Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze (3700 Views)

Holy Bible Spared As Fire Burn Cars In Onitsha, Anambra State (Photo, Video) / First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Indeed. You just wasting your time. You haven't pointed on single scriptures from the bible were tithe was condemned. You have beingg arguing unnecessary. Your argument has being baseless because no single bible verse that say don't pay tithe. You just assume something were there is nothing

I have also given you these Bible verses to show me where else it was stated we should not do these. If you aren't doing these, what then is your reason?

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
11"You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together.
12"You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself.…

Leviticus 19:19
'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.

IF YOU LOVE GOD SO MUCH, ARE YOU ALSO ADHERING TO THESE LAWS such as making tassels on the four corners of your garments? If no, what could be your reason?

Back to the tithing issue;

1) Tell us how you pay tithes, and if it is in line with the way God demands it.

2) Read up Hebrews 7 v 12 and tell us if tithing is obligatory on Christians if Jesus truly fulfilled all the requirements of the Law

Hebrews 7:12
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
12 For if the Priesthood be changed, then of necessity must there be a change of the Law.

3) Show us in the Bible where God instructed that tithes be paid with money instead of agro-products.

Thank you.
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Stick to Jesus teaching or the word of God in general. Why would stick one at the expense of another?
Did you see where it's mandatory to give first fruit?. You sound as if it is compulsory. Nobody is forcing anyone to give be it first fruit or tithe. It is not compulsory to give just as is not compulsory to be blessed

Very good!

Let us stick to the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles.

Kindly open the Bible and show us where Jesus or the Apostles demanded first fruits (in monetary or agro-product form) from Christians...

Afterall, they are the bedrock of the church...aren't they?

I have warned against using old testament terminologies to induce Christians to give, that is FRAUD and MANIPULATION.
You can refer to how first fruits were paid by the Jews as instructed by God if indeed you want to really do first fruits...

Tell us if you are practising Judaism, Christianity OR Judeo-Christianity (which most Pentecostal churches are doing!)

Stop pouring old wine in a new wine skin
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Indeed. You just wasting your time. You haven't pointed on single scriptures from the bible were tithe was condemned. You have beingg arguing unnecessary. Your argument has being baseless because no single bible verse that say don't pay tithe. You just assume something were there is nothing

Going by your defensive position, I guess you are expecting the Bible to also state expressly where other Mosaic Laws were reversed and abolished by stating for example

1) Do not Tithe
2) Do not sew tassels at the four corners of your garment
3) You are now free to wear a material mixed of wool and linen together
4) You are now free to breed two kinds of your cattle together e.t.c.

Bros, the word of God is for those with an acceptable level of intelligence who have an open mind to understand.

Little wonder animals are not expected to read the Bible and live their lives as such... and of course you don't have the low IQ of an animal before you see this as an insult.

The least I'm asking is for you to show an acceptable level of understanding since it is expected of you being a reasonable human being
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by rejosom(m): 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
asuustrike2009:

1. Have you admitted that Christianity is all about love? ...before we start to distinguish between love of god and love o neighbor, as if they are different.
Yes.
Good. It shows you may be teachable after-all. Please, don't fall my hand as we progress.
Well, the ONLY way to show your love for God is by loving your neighbor (who of course is the image of God).
2.Have you acknowledged that you are doing the same thing you accuse freeze of which is fighting for God.
no because Freeze is a confusionist.
Maybe he is a confusionist, you may have to prove that anyways. But, the thing is this you are fighting him (for God) because according to you he is used by lucifer (If only you knew whom Lucifer is) and at the same time accusing him of fighting for God. Have you acknowledged that you are wrong in that aspect? Remove pride so that we can proceed.
3. Freeze should remove the log in his eyes before finding faults. it would have being better if he had mind his business instead of causing confusion and breeding hatred,
Maybe his business is pointing out the ills in the church. If that is the case, I am sure he is trying hard to mind his business. He may have log in his eyes, but the fault he has found is still there unaddressed. Can't we address both his log and the fault? If a thieve points to you that your house is on fire, will you leave your house to burn down because a thief informed you of the fire?
4. Back to the message, is it right to receive first fruit of gifts given to students, aged, poor and jobless?
yes is it right. it is not compulsory that you give but if you give from the little you have then it shows that you are doing it out of love not compulsion.
So, if you give your son money to return to school in January and he comes back the next day saying he gave it to pastor as first fruit, what will you do?

