Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Your Tribe Or English, Which Are You Proud Of? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Your Tribe Or English, Which Are You Proud Of? (780 Views)

What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. / Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? / Are You Proud Of Your Native Name? – Get In Here & Drop Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Tribe Or English, Which Are You Proud Of? by blaze2cool(m): 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
I am proud of mine. Urhobo

A lot will be ashamed of who they are.....
Imagine you in Warri you speak your language (Urhobo) to someone, a girl especially she immediately change to English, why na?

Let's promote our tribe, it brings unity amongst us.

Yoruba
Housa
Igbo

Be it who you are be proud of yourself.
Let's uphold the truth about us.

1 Like

Re: Your Tribe Or English, Which Are You Proud Of? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2018
Both
Re: Your Tribe Or English, Which Are You Proud Of? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
My tribe.
Igede.
My voice makes my English sounds like Jamaican because of highness.

2 Likes

Re: Your Tribe Or English, Which Are You Proud Of? by nepapole(m): 12:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
kosi ede toh dun to yooba. Proudly omo yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Your Tribe Or English, Which Are You Proud Of? by Fulaman198(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
I'm more proud of my ethnic (please don't refer to it as tribe) ethnic language, Fulfulde the language of the Fulani.

Min mi Pullo, mi hofni on, mido yidi demgal am Fulfulde.

3 Likes

Re: Your Tribe Or English, Which Are You Proud Of? by WeirdoNg: 4:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
I only speak English with Nigerians from other ethnic groups

1 Like

Re: Your Tribe Or English, Which Are You Proud Of? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
I'm proud of my ethnicity and country (Ethiopia). I use my language Amaregn (Amharic) always.

English is important nowadays, but I'm not proud of it.

1 Like

Re: Your Tribe Or English, Which Are You Proud Of? by blackmartial(m): 10:06pm On Jan 08, 2018
My tribe gives me my identity, value system, custom and moral code; while English is a subject I studied in school to help communicate with other people outside of my ethnic group.

(1) (Reply)

Ojoto Igweship: Igwe Elect, Okafor Opts Out / Hadijah Nakitendde: How To Spot The Chaos Causing Illuminati Mafia Devil Cults / Lady Says She Entered The Same Bus With Her Dead Aunty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.