Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! (10289 Views)

What Are Your New Year's Resolutions? / Eight New Year Resolutions To Grow Your Savings / 20 Successful Under-40 Entrepreneurs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by Opinionated: 1:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
By Teresia Clark

Resolutions are a hot topic near the end of every year. While many people don’t keep their resolutions for very long, they are still potential tools for bettering ourselves. This is especially true if you’re an entrepreneur.

Entrepreneurs usually have a lot on their plate. They have to motivate themselves and achieve success for the sake of many others too. Below is a list of possible resolutions that a sincere entrepreneur might want to make:

Take A Second First Look

If you’re an entrepreneur, you should be moving at this point. Your business is probably not stagnant; it is either facing problems or some level of success. Whatever the situation is, take the New Year as an opportunity to review just why you became an entrepreneur in the first place. Was it money? Independence? Passion?

When this is done, see if your main motivating factor is still in place. Are you achieving what you hoped to achieve? Make the resolution to either work harder with this specific aim in mind; or if this isn’t cutting it, change your aim. If you started out wanting to better lives for orphan children, you may have lost track along the way. Reset yourself and your goals and have another go!

Hone New Skills

It’s never too late to start learning; your local college would usually have the option of outsiders taking some business courses. You could even think about branching out and learning something that would take your business to new heights. For instance, you can pick up some new knowledge on negotiating, networking, or marketing. This would keep you updated on the best ways to manage your market.

What’s more, furthering your education would also make you a better-rounded person in general and a more productive entrepreneur. If you don’t want to be tied down with courses, pick up a few books in the finance, management, and business section. Plow through them in your spare time and gain immense insight on how to achieve entrepreneurial success!

Enhance Your Hiring Process

Making a bad hiring decision can be very expensive for you and your company. This year, make a resolution to pour your best efforts into the filtering and interview process for future employees. Don’t just look at their resumes; check out their references and actually get to know the candidates a little. The educational background is all very well, but don’t get blinded by an Ivy League education. Focus on which person would be the best fit for the workplace and be ready to work and learn at the same time.

Get Healthy

All too often, entrepreneurs put way too much pressure on themselves. They work long hours; neglect their family life and shun their friends. Along with all this, they also neglect to take care of themselves. The result could be a host of illnesses and diseases that may end up costing them much of their hard-earned profits.

In order to get more out of yourself, you first need to take physical care of your body. This includes getting into a proper exercise routine. You may go for a walk every day, or make a habit of visiting the gym. Work out at least a half hour and gradually bring it up.

Once you make it a routine, you would soon see your stamina increasing and your energy pumping. Additionally, eliminate junk and processed foods. Meal prepping is the key way for a business-oriented individual to stay on top of healthy eating.

Wrap-Up…

The above list is by no means exhaustive. The resolutions an entrepreneur should make are also defined by the extent of his business and his progress so far. However, these general resolutions above are good enough to get any entrepreneur a decent start in the New Year.

source: http://www.jarushub.com/4-new-year-resolutions-for-entrepreneurs/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by Alphasoar(m): 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2018
Chisos, can't believe am FTC today . . .

Sign of good things for 2018. Meanwhile lemme goan read OP post grin grin grin

Modified: This should be part of a 'progressive plan' of any success minded individual since am not part of the "New Resolution" club.

But meanwhile:

"After the celebrations of the first week, which just went by, I urge you to use this second week of the year to fine tune your life and know where it is headed for this year, so you don't go through 2018 with regrets. Make plans, map out goals and targets and not really unrealistic resolutions. Make yourself useful so others don't use you to accomplish their dreams while you become the looser.
I am the #AlphasoarsChief, wishing you a pleasant ride into 2018."

3 Likes

Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by aleeyus(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
Relationship: the way in which two or more people or things are connected.

That is all !.
Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by ichommy(m): 3:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
I will see it as Nuggets, not a Fan of New year Resolution. undecided

1 Like

Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by designVATExcel: 3:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
Nice, to complement the OP, If you can, get a good co-working space. If you can't (I know cash is hard mehn) join online | virtual groups. Networking ain't gotta be physical.

It always helps to mix with other entrepreneurs, rub minds, learn, etc..

Maybe Nairalanders should even form a group sef, all entrepreneurs here could meet and stuffs.

3 Likes

Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by emmyw(m): 3:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
Ok
Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by johnnyn1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
designVATExcel:
Nice, to complement the OP, If you can, get a good co-working space. If you can't (I know cash is hard mehn) join online | virtual groups. Networking ain't gotta be physical.