Finally, I wish that you take your time to read and understand my post before answering. Thanks.
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
OkCornel:

Very good!

Let us stick to the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles.

Kindly open the Bible and show us where Jesus or the Apostles demanded first fruits (in monetary or agro-product form) from Christians...

Afterall, they are the bedrock of the church...aren't they?

I have warned against using old testament terminologies to induce Christians to give, that is FRAUD and MANIPULATION.
You can refer to how first fruits were paid by the Jews as instructed by God if indeed you want to really do first fruits...

Tell us if you are practising Judaism, Christianity OR Judeo-Christianity (which most Pentecostal churches are doing!)

Stop pouring old wine in a new wine skin
You are not making sense at all. No biblical backing against your assertion except perceived belief. You still beating around the bush without making sense.
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2018
OkCornel:

I have also given you these Bible verses to show me where else it was stated we should not do these. If you aren't doing these, what then is your reason?

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
11"You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together.
12"You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself.…

Leviticus 19:19
'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.

IF YOU LOVE GOD SO MUCH, ARE YOU ALSO ADHERING TO THESE LAWS such as making tassels on the four corners of your garments? If no, what could be your reason?

Back to the tithing issue;

1) Tell us how you pay tithes, and if it is in line with the way God demands it.

2) Read up Hebrews 7 v 12 and tell us if tithing is obligatory on Christians if Jesus truly fulfilled all the requirements of the Law

Hebrews 7:12
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
12 For if the Priesthood be changed, then of necessity must there be a change of the Law.

3) Show us in the Bible where God instructed that tithes be paid with money instead of agro-products.

Thank you.
The issue is tithe. Any you have not point a single bible passage that said don't. You are just jumping hear and there. Stick the subject at hand and point exactly the bible passage were it stated don't pay tithe stop using irrelevant scriptures to buttress a point.
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You are not making sense at all. No biblical backing against your assertion except perceived belief. You still beating around the bush without making sense.

And all the scriptures I've been quoting since are from the Koran? Matthew 25 v 31-46; Hebrews 7 v 12; Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29?

Please use the Bible to show us where God instructed tithes to be paid monetarily as opposed to crops and livestock since you're insisting on the validity of tithing in this dispensation.

Also show us where God specifically instructed tithes to be paid in any format outside what was stated in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-23

22 Thou shalt [f]give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.

23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

Thank you.
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
asuustrike2009:

The issue is tithe. Any you have not point a single bible passage that said don't. You are just jumping hear and there. Stick the subject at hand and point exactly the bible passage were it stated don't pay tithe stop using irrelevant scriptures to buttress a point.

Going by your defensive position, I guess you are expecting the Bible to also state expressly where other Mosaic Laws were reversed and abolished by stating for example

1) Do not Tithe
2) Do not sew tassels at the four corners of your garment
3) You are now free to wear a material mixed of wool and linen together
4) You are now free to breed two kinds of your cattle together e.t.c.

Bros, the word of God is for those with an acceptable level of intelligence who have an open mind to understand.

Little wonder animals are not expected to read the Bible and live their lives as such... and of course you don't have the low IQ of an animal before you see this as an insult.

The least I'm asking is for you to show an acceptable level of understanding since it is expected of you being a reasonable human being
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
rejosom:
Good. It shows you may be teachable after-all. Please, don't fall my hand as we progress.
Well, the ONLY way to show your love for God is by loving your neighbor (who of course is the image of God).
Maybe he is a confusionist, you may have to prove that anyways. But, the thing is this you are fighting him (for God) because according to you he is used by lucifer (If only you knew whom Lucifer is) and at the same time accusing him of fighting for God. Have you acknowledged that you are wrong in that aspect? Remove pride so that we can proceed.
Maybe his business is pointing out the ills in the church. If that is the case, I am sure he is trying hard to mind his business. He may have log in his eyes, but the fault he has found is still there unaddressed. Can't we address both his log and the fault? If a thieve points to you that your house is on fire, will you leave your house to burn down because a thief informed you of the fire?
So, if you give your son money to return to school in January and he comes back the next day saying he gave it to pastor as first fruit, what will you do?

