Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China (1575 Views)

Huge Antarctica Snow Cruiser Is Missing Since 1940 In The Antarctica(Photos) / Snow Capped Akampka Mountains And Mount Cameroon Visible From Calabar (photos) / Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by Explorers(m): 8:39am On Jan 08, 2018
From here;

https://www.nairaland.com/4244530/china-builds-solar-road-charge

A cutting-edge solar-panelled highway has been targeted by thieves less than two weeks after it launched in China.

The innovative stretch cost £2million to build and is around 1.2 miles long on the Jinan City Expressway Shandong, East China.

It is covered with more than 10,000 solar panels, provides power for the city and comes with coils that can charge up electric cars when motorists drive over them.

The section of the expressway in China embedded with solar panels for electricity generation was stolen just few days after it opened to traffic.

During an inspection on January 2, a section of the highway, around six feet long and six inches wide, was discovered to be missing.

The piece was removed by a professional team, according to Qilu Evening News.

Road maintenance workers discovered two days ago that a section of the one kilometer stretch in Jinan, capital of China’s eastern Shandong province, was damaged.

Local officials and representatives of the tech companies involved in the project visited the scene to determine the cause of the damage and alerted police.

The light-fingered perpetrators may have been interested in the technology.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5243757/Cutting-edge-solar-panelled-highway-targeted-thieves.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5343965/Chinas-fleet-220mph-bullet-trains.html

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by Explorers(m): 8:40am On Jan 08, 2018
Workers have have since repaired, replaced the panels and the road has reopened to the public.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 08, 2018
FTC
Though I am not the religious type of person.
I just can't help but drop this.

Genesis 6:5

Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by Blakjewelry(m): 8:51am On Jan 08, 2018
Na em be say naija own go worse
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by EbukaHades10(m): 9:00am On Jan 08, 2018
I smell front page
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by Evablizin(f): 9:02am On Jan 08, 2018
shocked
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by LordCrimson(m): 9:07am On Jan 08, 2018
How many Nigerian men passed that road lately undecided

2 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by LessNoise: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2018
Lmao highway robbery grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by supervillain52(m): 9:45am On Jan 08, 2018
Even granite we neva pour for our roads talk less of solar power road.but inside those money wey govt dey sieze they no fit close eye use small do road abi light.
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by HARDLABOR: 9:52am On Jan 08, 2018
There must be an insider

Someone must have give the thieves information

All those folks talking Nigeria above are fools
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by tinaupsky: 10:03am On Jan 08, 2018
Hello Explorer, Please flash me on 08097429944 or text me. I have some offer for you.
Explorers:
Workers have have since repaired, replaced the panels and the road has reopened to the public.
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by armadeo(m): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2018
Lol. At least they want to steal the technology and they left a lot behind.

We're it one country like that the road won't even be completed before they start vandalizing it.

The contractor would then start using substandard materials too

Lol
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by Emerikoss: 11:09am On Jan 08, 2018
LordCrimson:
How many Nigerian men passed that road lately undecided
You think only Nigerian men can do this? think again, you don't know those are the professional vandalizers...
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by klexycole(m): 11:11am On Jan 08, 2018
tinaupsky:
Hello Explorer, Please flash me on 0809742***4 or text me. I have some offer for you.

Explorers is about to "blow"! cheesy grin
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by Flexherbal(m): 11:49am On Jan 08, 2018
"Workers have since repaired, replaced the panels and the road has reopened to the public."

Rapid response!
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by UncleSnr(m): 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2018
grin
Heart of men.

Flexherbal:
"Workers have since repaired, replaced the panels and the road has reopened to the public."

Rapid response!
Working Country.
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2018
I'm sure this is the handiwork of a Nigerian man.

dem don contact one Chinese guy make dem steal am ship am come naija, because I don't know why any of the Chinese go wan steal any of this, he can't even use it there before they catch him/her

I stand corrected

Drabeey was HERE ( no1 pmb fan)
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by RX480(m): 1:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
Enemies of progress
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by DEIFIED(m): 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2018
that road look so high off the ground'. is there anything below it, like a tunnel.?
Re: Solar Panel Highway That Charge Electric Cars And Melt Snow Vandalized In China by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 10, 2018
Knowledge is power

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Traveling To Georgia / Three Friends Perish While Returning From A Nightclub In Ogun State / My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.