Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,176 members, 7,957,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:03 PM

Did God Need Faith To Create The World? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Need Faith To Create The World? (4646 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / To Athiests, What Are Your Reasons For Dumping Religious Faith To Athiesm / I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by Image123(m): 8:51am On Apr 10, 2010
Aletheia
What's with Mark 2:5? Are you implying that Jesus only healed/worked when He saw others' faith? What's your point?
Also have you read the 2Peter text you quoted? He says when we were with him on the holy mount. I think/believe/maintain that he's refering to the Matthew17v5 incidence.
Prior to Matthew 3v17, I see that Jesus had fulfilled righteousness which is by faith, for whatever is not of faith is sin(matthew 3v15).
Hebrew 11v6 is the Word of God. It can't be subject to our manmade boundaries. It say without faith it is IMPOSSIble to please Him. The whole Bible is God's Word, not man or woman centred. On your premise, one can further say without faith it is impossible for man to please God, not woman. There's no she in the verse, no? 'For he that cometh to God must believe', not she right?
The scripture cannot be broken, stop trying to break it.
Sorry I don't know anakin skywalker. What do you know to be the meaning of trust btw?
@enigma
Take it up and then down, that God uses faith and man uses faith doesn't equate God and man.
Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by noetic16(m): 10:26am On Apr 10, 2010
Gunnaz007:

@noetic, I think u are mixing the message with the messenger. True CE are used to heresy. . . . .but there is an element of TRUTH in their argument.

You accuse them of heresy yet you agree with their argument

Friend, dont be too hasty in making absolutist remarks and conclusions about people (especeially d church) because God did not make you a judge over them!!!!

1. I did NOT agree with their message. . . . MAN IS NOT ON AN EQUAL FOOTING WITH GOD.

2. But I did emphasize that there is something called the faith of God

3. It is a legendary FACT that CE commits loads of heresy.

What if what you term as heresy (that emanates from cec) is just that message (meat not milk) which you are yet to grasp?

please give me some meat of the gospel grin I am waiting . . . . . grin
Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by KunleOshob(m): 10:28am On Apr 10, 2010
Christ embassy teachings heresies make me sick  angry i honestly felt like puking reading the excerpts quoted that that filthy thrash called ROR in the OP.
Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by noetic16(m): 10:35am On Apr 10, 2010
InesQor:

@Aletheia: Please don't mind Deep Sight, he just wants to get you talking. I took out a lot of time some months ago to explain Psalm 22 with respect to the crucifixion to him, and he confessed that he was satisfied since he had never seen it that way before. I think JeSoul may remember, she was on the thread or so, I cant recall.

I was told u are mavenbox, . . . I didnt notice. Perhaps I find mavenbox more charming cheesy
Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by KunleOshob(m): 10:37am On Apr 10, 2010
Gunnaz007:

What if what you term as heresy (that emanates from cec) is just that message (meat not milk) which you are yet to grasp?

The more annoying thing is when the obvious fallacies in their heresies have been exposed they claim that what they are preaching is the "meat" of the gospel which is not easy for "baby" christians to chew. What a bunch of retards  angry
Enigma:

First a note on the "Rhapsody of Realities" thing. As can be expected, it is full of crap: take the one posted yesterday by mabell telling the reader how to increase their vocabulary when speaking in "tongues". Sheer nonsense! I did not post on the thread on which it was posted simply out of respect as the thread is meant to be devotional.

That thread cannot be classifed as a christian devotional by any standards, maybe you meant devotional to pastor chris heresies.
Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by aletheia(m): 10:49am On Apr 10, 2010
@Image123
Image123:

Aletheia
What's with Mark 2:5? Are you implying that Jesus only healed/worked when He saw others' faith? What's your point?

You are still not answering my question. Why is it so difficult? Again:

Mark 2:5 And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven."