Finally, I wish that you take your time to read and understand my post before answering. Thanks.
Like I said freeze should mind his business. Whatever my son does with his money is not my concern.my concern is that he graduate with good grades that's the aim. My brother forget pride, whatever heat freeze and co are receiving, they deserve it. They should learn to mind their business
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by rejosom(m): 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Like I said freeze should mind his business. Whatever my son does with his money is not my concern.my concern is that he graduate with good grades that's the aim. My brother forget pride, whatever heat freeze and co are receiving, they deserve it. They should learn to mind their business

I wanted to ignore you from this point as per the bold statement, but I will be doing you a great disservice. First, you should care what your son does with his money....he may be sponsoring book haram with it. Again, I don't think the good grade your son is aiming is one that should be gotten at all cost. Change that mentality.

Moving forward, about heat....we all know who is really receiving the heat.

About minding his business, well obviously, from your statement church is business and since freeze is not in that line of business. I get it. More like saying if you are not a politician just shut it, and let the rot GI round. Never you complain when they loot and embezzle. That's a way a nation grows. Kudos to the leaders of tomorrow. Kudos to Christians o today!

Thanks for your time bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
asuustrike2009:

This is really interesting;

So Freeze should mind his business even if what the church is doing as per monetary tithing is unscriptural?

I wonder how Christianity would be if Martin Luther minded his business and ignored the Catholic church...

Perhaps you'll be paying money (penance) for the forgiveness of your sins...

Nice mindset there... smiley
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
rejosom:

I wanted to ignore you from this point as per the bold statement, but I will be doing you a great disservice. First, you should care what your son does with his money....he may be sponsoring book haram with it. Again, I don't the good grade your son is aiming is one that should be gotten at all cost. Change that mentality.

About minding his business, well obviously, from your statement church is business and since freeze is not in that line of business. I get it. More like saying if you are not a politician just shut it, and let the rot GI round. Never you complain when they loot and embezzle. That's a way a nation grows. Kudos to the leaders of tomorrow. Kudos to Christians o today!

It would be sad if that guy you've been discussing with ends up criticizing the Pharisees as well.

So much for trying to remove the speck in another person's eye.

Traditions vs TRUTH, that is what the guy is struggling with
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by rejosom(m): 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
OkCornel:

It would be sad if that guy you've been discussing with ends up criticizing the Pharisees as well.

So much for trying to remove the speck in another person's eye.

Traditions vs TRUTH, that is what the guy is struggling with

I gave up when he said "whatever his son does with the money he gives him is not his business"
It's a pity. I don't think I will be quoting him again.
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
rejosom:

I gave up when he said "whatever his son does with the money he gives him is not his business"
It's a pity. I don't think I will be quoting him again.

Very hilarious I must say...these are the same people hoping for better things in this world and the after life without telling themselves the truth...

They don't mind following Traditions like the Pharisees even when the Truth stands naked in their eyes...

I am happy with the way things are, it is becoming clearer whether the church is worshiping mammon or God...

It's disgusting how people have reduced God to a recharge card vendor whose blessings is for sale to the highest tither or seedsower...
very irritating mentality I must say...
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
rejosom:

I wanted to ignore you from this point as per the bold statement, but I will be doing you a great disservice. First, you should care what your son does with his money....he may be sponsoring book haram with it. Again, I don't think the good grade your son is aiming is one that should be gotten at all cost. Change that mentality.

Indeed! Thank you Mr who always mis quote and mis interpret things
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Indeed! Thank you Mr who always mis quote and mis interpret things

What was misquoted and misintepreted?

That you don't care what your son does with his money (school fees) whether it is good or bad?

