Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents (1173 Views)

My 7 Year Old Nephew Fingered A 3 Year Old Girl / 3-Year-Old Girl Falls Inside A Well In Lagos, Dies (Photos) / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by digitslegal: 7:19am On Jan 11, 2018
I got a loan to start my business last year and my mum pleaded with me to borrow her 2.1 million naira and promised to pay in one month at the moment I am presently unemployed and my business has not kicked off because after 7 months my mum and dad decided to be only paying back on monthly installments which I I turned payed back to where I borrowed it from. The loan is a three year loan and the consequences of this is that I will start my own family in debt as I am due for marriage...the most painful part is that my parents are claiming that they have finished paying me back because I live I thier house and they also give me two thousand Naira daily for my upkeep.

The worst implication is that my business cannot even start because of the sacrifice I made for my parents.

Please what do you advise as my parents threaten to arrest me if I ask them for the money again.
Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 11, 2018
Dear digitslegal,

You went against the number family commandment; Never lend your parents money!

Thia particular money is gone and you parents have somehow contributed to your downfall. If you go the way of the law, you might need to provide evidences that indeed, you gave your mother the money. Should you win the case in court, then get ready to be disowned! angry
Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by Oyindidi(f): 7:32am On Jan 11, 2018
Oga o
Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by Donald3d(m): 7:38am On Jan 11, 2018
Blaming you now won't solve any problem, just lick your wounds, and find a way to hussle and get money to push the business .

And please get your own apartment as soon as you can or go stay with a good friend
Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by kunlesufyan(m): 7:58am On Jan 11, 2018
Haba...this is just unfair
Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by Rhemy2013(f): 9:10am On Jan 11, 2018
Wait Op
U mean ur parent or adopted parent embarassed .
Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by Daniel2289(m): 10:06am On Jan 11, 2018
He he he!!! Na dis new year dis one for dey happen. U didn't told us d kind of job ur mom was doing DAT made u borrowed her such amount of money. I think dat was were u got it wrong. Handle that ur business well, since DAT is d only source u can repay d moni.
Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by edoman2016: 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
digitslegal:
I got a loan to start my business last year and my mum pleaded with me to borrow her 2.1 million naira and promised to pay in one month at the moment I am presently unemployed and my business has not kicked off because after 7 months my mum and dad decided to be only paying back on monthly installments which I I turned payed back to where I borrowed it from. The loan is a three year loan and the consequences of this is that I will start my own family in debt as I am due for marriage...the most painful part is that my parents are claiming that they have finished paying me back because I live I thier house and they also give me two thousand Naira daily for my upkeep.

The worst implication is that my business cannot even start because of the sacrifice I made for my parents.

Please what do you advise as my parents threaten to arrest me if I ask them for the money again.
Is it possible to secure a loan from Bank in Nigeria without the bank monitoring its utilization? Are you telling me the bank are not asking you questions on the turnover of your business? How were you able to get a loan without collateral security in Nigeria? I doubt your story.

1 Like

Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by holupisayor(f): 12:37am On Jan 25, 2018
edoman2016:

Is it possible to secure a loan from Bank in Nigeria without the bank monitoring its utilization? Are you telling me the bank are not asking you questions on the turnover of your business? How were you able to get a loan without collateral security in Nigeria? I doubt your story.
honestly
Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by zed7: 6:42am On Jan 25, 2018
You guys are becoming creative in telling stories. Your parents threatened to arrest you? Who gave an unemployed person loan without collateral? Ain't you paying interest on the loan? Useless post.

1 Like

Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by ifyalways(f): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2018
zed7:
You guys are becoming creative in telling stories. Your parents threatened to arrest you? Who gave an unemployed person loan without collateral? Ain't you paying interest on the loan? Useless post.
Loool.

Isn't it amazing people believe him? Like they don't have parents themselves, don't live in Nigeria or have a functioning brain. cheesy

Who gives a jobless youth over 2M loan? Even Lapo ain't that stupid.

4 Likes

Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by thorpido(m): 8:31am On Jan 25, 2018
ifyalways:

Loool.

Isn't it amazing people believe him? Like they don't have parents themselves, don't live in Nigeria or have a functioning brain. cheesy

grin
Seems his update will be to ask for contributions. angry
Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by ifyalways(f): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2018
thorpido:
grin
Seems his update will be to ask for contributions. angry
Hehehe. cheesy
Re: I'm In A 3 Year Financial Debt For My Parents by mrphysics(m): 10:19am On Jan 25, 2018
ifyalways:

Loool.

grin grin grin
Who knows what to believe again in this nairaland. Everything is a story

(1) (Reply)

See What A Grandma Told A Police Who Asked Her What She Does For A Living / Cake Mixer Prices In Nigeria 2019 (plus Pictures) / Men Have Pains Too.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.