Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Nigerian Atheists??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Atheists??? (758 Views)

Nigerian Atheists Silenced After India Successful Moon Mission / Nigerian Atheists Sue Akwa Ibom State Governor Over Building Of Church / Nigerian Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Atheists??? by Mjsod: 8:43pm On Jan 08, 2018
Yes, there are atheists in Nigeria, wonderful people I must confess. The thing is majority of Nigerian atheists are actually a confused set who just happen to see a group to follow.

And that is why I identify as a humanist. Still have researches and facts to unravel in my quest/thirst for knowledge.
Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by Seun(m): 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2018
Please tell us about your encounters with the wonderful Nigerian atheists that you met, and why you think most of them are confused.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by hakeem4(m): 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2018
Mjsod:
Yes, there are atheists in Nigeria, wonderful people I must confess. [s]The thing is majority of Nigerian atheists are actually a confused set who just happen to see a group to follow.[/s]

And that is why I identify as a humanist. Still have researches and facts to unravel in my quest/thirst for knowledge.
what of theist who just follow what ever their religious leaders tell them without proper research, aren’t they more confused than atheist.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2018
Op use your head oo.
Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by johnydon22(m): 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2018
Mjsod:
Yes, there are atheists in Nigeria, wonderful people I must confess. The thing is majority of Nigerian atheists are actually a confused set who just happen to see a group to follow.

it's a good thing to identify as a humanist but quick question.

Do you believe in God or not?
Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by Mjsod: 3:03am On Jan 09, 2018
hakeem4:
what of theist who just follow what ever their religious leaders tell them without proper research, aren’t they more confused than atheist.

they are both sides of a coin. wrong info, and they go boom!
Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by Mjsod: 9:57pm On Jan 09, 2018
Seun:
Please tell us about your encounters with the wonderful Nigerian atheists that you met, and why you think most of them are confused.

some are just looking for freedom from religious stress and laws, hence the disbeliefs. they do not really have a broad understanding of the concept. some were swayed by the success of atheists intercontinentally, and feel religion undermines their success, hence the disbelief. I take it that you have to be fully aware of a concept to be involved in it. I understand humanism, and I identify as such.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by Mjsod: 9:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
olihilistic:
Op use your head oo.
Huh!!! I don't dig sire.
Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by Mjsod: 10:03pm On Jan 09, 2018
johnydon22:

it's a good thing to identify as a humanist but quick question.

Do you believe in God or not?

I would have ignored this but I'll not this time. Why is my religiousity or irreligiousity worthy of note. It is a personal conviction. Anyways, majority of Nigerians cum Africans commercialize religion. Hypocrisy at its best.
Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by JackBizzle: 10:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
Op, please where did you purchase tramadol from?

A humanist that says atheists are confused? You high?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by Mjsod: 4:18am On Jan 10, 2018
Yes, we high on horse shit together. I did not say all. And I'm speaking from personal experience.
Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by Uyi168: 9:53am On Jan 10, 2018
Mjsod:

I would have ignored this but I'll not this time. Why is my religiousity or irreligiousity worthy of note. It is a personal conviction. Anyways, majority of Nigerians cum Africans commercialize religion. Hypocrisy at its best.
..simple question,just look at the way u are dribbling up and dwn..smh
Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by Mjsod: 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
Uyi168:
..simple question,just look at the way u are dribbling up and dwn..smh
shake it well, and have a nice life shaking it.
Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by sonofluc1fer: 10:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
Mjsod:
Yes, we high on horse shit together. I did not say all. And I'm speaking from personal experience.
who's sharing horse shit?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by Niflheim(m): 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
@op,

Which facts are you trying to unravel?
Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by EVarn(m): 4:43pm On Jan 12, 2018
I think that through the next 30-50 years, Nigeria(and Africa) will witness a very high rise in atheism. Economic growth,improved standard of living,and industrial(technological) advancement will inevitably lead to a marked decline in mainstream religion(theism).

Africa is going through its own "dark ages", but it is only a matter of time.

But to state my opinion, I strongly believe that there is a God.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Atheists??? by EarthXmetahuman: 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2018
JackBizzle:
Op, please where did you purchase tramadol from?

A humanist that says atheists are confused? You high?
the things you read on nairaland ehn grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dangers Of Infidelity In Marriage / Why Do Spiritualist Avoid Certain Foods? / Megathread About Responses From Lucifer Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.