Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

What do you know about studying In Uk?! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What do you know about studying In Uk?! (646 Views)

Poll: If have the money,Will you prefer to stay in Nigeria and do business or go abroad to study?

Yes, I will stay in Nigeria: 66% (2 votes)
Yes, I will go abroad to study: 33% (1 vote)
No I wont do Neither: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Anyone With Information About Studying In Bulgaria? / Information About Studying & Living In Norway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What do you know about studying In Uk?! by flimo(m): 6:29am On Apr 10, 2010
You are an ambitious and career person who will like to take a step further by studying in UK? Congratulation! I wish you all the best and success in your career path. But dont forget to check properly and thoroughly these information before you come
1. If you're an undergraduate students, the fee from £8000
2. cost of living which includes rent, bills, transportation and food on average is £600 per month(or abit less depend on were you're living-wales or scotland)
3. As from 3 March 2010, If you are applying under Tier 4 (General) to study a course that is below degree level and is not a foundation degree, they have reduced the amount of work that you can do during term time to 10 hours per week!
4.Work Work is just anything if you're lucky to get one ranging from,  you know what I mean.
5.If you're studying for post graduate, I guess your fee is is ranging fom 9500 upward.
6. I believe your cost of living is going to be higher than undergraduate as there are more research and finding to be done to achieve your points.

Please dont get me wrong that i'm trying to discourage people to come and  study in UK but all I am trying to say is PLEASE, PLEASE AND PLEASE make sure you are not coming to study here so you can self finance your study by working, Its HARD my brothers and sisters, Its is VERY HARD!
I have been through abit of  it myself despite the fact I have got almost all my family around me and I was able to secure a job just 2weeks after I arrived in UK which was God(I got a job? I became(OYO) on your own, not total though)!
I saw my friends in college and they complained bitterly, some had to end their careers and resulted to alot of disgusting things.
Anyway, I was in some people shoes years ago when I  finished my National service and I was thinking of what next because I couldnt get a job in lagos, my dad gave me a token  to trat my self but I guess I didnt but put the few money into business in Ladipo which makes me feel comfortable at the time cos I was able to get myself a lil run around and i was fine until one day, a call came and the question was'' Do you want me to give you money to continue your business or you want to study abroad'' As anyone in my shoe dreaming of study in '' GREAT BRITAIN' will say YES,  How foolish was that!
its was foolish as i realised that despite all the support and effort coming from family i, It was still pretty difficult , what i'm tryig to say is, take away the support from it, Iwill be properly F****D(Excuse my French) smiley
I really feel for these guys when I visit them sometime while we were in Uni, because the state of them are not pleasant at all. I thank God I did my part to help and some are doing great but what about those that arent? cry
Please look before you leap,

(1) (Reply)

Single/multiple Visa Query Pls - Pretty Pls. / Us Visit Visa / Eastern Mediterranean Universit North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.