Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly (8311 Views)

Nigeria-england Born Bukayo Saka Set To Earn N731.6 Million Every Year In A New / Jose Mourinho Falls At Wembley As England Loses To Spain (Photos) / England Vs Nigeria Friendly: Pre-Match Lunch At Royal Box Wembley Suite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by freshkik(m): 12:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
heard a very long time ago that no African team has beaten England at senior level, n since when i heard none has, Senegal almost did in a pre-world cup friendly ......well i guess a part of it is based on the fact that they hardly play african teams in friendlies and rarely, at the world cup

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by Rockyrascal(m): 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
when I see the name of the poster e be like Bobrisky na make I quick type. So na this people we day carry go Russia?

Dino Melaye day show us his luxury 75 cars; it is time for us to show him the 75 coffins of his brothers.

Tuface say edumare don bless am with 75 coffins.

these two men come from benue. no be today killing start from Benue. But e get wetin dem take no know a great men. Na courage to speak and fight when no one else would. what is the use of your fine voice when you no fit take am cry when your brother die? Even Jesus gave way to tears when Lazarus die. Tuface where you day? Even if the Calabar girl draw you loss, when person die even pikin way loss day cry.

Dino, these na people way you day represent so oh. You day flaunt luxury cars but come carry the luxury coffins way we day see so. You pack money only you day chop am. You get power to fight a whole Remi and Bola Tinubu. sotay you waka come Bourdillon here where my mama day stay come show us your chest and muscle. You no need travel far oh. ordinary Herdsmen na day slaughter your brothers you no fit talk. way your chest? way your muscle when people need them?

Buhari. I know say if army slap deaf person him ear day open. lets agree that you are deaf. You blind join? you no day see the killings way day happen for this country? your evil is close to 6 feet but your mates way day die day die alone oh. dem no day kill others join. if you want to die just rest in peace make this country better abeg. how a whole president go day 75 people are brutally murdered and he has nothing to say. he no visit the people he no beef up security.

Imam dem- una think say we no no wetin muslims dem day plan? una won wipe out everybody way no bend for ina god abi? must everybody be muslim. live una space make we live our own. worship ur god and we no disturb you. why una day send boys to kill non muslims? una go lock up like say una no day see wetin day happen. this una evil na one day e go end. una go soon begin enter una own self. shebi na Saudi arabia day kill unasef for Syria and Yemen so? the way una e be for ghadaffi and sadam an one by one una go day suffer defeat.

pastors dem - we no say na money and power una day find. una no send anybody. but the people eye never open well. una no day serve God. na money una day serve. dem day kill christians una shut up. bone like say e no concern una. oyedepo ashimolowo adeboye. see our vice president self way say e be pastor. them day kill christians una keep quiet day look.

kpele Bros, I feel ur pains....make me and you kukuma revolt now.

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by robosky02(m): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
freshkik:
heard a very long time ago that no African team has beaten England at senior level, n since when i heard none has, Senegal almost did in a pre-world cup friendly ......well i guess a part of it is based on the fact that they hardly play african teams in friendlies and rarely, at the world cup

that's a fiction I think Nigeria has ALL it takes to trash this over hype English team

what do yo think?

safarigirl, TheSuperNerd,
Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by kolawoleibukun: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
Rockyrascal:
kpele Bros, I feel ur pains....make me and you kukuma revolt now.
I wish oh. bros na small small people day take mobilise crowd oh. e day start from one person to nationwide oh. no be so islam take spread. Mohamed just wake up one day begin hala say e see angel. na so oh.

na still one person start Tunisia revolution way cause arab spring so o
Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by Rockyrascal(m): 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
I just imagine How the likes of Victor Moses, Alex iwobi, and dele Ali shall feel when they play the friendly game.

