Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

What Will Happen If The Government Does This? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Will Happen If The Government Does This? (702 Views)

The Federal Government Does Not Have Money To Meet ASUU Demands”- Chris Ngige / If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? / What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Martinez19(m): 4:13pm On Jan 08, 2018
Given that $1= #120 and is maintained. Imagine if the government decided to pay everyone, irrespective of their discipline be it doctors, nurses, carpenters, accountants, engineers, psychologists, economists, sports men etc. an equal salary of #300,000 per month. Don't you think this would great? I think it would because

1) As people would follow their passion when choosing a course of study rather than be pressured by the financial gain and job prospects.

2) People would stop looking down on other so called "inferior" courses and it's students instead these "inferior" would be embraced by many that are passionate about it and it will lead to the upgrade of these courses and the involvement of experts( after all, only those that are passionate about the courses are there).

3) Side hustle will no longer be a compulsory thing and students can face their studies wholeheartedly which will lead to great mastery among our students. The likelio of having experts across all fields would be 100%. cheesy

4) all courses will be giving attention and will be upgraded in terms of facilities, labs and other infrastructure. No more decline in agricultural, sports and other sectors because experts boku cheesy

5) every body would be rich, girls can marry any boy they want (after all money boku for everyone cheesy) and relationships won't be based on money but love, girls and boys will have some dignity and stop hustling with pussy and sugar mummies respectively grin, social vices like prostitution, human trafficking, armed robbery will reduce drastically, stealing will stop, no nudes on Internet to hustle, suicide and depression will reduce drastically etc.

6) Our mind would shift from money to focus on other worthier pursuits and to better our humanity.

7) Since every body would be quite rich, there would be not upper and lower class in the society hence no need for the awkward social situation of someone looking down on another or the need to "hide your face." because you don't feel you are up to someone's wealthy standard. Imagine a party where carpenters, bricklayers, doctors and engineers attend and they communicate like friends without one group looking down on the other. grin

cool Those who cannot longer practice in their chosen field eg. A surgeon who had injury to his hands or any other accident that ends his medical career , can move on to another speciality knowing fully well that he can still provide for himself and family rather than see it as the end of life and start contemplating suicide. Same goes for students who wanna change course for some reason.

9) add yours...

Martinez19 for president 2019. cool

HopefulLandord, HardMirror, Johnydon22, hahn, hibiscus76, sholahokif aka shollarey, Nilfeim, 1Sharon, Tozara, Catfishbilly, donffd, Airforce1, adepeter2027, 0temSapien, dalaman, ranchoddas, decide, segunojo886 una be people wey I know get sense for this forum. Make we discuss, we can do it #Martinez19ForPresident....... positive change.
Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2018
i may vote you in if you are serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 08, 2018
i may vote for you
Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by drealcivilceno(m): 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:

I second the notion....
Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by drealcivilceno(m): 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
i may vote for you
Which one you dey na...
Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Kenzico(m): 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2018
Na only for Oyinbo land that you might successfully achieve these goals
Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2018
drealcivilceno:

Which one you dey na...

sorry bruh, i was having a level 12 problem with my network

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Martinez19(m): 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44 bike answer my call and do the needful.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by ScienceWatch: 10:41am On Jan 09, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
No No !!! This guy is not serious about issues such as expressed in the OP. He is a God, religion hating Atheist.

He copied and pasted the OP from the ideas of Godly people to fool unwary Christians and Muslims. This is another failed attempt by him to buy favor with high-level Atheists because of his low-level status among Atheists.

Go an examine all his fake topics and other cloned topics created by Atheists for favour, views and likes. Atheists compete for ego boosting views. The OP is deluded and hopes that this topic will gain him 99,000 views and 50,000 likes in 20 days. I say he wont reach his deluded target in 99yrs.

Atheists are by its very nature, unable to even think like what is contained in the OP, let alone have the heart to make it happen.

IMPOSSIBLE !!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Tozara(m): 10:42am On Jan 09, 2018
Lol. This can never work. You forgot to take human nature into account.

Any system that fails to take into account the human need for glory, difference, distinction, relative worth and value, as well as an inbuilt yearning for power and hierarchy is bound to fail. It will never succeed. That's why Western capitalism defeated Soviet communism.

Everyone being paid the same salary regardless of performance? That would be analogous to courting disaster.

The best bet is creating a system that guarantees EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES for everyone, but not EQUAL OUTCOMES. It's counterproductive. Why do I need to work better than the rest when I won't be getting a better reward? In such a system there would be no competition, since there's absolutely NO INCENTIVE for being more productive.