This is quite strange for a responsible father to say...
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by Penalty82(m): 11:24am On Jan 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

it is a much greater sin against God to prey on the poor and weak in the name of tithes or first fruits than to have a baby mama

And the poor widow was not directed by Jesus to collect back her last money she offered.

Common sense should have told you that no one forces you or drags your pocket to offer in the house of God. What are the so called poor doing in the Church sense you claim that the church is exploiting them you should goan take them out from the church and establish them.
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 11:29am On Jan 11, 2018
Penalty82:

And the poor widow was not directed by Jesus to collect back her last money she offered.

Common sense should have told you that no one forces you or drags your pocket to offer in the house of God. What are the so called poor doing in the Church sense you claim that the church is exploiting them you should goan take them out from the church and establish them.

But why did the Pastor include the poor and dependents like students as part of the first fruit donors?

By the way, when did God instruct first fruits to be paid monetarily?

I'm not against voluntary first fruit giving o...BUT let it be done the way God instructed it to be done...and if that is not feasible, please and please Jesus has given a better model of giving which is in Matthew 25 v 31-46. Let the followers of Jesus stick to that instead of practicing what I would call Judeo-Christianity

Check out what the Pastor said in that Original Post
"If you are suffering check your offering"; "If things are tight, check your tithe"

IS THIS THE MESSAGE JESUS PREACHED? OR IS THIS PREACHER PRACTICING JUDAISM?

Are people paying offerings not also suffering OR are people paying monetary tithes (which is unscriptural anyways) not having rough times too?

Cheers
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by Penalty82(m): 11:29am On Jan 11, 2018
BushWickBill:

Typical Christian.

When they can't counter you with logic or common sense, they resort to insults.

This is why nobody takes you people seriously, because you never practice what your Jesus tells you. You just go to church because you are poor and need a miracle to solve your financial problems. You do not even love your Jesus enough to obey him.

I'm pretty sure that your Jesus is proud of your conduct on these pages. And if this is how you uncouth lot behave, I don't want any parts of it.

I didn't insult you, I only directed you on where to take your insults to. Thank you.

You're now calling Jesus but you never remembered Him when you were insulting me.
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by Penalty82(m): 11:35am On Jan 11, 2018
OkCornel:

But why did the Pastor include the poor and dependents like students as part of the first fruit donors?

By the way, when did God instruct first fruits to be paid monetarily?

I'm not against voluntary first fruit giving o...BUT let it be done the way God instructed it to be done...and if that is not feasible, please and please Jesus has given a better model of giving which is in Matthew 25 v 31-46. Let the followers of Jesus stick to that instead of practicing what I would call Judeo-Christianity

Cheers

Because you lots hate Christians and pastors so Freeze is giving you guys what to talk about. If truly you know what poverty is all about, you will agree with me that Freeze is mad for posting those rubbish. Read the account of biblical POOR Lazarus and tell me how such person will pay first fruit.
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 11:43am On Jan 11, 2018
FOR THOSE WHO BELONG TO THE SCHOOL OF OBLIGATORY MONETARY TITHING & MONETARY FIRST FRUITS IN CHRISTENDOM,
PLEASE PONDER ON ACTS 15;

Acts 15
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

1 Then came down certain from Judea, and taught the brethren, saying, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

2 And when there was great dissension, and disputation by Paul and Barnabas against them, they ordained that Paul and Barnabas, and certain others of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the Apostles and Elders about this question.

3 Thus being brought forth by the Church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles, and they brought great joy unto all the brethren.

4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the Church, and of the Apostles and Elders, and they declared what things God had done by them.

5 But said they, certain of the sect of the Pharisees, which did believe, rose up, saying that it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the Law of Moses.

6 Then the Apostles and Elders came together to look to this matter.

7 And when there had been great disputation, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Ye men and brethren, ye know that a good while ago, among us God chose out me, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the Gospel, and believe.

8 And God which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, in giving unto them the holy Ghost even as he did unto us.

9 And he put no difference between us and them, after that by faith he had purified their hearts.

10 Now therefore, why tempt ye God, to lay a yoke on the disciples’ necks, which neither our fathers, nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe, through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, even as they do.

