Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo (5718 Views)

Super Falcons Drawn Against Mali & Morocco At The Aisha Buhari Cup / Nigeria Vs Cote D’Ivoire: WAFU Women's Cup Finals (5 - 4) Penalty (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Niger: WAFU Women's Cup (15 - 0) On 11th May 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by robosky02(m): 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2018
‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons drawn with Senegal, Togo

Nigeria’s female national team, the Super Falcons, have been in Group B of this year’s WAFU Women’s Cup.

They will face Senegal, Benin Republic and Togo in the preliminary rounds.

The Super Falcons will have to win the group or come second, in order to book a ticket to the semi-finals of the maiden edition of WAFU.

Hosts Ivory Coast are drawn in Group A alongside Ghana, Niger Republic, and Burkina Faso.

The draw for the eight-team tournament was held in Abidjan.

The WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 will run from February 14 to 24.

Group A

Cote d’Ivoire
Niger
Burkina Faso
Ghana

Group B

Nigeria
Togo
Benin
Senegal

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/09/%e2%80%8ewafu-womens-cup-2018-super-falcons-drawn-senegal-togo/

Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by tmas(m): 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
J..made it again...FTC... grin cheesy grin
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by 3millionia: 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
grin
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by bobaydavid(m): 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
They Should try and do there best.
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by Moyinoluwa35(f): 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
]see as d strong like men, if you bang this one ur prick go strong like hausa rod, d fit ur prick hang ipod agbada for drycleaning shop.
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
We Would Beat 'em All
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by Judolisco(m): 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
Any country for Africa na walk over for our girls

2 Likes

Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2018
Go Go Falcons
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by Moyinoluwa35(f): 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2018
[
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by robosky02(m): 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2018
I hope NFF can give us a credible coach before the games

cos how can the girls perform without a coach?
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by JesseThunder(m): 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2018
Judolisco:
Any country for Africa na walk over for our girls
Any country for Africa na walk over for our she-male grin grin grin grin
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by FILEBE(m): 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2018
when will we have confidence with the men like these girls? Hope the guys bring us the world cup.
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by bizhop01: 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2018
How will those turkey countries stop my babies from glory?

Don't forget my babies get manhood grin
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2018
Well, since it is for local based players alone.... It promises to he very interesting because there will be no Oshoala, no Oparanozie, no Ordgea, no Okobi, no Ikidi, no Onome Ebi, etc..

But we got a stromg home-based contingent in the Super Falcons and I tip them to get the job done. Strongest opposition will be Ghana no doubt. Most of Ghana's players are homebased.

In our group, the Senegalese ladies will provide the keenest and sternest test for us but we will beat them.

1 Like

Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by safarigirl(f): 12:10am On Jan 10, 2018
FILEBE:
when will we have confidence with the men like these girls? Hope the guys bring us the world cup.
which World Cup did the girls bring us?

1 Like

Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by Alphazulu1: 12:31am On Jan 10, 2018
Good day people. Chevron is practicing slavery and evil. They used employment as a subterfuge to enslave Nigerians. One of the company's method of employment is through VTP program. The company has employed VTP1 to VTP4, and none of this set spent over 25months on On the job learning. However VTP 5 / VTP 6 have spent over 50 months (as at January, 2018) and still counting. We work without medical and vacation in mutagenic, carcinogenic, radioactive conditions etc. We call on people of good conscious to propagate our slavery until it reverberates to Chevron corporate office at San Ramon.
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by Drabrah(m): 1:24am On Jan 10, 2018
Alphazulu1:
Good day people. Chevron is practicing slavery and evil. They used employment as a subterfuge to enslave Nigerians. One of the company's method of employment is through VTP program. The company has employed VTP1 to VTP4, and none of this set spent over 25months on On the job learning. However VTP 5 / VTP 6 have spent over 50 months (as at January, 2018) and still counting. We work without medical and vacation in mutagenic, carcinogenic, radioactive conditions etc. We call on people of good conscious to propagate our slavery until it reverberates to Chevron corporate office at San Ramon.

1st tell us, how much is ur pay?
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by Uyeye(m): 3:04am On Jan 10, 2018
Ever reliable Falcon..... We trust you to deliver nothing but the best!
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by PDPGuy: 4:20am On Jan 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Well, since it is for local based players alone.... It promises to he very interesting because there will be no Oshoala, no Oparanozie, no Ordgea, no Okobi, no Ikidi, no Onome Ebi, etc..

But we got a stromg home-based contingent in the Super Falcons and I tip them to get the job done. Strongest opposition will be Ghana no doubt. Most of Ghana's players are homebased.

In our group, the Senegalese ladies will provide the keenest and sternest test for us but we will beat them.

It’s a strictly home-based tourney? I guess it’s mirrored after the men’s WAFU Cup.

Anyway, the team could be made up of the current Falconets and overage pros in the Nigeria women’s league. And I’d expect them to, at least, reach the final.

But I don’t expect an easy ride for the team because other African teams have caught up with the Super Falcons, as evidenced from the 2016 AWCON. Out of the five matches played by the SF, the team was outplayed in 3 of those - against Ghana, South Africa and Cameroon.
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by arsenalman(m): 4:29am On Jan 10, 2018
Alphazulu1:

Are you being forced to work there? There's a word called RESIGN.
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by mechanics(m): 4:55am On Jan 10, 2018
I wish them all the best.
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by phemmyfour: 6:14am On Jan 10, 2018
WAFU is making sense now
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by FILEBE(m): 6:32am On Jan 10, 2018
safarigirl:
which World Cup did the girls bring us?

At least they always perform better than their male counterparts. Even in Africa, the guys are not in first 3.

1 Like

Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:12am On Jan 10, 2018
All the best to the super falcons.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by fajob: 7:23am On Jan 10, 2018
We will win ammm
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by wildchild1: 7:34am On Jan 10, 2018
Leggo ladies

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION... New Year discount is still on
Re: ‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:34am On Jan 10, 2018
Exactly Sir C.... (I am tempted to call you by your last moniker wink )

It is indeed a home based tourney modelled after the men's version no doubt.

It certainly won't be an easy ride for the team shaa because you are right. The likes of Ghana, South Africa and Cameorun have indeed caught up with us. The only difference now between the Super Falcons and the rest of Africa is the quality of our pro-players abroad. Without them, Our Falcons side are equally matched by Ghana, Cameroun and South Africa in the women's game. Even Equatorial Guinea too.

In all, the team will have the luxury of picking players from some of the best sides in Nigeria and Africa in Rivers Angels, Delta Queens, Nassarawa Amazons, Bayelsa Queens and more. Then ofcos the falconets too but the falconets are busy soon a ahead of the Qualifiers for the U-20 WC.

It will be interesting and I tip Senegal to give our home based Falcons a real fight. I remember how our main Super Falcons struggled to overcome them in the qualifiers leading up to the 2016 AWCON.

PDPGuy:

It’s a strictly home-based tourney? I guess it’s mirrored after the men’s WAFU Cup.

Anyway, the team could be made up of the current Falconets and overage pros in the Nigeria women’s league. And I’d expect them to, at least, reach the final.

But I don’t expect an easy ride for the team because other African teams have caught up with the Super Falcons, as evidenced from the 2016 AWCON. Out of the five matches played by the SF, the team was outplayed in 3 of those - against Ghana, South Africa and Cameroon.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aussie Pool Week 52 Nap / Nations Cup: It’s Trophy Or Nothing, Chief Mike Umeh's wish. / (Photos) See The Sexy Female Referee That Might Officiate At Afcon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.