Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) (18379 Views)

Value Jet Offers Free Flights To Lagos, Abuja, Asaba & Port Harcourt (Photos) / Xenophobia: 315 South Africa Returnees Arrive Nigeria (Photos) / More Photos Of South African Returnees After Evacuation By Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by God2man(m): 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
There is no place like home
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by Teeboi56: 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
LionDeLeo:
I just don't know why this Libya returnees are given so much attention.

You carry your leg waka comot, say nijerya is a pit, anything you see, carry am abeg. angry
Correct he know consign us jare na them sabi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by Prudent5217: 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2018
Welcome back Home. I witnessed it live yesterday when i was about to board a flight to Lagos on Arik air
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by Fidha254(m): 3:30pm On Jan 08, 2018
The government officials couldn't stop congratulating each other for bringing them back .... Why did they go in the first place? Solve that first then you can rub each others D!€ks for all we care
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by TheKingIsHere: 3:32pm On Jan 08, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
just put big fence around Edo state and you will see number of Nigeria migrants to Libya and Italy will reduce tremendously.... Edo constituents highest number of Nigeria prostitute in Europe
Just the same way igbos constitutes highest number of drug addicts and drug criminals both in Nigeria and over seas right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by Stethaine: 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
On a serious note. Come to Ghana now and see plenty of Edo girls doing Ashawo even in the broad daylight. Now the Authorities are parading them on TV as Nigeria Ashawos.

1 Like

Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by dantyboy: 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
If them be slave, how them take get all those fine fine hood.
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

Officials of the Federal and Rivers State Governments on Sunday received 491 Libyan returnees at the Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa.

While the Federal Government delegation was led by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Geoffrey Onyeama, the Secretary of the Rivers State Government, Sir Kenneth Kobani led the delegation of the state government.

The team that received the 491 returnees included Immigration officials, NEMA staff, NAPTIP, military personnel and officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Speaking at the reception for the returnees, the Secretary to the Rivers State Government, Sir Kenneth Kobani stated that the programme was strictly a programme of the Federal Government.

He thanked the President for the effort in bringing back stranded Nigerians who have suffered indignity in Libya.

He said: "As a state government, we had no choice really. Let me say that the Rivers State Governor made it clear to me that we should do everything possible to make sure that this exercise is handled smoothly and that the Rivers State Government would do everything in its power to assist the Federal agencies handling this programme.

"Because above everything else, we are all Nigerians and this programme is a clear indication that when Nigerians work together, we can achieve anything.

"What you are seeing here today clearly shows that our governor and indeed the President feel same about this issue."

The Secretary to the Rivers State Government noted that when issues concerning Nigeria are brought to the fore, everyone must come together to stop the enslavement of Nigerians.

"On behalf of the Rivers State Governor, His Excellency, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, I will like to thank President Muhammadu Buhari, the Minister of Foreign Affairs and his team who worked tirelessly to make the return of our brothers and sisters home".

Also speaking, Geoffrey Onyeama, Foreign Affairs Minister , said that there were stories of the exploitation and suffering of the stranded Nigerians which compelled the Federal Government to act decisively.

He said: "We made it clear to the Libyan Government that we want to see all Nigerians there.We insisted that we should see all of them. Instead of hearing from them. We made it clear that they (Libyans) are signatories to international conventions and we expected them to have control of those who guard our children.

"They cooperated with us. It was because of the respect for Mr President.

There were people who were making money from these children and did not want them to return home. We carried out a rigorious outreach to ensure that we have everybody back."

He said the programme is an ongoing process that will continue till all the stranded Nigerians return home.

He said: " The Libyan government has got the message that as far as they are Nigerians, there is zero tolerance from this government for this type of molestation."

All the returnees were profiled at the designated booths at the airport.

https://politicsngr.com/491-libyan-returnees-land-port-harcourt-photos/
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by dantyboy: 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
So oluku na hell u deh so ooooo.
ebujany:
Welcome to hell
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by FIDELITY24(m): 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
dannytoe:
and who told u 80% of those are from Edo? Where did u get ur statitics and facts from? Were u there to count how many were from Edo? If u dont know what to say keep quite and stop making false claim.
I understand if you're from edo state but it's the bitter truth 80% of them are from Edo state.

3 Likes

Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
casablanca here they come.
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by AFONJAPIG(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
Just the same way igbos constitutes highest number of drug addicts and drug criminals both in Nigeria and over seas right?
just the way yellowbar demons constituents highest number of skull miners in Africa grin grin grin
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
I understand your brain has some missing parts, show proof rather than merely repeat the claim in an other way.
FIDELITY24:
I understand if you're from edo state but it's the bitter truth 80% of them are from Edo state.
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by shekauvsbuhari: 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2018
Jesse01:
Y did dey land in port harcourt angry 80%of dis Libyans Retureens are frm Edo state,so wat are dey doing, here?
my own concern too. Benin no get airport ni?
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by erico2k2(m): 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
Jesse01:
Y did dey land in port harcourt angry 80%of dis Libyans Retureens are frm Edo state,so wat are dey doing, here?
you knew this just from looking at their faces abi?
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by erico2k2(m): 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
shekauvsbuhari:
my own concern too. Benin no get airport ni?
Not international Airport. the PHC Airport is an International Airport, it host the likes of Air France Lufthansa and KLM.
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by FIDELITY24(m): 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
historyworld031:
I understand your brain has some missing parts, show proof rather than merely repeat the claim in an other way.
I don't know why you feel pained because of the truth. I have lots of friends from edo state and I know that majority of your young girls are into prostitution in Italy while the boys are mainly into yahoo n yahoo plus. Italy is even far, travel to Ghana and see for yourself, most of the girls into prostitution there are from edo state same with the G boys. If you are not happy with that, I will advice you to start changing the mindsets of the upcoming youngsters from your state otherwise they will get carried away with the display of flashy things they see the ones who are into llegal deals display.

3 Likes

Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by cchiagom(f): 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2018
Jesse01:

Are they not Nigerians? where do you want them to land, so that oga at the top will take note of that.
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2018
Mynd44, rule 2
FIDELITY24:
I don't know why you feel pained because of the truth. I have lots of friends from edo state and I know that majority of your young girls are into prostitution in Italy while the boys are mainly into yahoo n yahoo plus. Italy is even far, travel to Ghana and see for yourself, most of the girls into prostitution there are from edo state same with the G boys. If you are not happy with that, I will advice you to start changing the mindsets of the upcoming youngsters from your state otherwise they will get carried away with the display of flashy things they see the ones who are into llegal deals display.
Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2018
don't discuss with trolls parading fake stats.
They are trolling. Don't waste your time.
Small arnts pretend to have muscles when they are in the internet.
cchiagom:

Are they not Nigerians? where do you want them to land, so that oga at the top will take note of that.

1 Like

Re: 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
historyworld031:
mynd44, rule 2

Is there anything wrong with the statistics?

If you disagree, quote and post the correct figure. Stop bothering people here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASU Students, Two Others Die In Ogun Road Crash / BRT Driver Who Crashed Into Train Arraigned For Manslaughter / With Your Current Account Balance, Where Can You Travel To With It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.