12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and heard Barnabas and Paul, which told what signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles by them.

13 And when they held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me.

14 Simeon hath declared, how God first did visit the Gentiles, to take of them a people unto his Name.

15 And to this agree the words of the Prophets, as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the Tabernacle of David, which is fallen down, and the ruins thereof will I build again, and I will set it up.

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles upon whom my Name is called, saith the Lord which doeth all these things.

18 From the beginning of the world, God knoweth all his works.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them of the Gentiles that are turned to God,

20 But that we send unto them, that they abstain themselves from filthiness of idols, and fornication, and that is strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, seeing he is read in the Synagogues every Sabbath day.

22 Then it seemed good to the Apostles and Elders with the whole Church to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas: to wit, Judas whose surname was Barsabas, and Silas, which were chief men among the brethren,

23 And wrote letters by them after this manner, THE APOSTLES, and the Elders, and the brethren, Unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch, and in Syria, and in Cilicia, send greeting.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us, have troubled you with words, and [u]cumbered your minds, saying, Ye must be circumcised and keep the Law: to whom we gave no such commandment,

25 It seemed therefore good to us, when we were come together with one accord, to [send] chosen men unto you, with our beloved Barnabas and Paul.

26 Men that have given up their lives for the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, which shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the holy Ghost, and to us, to lay no more burden upon you, than these necessary things.

29 That is, that ye abstain from things offered to idols, and blood, and that that is strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

30 Now when they were departed, they came to Antioch, and after that they had assembled the multitude, they delivered the Epistle,

31 And when they had read it, they rejoiced for the consolation.

32 And Judas and Silas being Prophets, exhorted the brethren with many words, and strengthened them.

33 And after they had tarried there a space, they were let go in peace of the brethren unto the Apostles.

34 Notwithstanding Silas thought good to abide there still.

35 Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching with many others the word of the Lord.

36 But after certain days, Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us return and visit our brethren in every city, where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.

37 And Barnabas counseled to take with them John, called Mark.

38 But Paul thought it not meet to take him unto their company, which departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.

39 Then were they so stirred, that they departed asunder one from the other, so that Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus.

40 And Paul chose Silas and departed, being commended of the brethren unto the grace of God.

41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, establishing the Churches.
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 11:45am On Jan 11, 2018
Penalty82:

Because you lots hate Christians and pastors so Freeze is giving you guys what to talk about. If truly you know what poverty is all about, you will agree with me that Freeze is mad for posting those rubbish. Read the account of biblical POOR Lazarus and tell me how such person will pay first fruit.

And what is the way out of Poverty?

How did you also come to the conclusion that I HATE CHRISTIANS?

Carefully study what the Pastor stated in the flier;

"If you are suffering check your offering", "If things are tight, check your tithe"----> Is this consistent with the messages Jesus preached in His life?

Are tithers having everything smooth in their life? Are those paying offerings exempt from suffering? Kindly give me a honest answer to this
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by Penalty82(m): 11:53am On Jan 11, 2018
aiir2303:

Look at a supposed Christian passing judgement on freeze, dishonoring the parents of someone else.
He says if you have nothing constructive to say shut up like he knew you had none. The next thing is to put his parents into the equation.

Those that have brain in their skulls knows that you don't tell a man who has different opinion from yours to SHUT UP. I am someone's parent so let him tell his parents to shut up. I don't expect you to always agree with me and you shouldn't expect me to always agree with you as well. Atheists feels that their opinions are the best....Nonsense.
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 11:53am On Jan 11, 2018
Penalty82:

Also do well to check the verses I highlighted in Acts 15 where certain confusionists were preaching that it was necessary to keep to be circumcised and keep the laws of Moses (which includes first fruits and tithes).

1) What was the Apostles' response to this?

2) Tell us if the Pastor is going against what the Apostles preached...by even having the temerity to demand first fruits in Christendom!
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by Penalty82(m): 11:55am On Jan 11, 2018
OkCornel:

And what is the way out of Poverty?

How did you also come to the conclusion that I HATE CHRISTIANS?