Did Jesus forgive the paralytic by his (Jesus') faith?
Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by InesQor(m): 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2010
@noetic: hmm! Its a mirage.
Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by Enigma(m): 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2010
I like this short piece: Faith of God?
Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by Kobojunkie: 1:12am On Mar 16, 2023
aletheia:
I came across this entry of March 4, 2010 in Rhapsody of Realities.
My questions are:
1. Do these scriptures support the view that God operates by faith?
2. Is faith then a force that we can tap into for results, just as God does?
First, contrary to what many may like to believe, Hebrews 11 vs 1 does not contain a definition of the word faith . Rather what the writer does in the context is attempts a figurative comparison of faith with the evidence/substance, the promises of God, that come as a result of ir. Faith itself is not defined in the context of that passage. For this reason, the word faith, in the context, is used in reference to efforts made by such a person as Abraham while pointing out the evidence/benefits that resulted from such effort. undecided

God Himself explained what the word faith means in Genesis 26 vs 5 when He pointed out that the reason why He made a promise to Abraham had to do with the fact that Abraham lived his life in submission and obedience of His, God's, teachings and commandments - Faith. God gave that as the one and the only reason why He made Abraham His friend. This offer we observe Jesus Christ makes with all those of His followers who will do as He says - John 15 vs 9 -14 — those who will submit to and obey His teachings and commandments in the Kingdom of God. So, there you have it. Faith refers to living one's life in continuous submission and obedience to God's commandments and teachings, and in our case, in Jesus Christ. This definition is observed as being used in the Old Testament as well as in the New Covenant by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

1. God's agreement which defines the relationship that exists between God and men is what is operated by Faith. undecided

2. God does not tap into faith. Instead, God is faithful to His agreement meaning He does not break His vows and oats as far as His agreements are concerned. undecided
Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by MightySparrow: 9:58am On Mar 16, 2023
aletheia:
I came across this entry of March 4, 2010 in Rhapsody of Realities.

My questions are:
1. Do these scriptures support the view that God operates by faith?
2. Is faith then a force that we can tap into for results, just as God does?

The problem of christians and beliefs resulting in denominations is interpretation of scriptures. No Bible versions I read has that kind of rendition except some newer versions I have not seen.

God doesn't need faith no more than a dead person needs faith to be raised. God is infinitely powerful that nothing is impossible for Him to do.
Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2023
JeSoul:
■No my brother, that is not what it says.
Heb 11:3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
It is saying, we have no proof God created the universe, but by Faith we understand and believe that it was created by God. Furthermore, it says "created at God's[b] command[/b]" - not created "by God's faith".
1. More like through our faith in God— continuous submission and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ —, God revealed to us that the world was in fact created by Him. Yes, the world was indeed not created by faith as we are not aware of God needing to abide by any contract/agreement as far as the creation of the world and stuff. undecided
Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2023
nuclearboy:
■ Kai, stop that rubbish before I send a dog after you!  angry Jesus MADE HIMSELF an example for us, NOT designed faith like you people do. Do you realise that Jesus followed God's Will whist here? That was trusting in God (based on total knowledge anyway) not "tapping faith" as you call it where you try to manipulate God into your mold. Witches and Wizards all of you, placing yourself in the place where you judge, decide and manipulate for self-gain even when you don't know what tonight will bring! We (humans, me and you) need faith to get blessings that God created! He creates, we believe. How dare you people say God uses faith? faith in what? Your jerry curls or anointing oil?
■ Anyway, why do we even bother? Prior to now, I just wondered at the attitude of CEC people. Today I finally accept what has been bandied about concerning you - you are truly apostates, claiming that God is on the same level with you. No wonder people ridicule Christianity. Imagine someone thinking of God on the same level with a guy with his hair jerry-curled, speaking fake "oyinbo-nglish", planning staged miracles and only full of hot vapid talk that creates cash into his and selected pockets rather than enriching human lives.
1. LOL... grin

2. Christianity as a religion comprises of folks who make gods out of men. Your pastors and mogs are the gods as far as the religion is concerned. undecided
Re: Did God Need Faith To Create The World? by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Mar 20, 2023
InesQor:
Faith is a high-power jet pack used to leap over spiritual obstacles and their physical manifestations, subject to God's pre-approval. God does not need faith to overcome obstacles, neither is He limited by any pre-requisite approval.

@Aletheia: I beg to disagree. I believe "in hope that" in that verse can be effectively rendered "to the end that". i.e. "so that".
Balderdash! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Prophet Elijah Olufemi Akinade(baba Lion) Of Cac Lion Of Judah Gone? / Was Jesus Ever Sick? (Oyedepo's Blunder)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.