Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden (39125 Views)

5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng / 5 Types Of Friends That Would Ruin Your Finances - Avoid Them!!! / 17 Bad Habits You Need To Kill In 2017 To Be More Successful In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by BiafranBushBoy: 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2018
If you wish to know the types of friends to avoid, then you need to read this. “New year new me” always the common line for most people in the new year, but something never changes, and those are the type of friends most of us keep. “Should I just dump my friend for no reason?” that is the question most people ask. I tell you, if they fall into the category of friends in this my post, you shouldn’t just dump them – you can just kick them out.

We are a subtle reflection of the type of friends we keep and if nothing is done, we just end up mirroring their traits. There are several types of friends to avoid in this New Year if you want to succeed, and I believe that you would end up seeing reasons for me.

7 Friends to avoid if you want success

The “Chicken Little”

The 2005 award-winning movie was characterized by an infamous chicken that was known for always screaming foul of everything. The chicken ‘ruined its reputation by giving out false predictions and analysis. At every instance, he felt that the sky was really going to fall.

If you have a friend who discourages you from taking action; who gives a negative expert prediction as to why an investment is bad, a business won’t succeed, why you shouldn’t take risks, how your career would get stalled because of your action, these are the types of friends to avoid this year.

Having a “chicken little” as a friend will make you believe the sky would fall by taking actions in life. They would want to make you wait till the coast is clear – which may never be.

The Praise Singer

Friends who never question your decision or motive when you confide in them should be the type friends to avoid if you really want to be successful. Having friends who are analytical and critical in reasoning is a plus. The ones who always sing your praises either to remain in your good books or for any form of reward should be discarded ASAP.

The ‘Poverty Minded’ Friend

Friends like these believe that making money is reserved for some special kind of people. They should be among the type of friends to avoid if you want to succeed.

The ‘art of becoming successful’ is alien to them. It seems like speaking Latin to a native English speaker. They are just happy with the way they survive, and won’t ‘stress’ themselves out with the hustle of making money.

They have the energy, but they just don’t believe that making money or becoming successful is possible.

The Lazy Pug

They don’t believe in hard work. All they want is the shortest cut to success. They aren’t prepared to take upon any project and make it a success. They always discourage you from working so hard. “Don’t work yourself to death” is their daily anthem to you. You should avoid this kind of friends.

The Dreamer

They believe they are gonna end up rich, but they have no plans to accomplish it. Plans, strategies, and efforts aren’t part of their life schedules. They keep records of the number of cars to buy, houses to build, and places to spend their fictitious holidays. If you keep such a friend, you might end up becoming a day-dreamer also. These are the kind of friends to avoid if you want to succeed in life.

The Complainer

This type of friend complains literally about everything – his shoes, clothes, boss, car, even air. When things aren’t going as planned, he nags and leaves everyone around depressed.

The Rigid Mind

This type of friends will always want to win in every argument. They see any idea that doesn’t come from them as irrelevant. Even when they agree reluctantly, they will reach any length to frustrate the idea just to prove their initial point.

Friends like these are toxic, and they should be among the types of friends to avoid in 2018. I wrote just 6, and you should join the conversation by adding yours in the comment section.

Similar Post you would love

Research has shown that if you loved this post, you would also love these ones below (Links are on the blog)

Why you should copy the celebrity lifestyle

Are you depressed? Here is why you shouldn’t give up!

Remember to subscribe and receive articles like this in your mailbox.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by BiafranBushBoy: 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2018
You can join the discussion and add up to the list.

Other links are found on the Source Link: http://topwritersden.com/types-of-friends-to-avoid/

Lalasticlala, Dominique

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
Oga Mike is always dishing it out hotly. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by taylor88(m): 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
The above ain't my problem

Any friend that doesn't see anything bad and evil about this buhari government

He had better kiss our friendship goodbye

Ever since this dullard got into office my diick no dey stand again

Poverty don carry Monday hammer scatter my back bone sprockets and chains

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by Divay22(f): 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2018
The ones that must party every weekend...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2018
I concur

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by nezzar: 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2018
Nice one Bro

8. Avoid people who dish out relationship and sexual advices but are very dull when it comes 2 book

Cc Biafranbushboy

9 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by festwiz(m): 6:00pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good list man. This is why i keep a small circle of friends with whom to share ideas. The smaller the circle, the smaller the chances of finding the folks mentioned above.
One or two of the categories are unavoidable though, they are ever present, usually no. 7. Lol grin

3 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by KushyKush: 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2018
Friends that don't support your goals.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
Friends who're enshrined in mediocrity. grin I used to have a friend back then who was a single mum, and was doing well for herself. I on the other hand was a JAMBITE, and due to the disappointments in securing admission, she kept advising I buy a poly form instead of pursing what I really desired. Her incessant complains of me not doing what she thought was best for me made me stop visiting her 'till date.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2018
Friends that can never come to your aid when you're in dare need should be unfriended.

31 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by BiafranBushBoy: 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2018
sexybbstar:

wink.
Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by BiafranBushBoy: 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2018
festwiz:
Good list man. This is why i keep a small circle of friends with whom to share ideas. The smaller the circle, the smaller the chances of finding the folks mentioned above.
One or two of the categories are unavoidable though, they are ever present, usually no. 7. Lol grin

lol... Na so.

Lalasticlala night don reach smiley

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2018
kimbraa:
Friends that can never come to your aid when you're in dare need should be unfriended.

Totally seconded.
I can't count the number of people I ignore on WhatsApp nowadays. A friend in need defines the friendship.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by PenisCaP: 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2018
sexybbstar:

Why are u suffering me like this cry
Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by lasisi69(f): 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
Avoid those things and don't settle your village people at your own peril...