Equal opportunities for all should be the goal---and that's the best we can get---but not equal outcomes, as people have different talents and abilities, and are never equal in those terms.

If you want to know what your kind of system will lead to, just find out the reason why the communist history of Eastern Europe has contributed to its economic destitution, then compare it to the West.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by ScienceWatch: 10:49am On Jan 09, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
No No !!! This guy is not serious about issues such as expressed in the OP. He is a God, religion hating Atheist.

He copied and pasted the OP from the ideas of Godly people to fool unwary Christians and Muslims. This is another failed attempt by him to buy favor with high-level Atheists because of his low-level status among Atheists.

Go an examine all his fake topics and other cloned topics created by Atheists for favour, views and likes. Atheists compete for ego boosting views. The OP is deluded and hopes that this topic will gain him 99,000 views and 50,000 likes in 20 days. I say he wont reach his deluded target in 99yrs.

Atheists are by its very nature, unable to even think like what is contained in the OP, let alone have the heart to make it happen. Should sincere, decent, kind and God fearing persons help these Atheists achieve their greedy targets for VIEWS?
I am sure other esteemed Nairalanders have something to say about this Atheist scam ; sonofthunder, GodsMopol, vaxx, bloodofthelamb, KingEbukasBlog, Ekatwins, Veron265, SpeedndAccuracy, felixomor, butterflylion, MAXIMAL123, Ermacc, shegssosplendid, Pidgin2, Roy52793

IMPOSSIBLE IF MANAGED BY ATHEISTS !!

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Martinez19(m): 10:51am On Jan 09, 2018
Tozara:
Lol. This can never work. You forgot to take human nature into account.

Any system that fails to take into account the human need for glory, difference, distinction, relative worth and value, as well as an inbuilt yearning for power and hierarchy is bound to fail. It will never succeed. That's why Western capitalism defeated Soviet communism.

Everyone being paid the same salary regardless of performance? That would be analogous to courting disaster.

The best bet is creating a system that guarantees EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES for everyone, but not EQUAL OUTCOME. It's counterproductive. Why do I need to work better than the rest when I won't be getting a better reward? In such a system there would be no competition, since there's absolutely NO INCENTIVE for being more productive.

Equal opportunities for all should be the goal---and that's the best we can get---but not equal outcomes, as people have different talents and abilities, and are never equal in those terms.

If you want to know what your kind of system will lead to, just find out the reason why the communist history of Eastern Europe has contributed to its economic destitution, then compare it to the West.

But instead of money being the glory, scientific achievement, changing history for good and making a name for one's self through expertise would be the new holy grail. However, I cannot underestimate man's vanity and wickedness.
Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by ScienceWatch: 11:00am On Jan 09, 2018
drealcivilceno:

I second the notion....
You do know that the OP is a religion and God hating Nigga Hey. Atheists will come shut down the OP because it strongly contradict Atheists beliefs. Go read the Satanically inspired books of the leaders of modern Atheism, Richard Dawkins and
Harris to understand the HIDDEN TEACHING OF ATHEISM. You will accelerate your wisdom on these issues if you quickly chat to anyone of these highly esteemed persons below; Sonofthunder, GodsMopol, Vaxx, Bloodofthelamb, KingEbukasBlog, Veron265, SpeedndAccuracy, Felixomor, Butterflylion. These people come highly recommended.

Martinez19's core beliefs are rooted in what he said, "Christians like you are a problem as much as the pastors and sheeples after miracles. You bring confusion to the table. From a realistic perspective, praying for miracles is misleading not because it's wrong biblically but because God doesn't exist and the Bible is scam."

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by ScienceWatch: 11:21am On Jan 09, 2018
Martinez19:
But instead of money being the glory, scientific achievement, changing history for good and making a name for one's self through expertise would be the new holy grail. However, I cannot underestimate man's vanity and wickedness.
The only history you are making is your failure to destroy all world religions, especially your main target which is Christianity.

It will for ever be written in the history books of the world that Atheism has failed miserably in its main objective, which is to annihilate
all great religions. Why are Atheists so full of contradictions ?

ATHEISTS ARE FULL OF CONTRADICTIONS ! SCIENCE IS FULL OF SERIOUS CONTRADICTIONS !!