Carefully study what the Pastor stated in the flier;

"If you are suffering check your offering", "If things are tight, check your tithe"----> Is this consistent with the messages Jesus preached in His life?

Are tithers having everything smooth in their life? Are those paying offerings exempt from suffering? Kindly give me a honest answer to this

Can you explain what Jesus meant by "give and it shall be given unto you..."
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by Penalty82(m): 11:57am On Jan 11, 2018
OkCornel:

Also do well to check the verses I highlighted in Acts 15 where certain confusionists were preaching that it was necessary to keep to be circumcised and keep the laws of Moses (which includes first fruits and tithes).

1) What was the Apostles' response to this?

2) Tell us if the Pastor is going against what the Apostles preached...by even having the temerity to demand first fruits in Christendom!

If the pastor asks you to do all that the apostles did can you do them?
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
Penalty82:

The message is very straightforward...it says give and it shall be given unto you...

My questions to you is this;

1) How did Jesus preach that His followers should give? Matthew 25 v 31-46 states that.

And the beauty of it is that such model of giving is not limited to the stringent requirements of how tithes and first fruits were paid under the Law. The early church was a clear testimony to this. My life is also a testimony to this!

2) Where did God instruct that tithes and first fruits be paid monetarily?

3) Per question 2, If there is no instruction to back this up, why is the church using old covenant terminologies to extort money...rather than fruits or the objects to be tithed as instructed by God in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-23?

22 Thou shalt give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.

23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of
thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

THIS IS WHAT WE CALL FRAUD, MANIPULATION AND MISREPRESENTATION OF FACTS
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
Penalty82:

If the pastor asks you to do all that the apostles did can you do them?

The Apostles were empowered by the Spirit of God and not by their strength.

With the leading of the Holy Spirit, I can do what they did...

By the way, how does this question have any bearing to what I asked you?

What did the Apostles recommend to the gentile church? Does tithes and first fruits apply to Christians? Please give me a direct answer to this
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by OkCornel(m): 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
Penalty82:

Now that I've answered you...

1) please tell me how you know that I HATE CHRISTIANS

2) Check what the Pastor posted in the flier;
"If you are suffering check your offering", "If things are tight, check your tithe"---->
Is this consistent with the messages Jesus preached in His life? Or the Apostles?
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by BushWickBill: 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
Penalty82:

I didn't insult you, I only directed you on where to take your insults to. Thank you.

You're now calling Jesus but you never remembered Him when you were insulting me.

Lol.

I know you can't read, but please spell out my "insults" to you, this childish Christian.

You are a sad imitation of your Jesus (please read very well, this dyslexic sufferer).

L
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by Penalty82(m): 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
OkCornel:

The message is very straightforward...it says give and it shall be given unto you...

My questions to you is this;

1) How did Jesus preach that His followers should give? Matthew 25 v 31-46 states that.

And the beauty of it is that such model of giving is not limited to the stringent requirements of how tithes and first fruits were paid under the Law. The early church was a clear testimony to this. My life is also a testimony to this!

2) Where did God instruct that tithes and first fruits be paid monetarily?

3) Per question 2, If there is no instruction to back this up, why is the church using old covenant terminologies to extort money...rather than fruits or the objects to be tithed as instructed by God in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-23?

22 Thou shalt give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.

23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of
thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

THIS IS WHAT WE CALL FRAUD, MANIPULATION AND MISREPRESENTATION OF FACTS

Since you know much about bible teachings, why can't you tell Freeze the fornicator to goan pay the dowry of that lady and stop calling her his baby mama.

Hypocrites, I won't respond to you again.
Re: First Fruit: Even The Poor And Aged Are Not Spared- Daddy Freeze by Penalty82(m): 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2018
BushWickBill:

Lol.

I know you can't read, but please spell out my "insults" to you, this childish Christian.

You are a sad imitation of your Jesus (please read very well, this dyslexic sufferer).

L

Pained,

you're a sad imitation of your Satan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Church Is This One Again Lol?? Please Help Me / How I Made A Jehovah Witness Sweat Till He Fled / Prophet Muhammad In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.