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by FisifunKododada: 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
cool Why just 2018? What about 2019 and beyond? cool
Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by peteruuu(m): 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
TRUE
Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by notoriousbabe: 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ajepako belongs to all

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by slawomir: 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2018
you can posses all these characters still I will remain your friend but if you are not a toker, I mean if you don't smoke weed I will do away with you

I love all my Niggarz in Benin City rolling weed with me
but we always smoke with sense because no matter the amount of weed we smoke we can never be the most high
only JAH(God) is the most high.

abeg osazee check whether any tie still dey ground make we take follow up this night

7 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by Airforce1(m): 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2018
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by Ghostscript(m): 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2018
No b small thing my brother

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by PETUK(m): 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
I am that friend that your mother used to warn you about

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
The Beggars, these ones can beg for Africa

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by Boland(m): 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
Some of you here are actually the friend your friends need to avoid.

Avoid freinds that talk about opposite sex too much.

Avoid friends that love plessure too much.

Avoid freinds that hate the opposite sex just because of the general stereotype.

Avoid freinds that always go for the easy way out of any situation.

Above all, avoid freinds that don't have Jesus.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by sodiqapril(m): 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2018
avoid the ones that support arsenal also...to me you are not a close friend, until you give me something Important and I don't thank you

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by WebSurfer(m): 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2018
What if you have a celebrity friend you don’t know how to avoid for a not so cool lifestyle.

All I thought when I read that line
They are just happy with the way they survive, and won’t stress themselves out with the hustle of making money

was a friend trying to convince me into a shady business i will never do because of Proverbs 22:1

So not in every case.
Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by Snow02: 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
taylor88:
The above ain't my problem

Any friend that doesn't see anything bad and evil about this buhari government

He had better kiss our friendship goodbye

Ever since this dullard got into office my diick no dey stand again

Poverty don carry Monday hammer scatter my back bone sprockets and chains
Jesus Christ laugh Wan kill me LMAO abeg take am easy bro

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by DozieInc(m): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ok
Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by abimbolabolaw(m): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
Do you want people to know about your goods and services through social media? Do you want us to drive quality traffic, leads & sales to your business and boost your online reputation?

Our services include:
⊙ Social media management
⊙ Social media marketing
⊙ Social Media Influencer
⊙ Trends
⊙ Campaigns(Election) Media Management

Kindly contact us today:

Email: abimbolalawrencezi@gmail.com
Phone number: 08102320310
Re: 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden by bughead: 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
If you wish to know the types of friends to avoid, then you need to read this. “New year new me” always the common line for most people in the new year, but something never changes, and those are the type of friends most of us keep. “Should I just dump my friend for no reason?” that is the question most people ask. I tell you, if they fall into the category of friends in this my post, you shouldn’t just dump them – you can just kick them out.

We are a subtle reflection of the type of friends we keep and if nothing is done, we just end up mirroring their traits. There are several types of friends to avoid in this New Year if you want to succeed, and I believe that you would end up seeing reasons for me.

7 Friends to avoid if you want success

The “Chicken Little”

The 2005 award-winning movie was characterized by an infamous chicken that was known for always screaming foul of everything. The chicken ‘ruined its reputation by giving out false predictions and analysis. At every instance, he felt that the sky was really going to fall.

If you have a friend who discourages you from taking action; who gives a negative expert prediction as to why an investment is bad, a business won’t succeed, why you shouldn’t take risks, how your career would get stalled because of your action, these are the types of friends to avoid this year.

Having a “chicken little” as a friend will make you believe the sky would fall by taking actions in life. They would want to make you wait till the coast is clear – which may never be.

The Praise Singer

Friends who never question your decision or motive when you confide in them should be the type friends to avoid if you really want to be successful. Having friends who are analytical and critical in reasoning is a plus. The ones who always sing your praises either to remain in your good books or for any form of reward should be discarded ASAP.

The ‘Poverty Minded’ Friend

Friends like these believe that making money is reserved for some special kind of people. They should be among the type of friends to avoid if you want to succeed.

The ‘art of becoming successful’ is alien to them. It seems like speaking Latin to a native English speaker. They are just happy with the way they survive, and won’t ‘stress’ themselves out with the hustle of making money.

They have the energy, but they just don’t believe that making money or becoming successful is possible.

The Lazy Pug

They don’t believe in hard work. All they want is the shortest cut to success. They aren’t prepared to take upon any project and make it a success. They always discourage you from working so hard. “Don’t work yourself to death” is their daily anthem to you. You should avoid this kind of friends.

The Dreamer

They believe they are gonna end up rich, but they have no plans to accomplish it. Plans, strategies, and efforts aren’t part of their life schedules. They keep records of the number of cars to buy, houses to build, and places to spend their fictitious holidays. If you keep such a friend, you might end up becoming a day-dreamer also. These are the kind of friends to avoid if you want to succeed in life.

The Complainer

This type of friend complains literally about everything – his shoes, clothes, boss, car, even air. When things aren’t going as planned, he nags and leaves everyone around depressed.

The Rigid Mind

This type of friends will always want to win in every argument. They see any idea that doesn’t come from them as irrelevant. Even when they agree reluctantly, they will reach any length to frustrate the idea just to prove their initial point.

Friends like these are toxic, and they should be among the types of friends to avoid in 2018. I wrote just 6, and you should join the conversation by adding yours in the comment section.

Similar Post you would love

Research has shown that if you loved this post, you would also love these ones below (Links are on the blog)

Why you should copy the celebrity lifestyle

Are you depressed? Here is why you shouldn’t give up!

Remember to subscribe and receive articles like this in your mailbox.
lol.

Sometimes the negative one maybe you!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTO: Who Knows This Accident Victim From Anambra / Photo: A Nairalanders Room Today / Five Years From Now, Where Do You See Yourself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.