Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed (26915 Views)

Full list of newly promoted senior Nigerian Navy officers / Promoted Senior Nigerian Air Force Officers (Full List) / Huawei Staff Punished After Official Tweet Posted ‘via Iphone’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by Inyanga(m): 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
Right about time sad
Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by MKO4ever(m): 2:05pm On Jan 12, 2018
hardbody:
I am proud to be part of this noble profession, no matter what people say.

Noble by birth, noble by inclination, noble by calling....

I feel bad for ogunba.....he was doing very well....but that's part of the tenets. I almost got one SAN derobbed but he came to his senses and apologized.

Nigeria, we will still get there

What I understand is that the guy is too arrogant even to his fellow SANs

2 Likes

Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by SouthEastFacts: 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Yes. Most SANs are Yorubas.

The first lawyer in Nigeria was a Yoruba man.
Out of the first 3 SANs in Nigeria, 2 are Yorubas.
Out of the first 10 SANs, 8 are Yorubas.

In fact, before the first SE lawyer became an SAN, the SW had produced 8 SANs and the SS had produced 2 SANs respectively.

Where do you find most SE lawyers? Under the fruit trees in court and in bus stops arguing politics.
Yorubas and lies.
The first batch of SANs were appointed in March, 1975, 5 years after the Civil war. So any sensible man won't expect a SEner to make the list after coming out from war.

3 years later when the second batch were appointed in Dec, 1978, 4 Igbomen made the list out of 13. That is 31%. They were appointed along side Awolowo. So I don't know where u got the idea that Yorubas produced 8 SANs before Ndi Igbo.

Next year when the 3rd batch were appointed, out of 5 appointed Ndi Igbo got 2. That is 40%.

Since then, Ndi Igbo are always represented in any batch.

Stop deceiving yourself.

www.9jalegal.com.ng/list-of-senior-advocates-of-nigeria-1975-2014/

3 Likes

Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by tobiasbeecher: 2:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Yorubas and lies.
The first batch of SANs were appointed in March, 1975, 5 years after the Civil war. So any sensible man won't expect a SEner to make the list after coming out from war.

3 years later when the second batch were appointed in Dec, 1978, 4 Igbomen made the list out of 13. That is 31%. They were appointed along side Awolowo. So I don't know where u got the idea that Yorubas produced 8 SANs before Ndi Igbo.

Next year when the 3rd batch were appointed, out of 5 appointed Ndi Igbo got 2. That is 40%.

Since then, Ndi Igbo are always represented in any batch.

Stop deceiving yourself.

9jalegal.com.ng/list-of-senior-advocates-of-nigeria-1975-2014/
You get time to quote that idiotic lazy tribalist! His only job in life is to look for any thread about Igbos to spread his bitterness.Though you're right to correct his idiocy.

2 Likes

Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by maestroferddi: 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2018
Okoyeebos:

In fact, before the first SE lawyer became an SAN, the SW had produced 8 SANs and the SS had produced 2 SANs respectively.

Where do you find most SE lawyers? Under the fruit trees in court and in bus stops arguing politics.
Stop talking arant nonsense...

We all know the role politics plays on the conferment of SANship in this country.

It smacks of atavistic/primeval chauvinism for you to rub the aftermath of patent inequity to the faces of rather disinclined victims...

2 Likes

Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by klax(m): 2:50pm On Jan 12, 2018
Bonaventura:
Ndi ofe mmanu na aghugho are like bread and butter

Don't put tribal in this ok these is just professional indiscipline.

Anytime I tried to control my self not to be too upset with people like you people like you always upset me because why insulting their tribe on this matter kindly tell me?

1 Like

Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by SouthEastFacts: 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2018
tobiasbeecher:

You get time to quote that idiotic lazy tribalist! His only job in life is to look for any thread about Igbos to spread his bitterness.Though you're right to correct his idiocy.
If we don't point these out now, they will start flying with that.

2 Likes

Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by wumade: 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2018
He is not only arrogant but a terrible person.

Lawyers are the problem of lawyers.

MKO4ever:

What I understand is that the guy is too arrogant even to his fellow SANs

1 Like

Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by TundeHashim(m): 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2018
TITOBIGZ:
Perfect, E remain kemi pinhero gringrin

come on..pinhero is a fucking cool dude...

1 Like

Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by tiger28: 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2018
2 Yoruba SAN and not a single cry from anyone. Let it be dem dem ppl,we wont sleep for a whole month with "is it because we are igbos " rubbish.
Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by peacebe1815: 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2018
How can a person stayed in an apartment for 9 good years without pay a dime? A lawyer for that matter, a woman, may be mother self. This is bad for her profession and womanhood. it is condemnable and she deserved the punishment.

1 Like

Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by kjhova(m): 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2018
Kunle Ogunba is a scam and a perfect example of everything that is wrong with Nigeria.

