treatment a while back and I think it worsened it. I feel it's the fuel pump that is acting up, or the fuel passage may be dirty and clogged up. Any help or suggestions?

Many things would have caused this , but if i were you i would do the simple ones first, the ones that would not cause me a dine:
First clean up the following thing very thoroughly and your car would move lively again:
Clean the air filter compactment down to the combustion chambers very thoroughly,

First bring down the air filter box , clean the filter very well with a good blower or compressor, if you dont have one meet the local vulcanizers to blow it for you

Secondly, wash that filter box and let it dry.

Clean the pipe from the air filter to the pvc down to the throttle body thoroughly and let it dry.

*Then use distilled water or windscreen cleaner start your engine hold the throttle body at the hood at about 200 to 300 rev and spray water into it about a cup to clean up all the build up in the throttle body and the combustion chamber down to the exhaust. After this part you will enjoy the stability and reving of your engine.

This is actually the most important part. the initial steps were to prevent reoccurrance after this clean up. Good luck and enjoy your ride
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by auhanson(m): 10:41am On Feb 14, 2018
nams77:

When you are ready to let the c class go, let us know

Ok man, thanks, but i'm glued to this thing
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by auhanson(m): 10:48am On Feb 14, 2018
RZArecta2:
pls which one is shootout again and are they available in Nigeria ? That "taut throttle" thing, I'm guessing you did it yourself also...

Sorry my dear, don't mind me, they are simply wheel spacers or extenders, but the raw enthusiast call it shootout. they are ver easy to install to extends your wheel , but you have to take careful and thorough moves to make sure they align perfectly and are well tightened to last a life time. i prefer it in Mercs than Japanese cars, because in Mercs you plug in the bolt to tightened up and even your wheel bolt too, the reverse is the case with japanese cars. So, i dont recommend them for Japanese cars, but they are doable.

For Merc guys you can pick them very cheap by looking out for those old regular mercedes benz 230 , they come as default .Check garages or your local dump site you will just see them there. Pull out all your wheels fit them first before you fix your wheel to it and plug your bolt the normal way, but this time , you need shorter w202 merc bolts so that it dosent rub inside.

As for the throttle, you know your throttle cable slack over the years making the feeling look very less responsive especially in this w202. You could always adjust that back yourself to last for another couple of years. You may even go a step further to make this mods very very responsive such that your car will jump at the slightest pressing of the throttle, the choice is yours anyways but you have to be careful with the steering handling at this level, and inform anyone who may want to drive your car for the first time what he or she is to expect at the depression of the throttle when you are giving it a little gas.You can definitely handle it yourself , it is not hard.

I did mine myself and added a little load at the end of the throttle cable to hold it taut, for a quicker acceleration that no man mess with me on the road, but not too taut oh , else your car will be reving high allthrough

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by RZArecta2(m): 11:23am On Feb 14, 2018
auhanson:

Sorry my dear, don't mind me, they are simply wheel spacers or extenders, but the raw enthusiast call it shootout. they are ver easy to install to extends your wheel , but you have to take careful and thorough moves to make sure they align perfectly and are well tightened to last a life time. i prefer it in Mercs than Japanese cars, because in Mercs you plug in the bolt to tightened up and even your wheel bolt too, the reverse is the case with japanese cars. So, i dont recommend them for Japanese cars, but they are doable.

For Merc guys you can pick them very cheap by looking out for those old regular mercedes benz 230 , they come as default .Check garages or your local dump site you will just see them there. Pull out all your wheels fit them first before you fix your wheel to it and plug your bolt the normal way, but this time , you need shorter w202 merc bolts so that it dosent rub inside.

As for the throttle, you know your throttle cable slack over the years making the feeling look very less responsive especially in this w202. You could always adjust that back yourself to last for another couple of years. You may even go a step further to make this mods very very responsive such that your car will jump at the slightest pressing of the throttle, the choice is yours anyways but you have to be careful with the steering handling at this level, and inform anyone who may want to drive your car for the first time what he or she is to expect at the depression of the throttle when you are giving it a little gas.You can definitely handle it yourself , it is not hard.