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Tozara(m): 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2018
Martinez19:
What's up is all these negative/dark sides of man are the reasons why we've survived and managed to evolve to this point. Greed, envy, competitive spirit, we will, and can, never get rid of them. Man's will to power shall never be crushed or eradicated, as it is the driving force of his evolution---we can only sublimate it to be used for productive, as opposed to destructive, ends.

I also aspire to an Utopia, but that doesn't mean we should abandon reality. If we're to bring about the ideal world, we must be realistic in our method of going about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Martinez19(m): 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
Tozara:
What's up is all these negative/dark sides of man are the reasons why we've survived and managed to evolve to this point. Greed, envy, competitive spirit, we will, and can, never get rid of them. Man's will to power shall never be crushed or eradicated, as it is the driving force of his evolution---we can only sublimate it to be used for productive, as opposed to destructive, ends.

I also aspire to an Utopia, but that doesn't mean we should abandon reality. If we're to bring about the ideal world, we must be realistic in our method of going about it.
You've said the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Tozara(m): 9:02pm On Jan 09, 2018
Martinez19:
You've said the truth.
Thanks, boss. smiley
Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hi Martinez19, it sounds like a good idea in theory, but its not exactly practical unless we practice Communism. I'm not in support of giving the government that much power, as we've failed at the Democratic system- what assurance do we have that a communist government in Nigeria won't run the country to the ground?

The differences in pay different professions is as a result of different factors. The amount of skill/difficulty of skill it takes to practice, the demand for the product in the market, etc. It takes whole lot of dedication to become a professor of anything, and its a lot of work, but the people who work in oil companies earn more. Why? Because oil is a very valuable resources and the profits made from the oil and gas industry are higher than the profits made from a school where a professor might teach.

Even the $1 to N120 in your post is not completely controlled by the government but depends on various factors as well.

Besides, human nature wouldn't even let that happen. Or tell me, would you, as a university graduate that spent sleepless nights from secondary school all the way to your graduation like to earn the same as an illiterate carpenter who spent a few months learning the craft? Or a bus driver who learned to drive in six months?

To achieve your goal, the government would have to have nearly absolute control of every aspect of the country to redistribute the wealth, and pay everyone equally no matter how hard they worked. When I was learning about types of government in secondary school, my teacher gave this example:

Capitalism: Everyone works hard to study, and when we write our tests, what we score is what is recorded.

Communism: Everyone works hard to study, and then all our scores are added together and divided equally between the number of people in the class. The lazy ones loved communism. The hardworking ones were against it.

All professions require different amounts of work and its unfair to compensate everyone equally.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by Martinez19(m): 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2018
AnonyNymous:
Hi Martinez19, it sounds like a good idea in theory, but its not exactly practical unless we practice Communism. I'm not in support of giving the government that much power, as we've failed at the Democratic system- what assurance do we have that a communist government in Nigeria won't run the country to the ground?

The differences in pay different professions is as a result of different factors. The amount of skill/difficulty of skill it takes to practice, the demand for the product in the market, etc. It takes whole lot of dedication to become a professor of anything, and its a lot of work, but the people who work in oil companies earn more. Why? Because oil is a very valuable resources and the profits made from the oil and gas industry are higher than the profits made from a school where a professor might teach.

Even the $1 to N120 in your post is not completely controlled by the government but depends on various factors as well.

Besides, human nature wouldn't even let that happen. Or tell me, would you, as a university graduate that spent sleepless nights from secondary school all the way to your graduation like to earn the same as an illiterate carpenter who spent a few months learning the craft? Or a bus driver who learned to drive in six months?

To achieve your goal, the government would have to have nearly absolute control of every aspect of the country to redistribute the wealth, and pay everyone equally no matter how hard they worked. When I was learning about types of government in secondary school, my teacher gave this example:

Capitalism: Everyone works hard to study, and when we write our tests, what we score is what is recorded.

Communism: Everyone works hard to study, and then all our scores are added together and divided equally between the number of people in the class. The lazy ones loved communism. The hardworking ones were against it.

All professions require different amounts of work and its unfair to compensate everyone equally.
that is why I emphasised passion and expertise. In this system I was thinking that everyone would do what they have passion for and no expertise, no employment.
Re: What Will Happen If The Government Does This? by ScienceWatch: 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
Martinez19:
You've said the truth.
Mmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctoral Student, Bashir Dodo Wins Technological Innovation / JAMB 2018 UTME To Begin On Friday, March 9 / Re: Interswitchspak Offers N7.5m University Scholarship For Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.