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by Rockyrascal(m): 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
I wish oh. bros na small small people day take mobilise crowd oh. e day start from one person to nationwide oh. no be so islam take spread. Mohamed just wake up one day begin hala say e see angel. na so oh.

na still one person start Tunisia revolution way cause arab spring so o
the matter de our youths hand for this country; na we youths plenty pass, but unfortunately most of the youths dem don blind their sense with religion and tribal difference...The country don almost baje finish.
Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by robosky02(m): 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
when I see the name of the poster e be like Bobrisky na make I quick type. So na this people we day carry go Russia?

take your time.

this is sports city not romance city

Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by omocalabar(m): 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
A week before the match u go hear story...mtcheeew
Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by yinkeys(m): 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Both teams are going to the World Cup and both teams will face a team in the same confederation in the World Cup. There is no exposing here, it's the right thing any World Cup bound team are doing
England doesn't play like Croatia or Poland.
This doesn't cut it for me though.

2 Likes

Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by freshkik(m): 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
robosky02:

that's a fiction I think Nigeria has ALL it takes to trash this over hype English team

what do yo think?

read my previous message and understand, i didn't say Nigeria cannot win, i said as far as record is concerned, i heard no African country has beaten them b4
Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
It is true. England is yet to lose to an African side in about 17 or 18 games now....

Their meeting with us on June 2 will be their 18th or 19th senior meeting with an African side. This clearly shows they are selective of playing African teams.

The bad news for them is this record will come under huge threat on June 2. They face a Nigerian team with the ability to score a relentless amount of goals on their day and play in a way that can produce goals from any part of the pitch. But ofcos Nigeria's defense will have it full too against Harry Kane and his attacking lieutenants like Rashford, Lingard, Sterling and more.

The good news for them? Well they will play at Wembley and that will be enough motivation for them to not wanna lose to us. grin

But who remembers 2009? In Paris in that friendly between France and Nigeria. We had never defeated France there and I think France have never lost at home to African opposition. But Nigeria wothout Martins and Yakubu shattered that record and won 1-0 with Akpala being the goal scorer and Ike Uche being MOTM. KANU and Olofinjana played in midfield that day. And Enyeama produced save after save.

In defence were Sam sodje and Dele Adeleye and also Adefemi Olubayo I think.

France paraded the likes of Ribery, Vieira, Benzema (I think), Evra, mandanda, Anelka, Loic Remy, Philippe Mexes, Alou Diarra, Abidal, and many more big names.

So my verdict.. it could be a draw game. But don't rule out the possibility of a Nigeria win to shatter that Unbeaten run of England against African teams. smiley

robosky02:

what do yo think?

2 Likes

Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by cstr1001: 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2018
What of the super falcons?

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by Burnavick(m): 1:06pm On Jan 11, 2018
Remember England lifted the u-17 world � cup last yr... They have talent so as Nigeria and i honesty think they have a beta squad than us just as Argentina but we will come out on top.
Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by godwon01(m): 2:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
No Africa countries has beaten England before. Cameroon nearly beat them but they were robbed during the Italian world cup in 1990. England will try to maintain their records of not beaten by any african countries. It is likely to be a draw or one zero against nìgeria.

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by Kirgyakos(m): 2:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
I luv diz.
we should b play top teams like diz n not malawi, somalia or tahiti.
Re: Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 11, 2018
godwon01:
No Africa countries has beaten England before. Cameroon nearly beat them but they were robbed during the Italian world cup in 1990. England will try to maintain their records of not beaten by any african countries. It is likely to be a draw or one zero against nìgeria.

Cameroon was not robbed. They lost to a more determined England.

Nigeria had a chance to beat them in the friendly but the likes of Yekini and Okocha could not score.

I think people underrate England. Yes I will say it here. They are a good team. The might not be fantastic to watch but they always held their own against anyone. They have squares against Brazil, Argentina, Germany and each time they were not overwhelm.

Come June 2nd, I hope to see a more organised Super Eagles in Wembley but anyone saying England would be humiliated is a bit disrespectful. I hope Nigeria wins and I hope Nigerian players leave Wembley fit, healthy and without any injuries.

We will be there at Wembley to support the Eagles by God’s Grace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Casemiro, Hazard Test Positive For COVID-19 / Thiago Silva Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2023 / Nike Mercurial Boots That Would Be Worn By Footballers At The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.