It always helps to mix with other entrepreneurs, rub minds, learn, etc..

Maybe Nairalanders should even form a group sef, all entrepreneurs here could meet and stuffs.

I totally agree with you..
NL Should an Entrepreneurial group to rub heads and ideas.

Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
nice
Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by Wenner: 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
Thanks for the post
Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by seacoast(m): 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
And I am thinking what to do to ndi Nepa

1 Like

Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by anitaihuaku(f): 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
nice one
Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:39pm On Jan 09, 2018
Very Good thread.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by Benjaniblinks(m): 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2018

Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by sucess15: 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2018
Business you do not know about is website... It is all about getting your own personal website and making money with it
Yes you will receive money every day in US dollars for each person that visits the website even when you sleep through your own personal website, I will help you connect the website to foreign affiliate accounts, You can make unlimited money everyday..
Am a Master in any thing that deal with HTML & CSS, PHP, Java script, Xml, python ,Ruby, Tomcat,Xammp and wamp server, coding, Programming, App building including Android App and Apple ios, Social Network website like pinterest, Woo commerce like Amazon, Bulk Sms Website, Music and video Blog like YouTube, and the like.We will sucessfully handle all that kind of work. We will also help you to connect your website with Foreign affiliate accounts, Money will land into your account in Naira dollars and Pounds sterling if anyone visits the website... We also sell Google Adsense Account of All countries At cheap Price We also deal in contracted services, in Nigeria and all over the world.
Call or WhatsApp 090-331-041-34 to get your Work done.
Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2018
okay... cool... smiley
Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by Zdoh(m): 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2018
ZIdohexchange is always available for all you instant exchange to Naira and dollars.

Bring all your Freelancer/Blogging work funds

Such as:

PAYONEER

SKRILL

NETELLER

BITCOIN

PAYPAL

Instant Payment guarantee:

Call/WhatsApp : 08088759163.
Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by Finstar: 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2018
See how this thread have been isolated undecided undecided If it was Tonto now, this thread would have reached 10th page. This shows that Nigerians have a long way to go. We're indeed the architecte of our problems..

If you're an entrepreneur, then you need to visit www.entmirror.com.

2 Likes

Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by honestivo(m): 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2018
DEDICATED CHRISTIAN
Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by Krafty006: 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2018
Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by 400billionman: 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2018
Stop following olosho.

Get married.
Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by SilverG33k(m): 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2018
Finstar:
See how this thread have been isolated undecided undecided If it was Tonto now, this thread would have reached 10th page. This shows that Nigerians have a long way to go. We're indeed the architecte of our problems..

If you're an entrepreneur, then you need to visit www.entmirror.com.

As much as we ain't helping ourselves, the government ain't helping us at all.... If you know how hard it is to start any meaningful business, any business at all, it takes a lot I tell you brother
Maybe that's why I see people going the easy part which is going to school, getting a job and earning salaries.... On the other hand, the hard part, going to school and starting a business, the latter is so freaking hard for a low class citizen I tell you, it takes guts to start a business in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 4 New Year Resolutions For Entrepreneurs! by Finstar: 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
SilverG33k:

As much as we ain't helping ourselves, the government ain't helping us at all.... If you know how hard it is to start any meaningful business, any business at all, it takes a lot I tell you brother
Maybe that's why I see people going the easy part which is going to school, getting a job and earning salaries.... On the other hand, the hard part, going to school and starting a business, the latter is so freaking hard for a low class citizen I tell you, it takes guts to start a business in Nigeria

I agree with you. It takes lots of guts to start a business in Nigeria cause the odds are heavily against you in every sphere.. But then, entrepreneurs aren't the conventional people you meet everyday.. These dudes are different and you get to know this when you come around them.

An entrepreneur doesn't care about the government. In fact, they have killed the entitlement mentality that seems to be embedded in almost every living being. Anyone who think the government owes him a job, a good health care, retirement benefits etc isn't fit to be an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur is a helper to the government and when he do that, the government takes note by giving tax incentives.

Take note, when i talk about an entrepreneur, I'm not refering to a one man business. That's in actual fact called busy-ness, not business.

An entrepreneur, instead of seeing a hurdle sees an opportunity. Entrepreneurship is not for the faint hearted. It's for lions. Those who are ready to forge ahead like a lone wolf.

When I started my first business, the infant stage wasn't funny. But I pulled through. Nothing is easy, but it can be done.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? / 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command / Does H.N.D + PGD Equals Bsc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.