Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Dpr, Filling Stations And Fuel Dispensing In Gallons For Generators - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dpr, Filling Stations And Fuel Dispensing In Gallons For Generators (893 Views)

Fuel Is Now Selling For 200 - 230 In Filling Stations And Everyone Is Silent / Relationship Between RPM And Fuel Consumption / Catalytic Converter And Fuel Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dpr, Filling Stations And Fuel Dispensing In Gallons For Generators by hotbullion: 9:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
Fuel scarcity has become synonymous with our dear nation Nigeria.

With it comes the attendant issues of people suffering so much before they get fuel for their cars, bikes and generators.

These problems are usually as a result of people taking poor decisions as to properly import, distribute, subsidize or sell fuel to the populace.

One of the decisions that have come to worsen an already bad situation is that which filling stations readily bandy about that the regulating body; Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) barred them completely from selling fuel to buyers buying in gallons for their generators.

It sometimes becomes common sight at filling stations seeing queues of generators waiting to be filled with PMS (Prime Motor Spirit).

A lot of conflict had arisen between customers and station attendants and managers about this directive they say came from DPR.

A personal experience I had recently was the attendant telling me “oga we no de sell for gallon”. I politely told him “quarrel no de am. Oyaa advise me how I go buy for my generator”. He insisted not to sell and I insisted he advised me. He got tired and sold to me.

I felt bad because the masses are going through a lot and such laws should not come and make things worse for them.

I decided to get across to DPR and an official who spoke with me on the condition of anonymity told me that “Well, the directive has been on for long to prevent hawking and black market and even fire hazard during the days of consistent scarcity”.

But he admitted that it’s really hard on the masses especially those who need to buy little quantities to power their generators especially this period that electricity supply is very erratic.

He promised that their office is working hard to get across officially to the filling stations to make them sell in small gallons to those who need for their generators.

But in the interim, he advised that filling stations should use their discretion to sell to those who are not going to resell or hoard the product. For instance, sell a maximum of 5 or 10 liters per buyer.

Culled from www.naijacarlovers.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Car Accessories shop in dubai / How To Use Overdrive Gear In Automatic Transmission Cars / 2005 Highlander For Sale!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.