He has been a scammer fleasing debtors/shareholders in conjunction with Nigerian banks since the early 2000s.

1 Like

Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by ashjay001(m): 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2018
free2ryhme:

shameful. these lawyers are disgrace to their profession

imagine staying in a rented apartment for 9 years without paying rent! This is wickedness

I feel like partying, just for this fantastic comeuppance! Imagine d agony in d landlord's home, for d past 9yrs?!

I can almost imagine her, sending emissaries n offering to pay arrears with interestgringringrin

Kolewerktongue

More of this. Let pple realise, there's always a pricetag
Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by ashjay001(m): 8:23pm On Jan 12, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Wait, u get am for mind beforegringringrin

Those f*ckterds, are just too predictablesad
Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by billyG(m): 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2018
oooo!i think say na ozekhome & ricki sef.
Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by LegitBoy(m): 5:45am On Jan 14, 2018
hardbody:
I am proud to be part of this noble profession, no matter what people say.

Noble by birth, noble by inclination, noble by calling....

I feel bad for ogunba.....he was doing very well....but that's part of the tenets. I almost got one SAN derobbed but he came to his senses and apologized.

Nigeria, we will still get there
Noble pay too sir? cry
Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by hardbody: 1:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
LegitBoy:
Noble pay too sir? cry

Few of my mates have done better, i am ahead of others. Time and unforseen occurrence befall all of us. In all, i remain modest.
Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by LegitBoy(m): 7:02am On Jan 15, 2018
hardbody:

Few of my mates have done better, i am ahead of others. Time and unforseen occurrence befall all of us. In all, i remain modest.
Take me along in that line too...i want to learn. Currently a student at NLS.
Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by AlphaSoul: 2:22am On Feb 05, 2021
MKO4ever:
The Legal Practitioners Privileges Committee, LPPC, on Thursday announced the withdrawal of the title of Senior Advocate of Nigeria from two lawyers for misconduct.

In a statement signed by its secretary, Hadiza Mustapha, the committee said the first affected lawyer, Oluwatoyin Bashorun, would not be allowed to re-apply for the position till after three years.

According to the statement, the other lawyer, Kunle Ogunban has been relinquished of all privileges attached to the title.

“At the last Emergency Meeting which was held on September, 15 2017; the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee by virtue of Section 5 (1) of the Legal Practitioners Act CAP L11, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria. 2004 as amended, decided to suspend the oonferment of the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria on Oluwatoyin Ajoke Bashorun Esq. pending the investigation of all petitions filed against her.

“This is to further notify the General Public that after a thorough investigation of the petition by the sub-committee set up by the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee (at which the Respondent was given a fair hearing) it was decided that the petition is meritorious. Consequently, the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee at its 129th Plenary Meeting has withdrawn the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria from Kunle Ogunba Esq. and all other privileges attached to the rank forthwith.”

According to the statement, the guidelines for the conferment of the title which Mr. Bashorun was found wanting in complying with include the following:

“The candidate must be of good character and must have no pending disciplinary case or complaint relating to professional misconduct against him. A candidate shall he considered ineligible if in the opinion of the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee the candidate is adjudged to be of the following disposition:

“Bad behaviour, whether in or out of Court; poor temperament or propensity to insult or assault people or cause them harm or put them in a state of fear of bodily harm;

“Evidence of moral depravity or other socially unacceptable behaviour; 19(I) A candidate must:

“Demonstrate high professional and personal integrity; b. Be honest and straightforward in all his professional/personal dealings,c. Be of good character and reputation; d. Be candid with clients and professional colleagues.”

“This is to notify the General Public that after a thorough investigation of the petition, the sub-committee as setup by the Legal Practitioners’ Privdeges Committee (at which the Applicant was given a fair hearing) at its 129m Plenary Meeting upheld the recommendations of the subcommittee to wit:

“That the petitioner’s petition is meritorious, having found that the respondent stayed and continued to stay in a rented property for nine years without paying rent.

“That Oluwatoyin Ajoke Bashorun Esq. being an officer in the temple of Justice and an aspirant to the exalted position of Senior Advocate of Nigeria has conducted herself in a manner which is clearly in contravention of the provisions of paragraphs 18(2) (a) & (c) and 19 (a) (b) (c) & (d) of the,” the statement said.

Regarding Mr. Ogumba, the statement said thus:

“Honeywell Group petitioned Kunle Ogunba SAN alleging professional misconduct against him. The misconduct allegedly consists of the institution of multiplicity of proceedings before different judges of the Federal High Court on the same subject with the deliberate aim of abusing the process of court and derailing the course of justice.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/255281-two-senior-nigerian-lawyers-punished-san-title-removed.html
OMG!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now / Isaac Balami: I Was Soak-away Evacuator, Painter, Mason 18 Years Ago / Ladies, Which Of These Can You Do For A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.