I did mine myself and added a little load at the end of the throttle cable to hold it taut, for a quicker acceleration that no man mess with me on the road, but not too taut oh , else your car will be reving high allthrough
correct guy, I'll definitely try this as soon as possible

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
auhanson:

Many things would have caused this , but if i were you i would do the simple ones first, the ones that would not cause me a dine:
First clean up the following thing very thoroughly and your car would move lively again:
Clean the air filter compactment down to the combustion chambers very thoroughly,

First bring down the air filter box , clean the filter very well with a good blower or compressor, if you dont have one meet the local vulcanizers to blow it for you

Clean the pipe from the air filter to the pvc down to the throttle body thoroughly and let it dry.

*Then use distilled water or windscreen cleaner start your engine hold the throttle body at the hood at about 200 to 300 rev and spray water into it about a cup to clean up all the build up in the throttle body and the combustion chamber down to the exhaust. After this part you will enjoy the stability and reving of your engine.

This is actually the most important part. the initial steps were to prevent reoccurrance after this clean up. Good luck and enjoy your ride

Thanks boss. U seem to be a very kind man

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 8:58am On Feb 22, 2018
auhanson:

You know Benz...you made love to her... exactly. Tried the air filter thing...the c class was moving like a rocket.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by yakuza1(m): 10:10am On Feb 22, 2018
Auhanson, nice cars especially the 190E. Kindly drop your email addy. I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask you regarding the 190E. Wouldn't want to derail this beautiful thread. Cheers.
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by ogtavia(m): 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
auhanson:

Bro....i am currently looking for something like yours...can you kindly help me with the specs as well as how I can go about getting it or something like this?
.thanks a million..

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by dljbd1(m): 5:17pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hello guys,

Please can someone tell me the cost of the rear wheel hub of a c280?
I use a 1994 model.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by dljbd1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2018
dljbd1:
Hello guys,

Please can someone tell me the cost of the rear wheel hub of a c280?
I use a 1994 model.

Thanks
undecided
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by REDDEVILS1(m): 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
Brother. Good Evening. I just bought this ride yesterday. I suspect the previous user has removed the thermostat. Please do yoy know any Mech in Enugu that is enlightened about not removing thermostat. I want to return the ride back to factory settings
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by REDDEVILS1(m): 7:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
bishopkay:

My brother wahala for person when never drive Benz oo. It may sound like a tale but what I've used this car for Hmmm, I won't even try it with a Toyota Camry or corolla God forbid!

At its age, it still runs like a beast... Mine's tires were vibrating sometime ago when you reach speeds of 130km/h immediately I changed it to bigger tires, bros I dey do 180 with this car e no dey shake!

Ran Enugu to Auchi within 6 hours plus the bad road ooo. No wonder my uncle sold his W202 v4 and bought another one with 6 plugs...nigga is simply addicted! grin
Brother. Good Evening. I just bought this ride yesterday. I suspect the previous user has removed the thermostat. Please do yoy know any Mech in Enugu that is enlightened about not removing thermostat. I want to return the ride back to factory settings
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by bishopkay: 8:06pm On Nov 13, 2018
REDDEVILS1:

I know a particular guy at Nsukka called Anyi he's very good at electricals Benz and Germans 08065998074
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by REDDEVILS1(m): 12:49am On Nov 14, 2018
bishopkay:

I know a particular guy at Nsukka called Anyi he's very good at electricals Benz and Germans 08065998074
am in Abakpa metropolis
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:30pm On Apr 08, 2019
Clean first body C230 1998 model for sale 580k firm. Let me know if interested
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by dljbd1(m): 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2019
sgtponzihater1:
post pix
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by 2felix(m): 10:29am On Sep 09, 2019
sgtponzihater1:
Is it still available?
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by BamBamK: 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
auhanson, do u still have ur rides??
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by nomaison(m): 10:47am On Apr 17, 2020
The ride weh dey humble people for road

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2014 Mercedes-Benz S Class In Pictures / 5 Most Loved Car Brands In The World.. / Lanre Shittu Motors Joins The League Of Vehicle Assemblers In Nigeria (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.