Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:52 PM

Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? (1737 Views)

Latest Rubber Shoes/rubber Footwears In Vogue: Your View About It / Post Pics Of Trendy Maternity Wears In Vogue / What Is Reigning In Nigeria Now? What's In Vogue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by hotangel2(f): 6:34am On Dec 25, 2005
Do you prefer to wear what's in Vogue or to wear something Of your own?

Hey y'all, this question goes to both sexes... But as in all cases, the ladies part of fashion is almost always OBVIOUS!

My question here is that, do y'all prefer to wear what everyone is wearing (that is, what's in vogue).. or to wear something that is no longer in vogue but is still absolutely gorgeous, something that the whole town can see on You and you alone!.

My friend totally has to get every "new" thing that comes out everyday! I mean, she just have to get those glasses, shoe, cloths, belt, ring, bangles, shekere etc that comes out. She says it makes her to Be "in fashion". Hey, do i blame her? She's a fashion freak just like i am. wink

But me, I and myself on the other hand, I totally prefer to wear something that says ME and ME alone! I don't want to go in a room seeing that the girl sitting by the corner and the girl sitting by the side is wearing the same shoe I am wearing. I feel totally Ugghhhh! Like ohhh Jesus.. WTF?? I love to join my own stuffs and wear something that i am at least 98% sure no one is going to wear. Hey, of course i buy new stuffs, but i buy em and mix them in a way that, they don't look just like everyone else is wearing them. I buy stuffs that are "in fashion" but i make sure that i don't wear them unless the trafic is low... as in the rate at which people wear them is LOW.

So ermm, enough of my stories.. What do you like to wear: What everyone is wearing or what You know no one is wearing?

Mery christmas y'all. smiley
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 25, 2005
it doesnt matter to me , if i think its cute n i like the outfit then i wear it.
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by Rolly: 6:43am On Dec 25, 2005
of course, i would wear something of my own cool
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by Rolly: 2:04am On Dec 26, 2005
but if whats in vogue is to my kind of taste, then i would wear it, if not, nothing dey cheesy
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by casper(m): 3:45am On Dec 26, 2005
i wear what i like and not what is in vogue.

as for me i think i have started falling in love with wearing coperate shirts and boot-cut jeans and boots like timz and lugs or anything close.
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by Z4M4eva(f): 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2005
In vogue, something of my own, wateva it is, I wear it,don't matter...as long as it is kwl
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by da808cutie(f): 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2005
some months ago, i couldn't be bothered with what's in vogue, but im starting to change and be more fashoinable. but in saying so, if looking like a hoochie and letting all your secret possessions hang out is in fashoin, i say screw fashion, cos that aint me. like HA said, i hate when i see other people with my outfits, but if they look cute in it, they're permitted. I guess you just have to be able to mix your personal style with what's in vogue for you to look unique. and that's what i do most times.
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by snazzydawn(f): 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2005
Everyday,I never cease to thank God for giving me a beautiful body because I wear both what is in vogue and what I have.Almost everything I wear looks good on me.I love looking good and I like to be ahead of others fashionwise,call it vanity or whatever you want,that's me!!!
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by mide2(f): 5:51pm On Dec 26, 2005
I  love my things different. I buy stuffs in vogue but with a bit of difference or combine them with something else and not the usual stuff with evry one.
Mum always say i'm difficult to go out shopping with, she says i'd better learn to make my own oufits myself(lol) cuz no company/factory will make just a single stuff.......they'd make alot to save cost. (I find it difficult to buy oufits with numerous same on the rack). Although i end up buying them most times because they look good.
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by Advin(m): 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2005
sometimes, clothes that are in vogue are really vauge and awful. So, if I had my way, I'd wear what I have when the "in vogue" is ?? and when it is okay, I'd wear what is in vogue.
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by dejiolowe: 11:50am On Jan 01, 2006
why don't u be the first to start a vogue? it is the confidence u v in wearing what is urs that makes u look sexy... and bam...
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by flavorflav(f): 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2006
I hate to wear anything in vogue, i love to be unique with class.
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by Outkast(f): 2:08am On Jan 31, 2006
That in vogue thing can be very annoying, it becomes a uniform, e.g I'm walking down the street and everyone's wearing those bloody peasant skirts and the chunky wooden bangels,it shows no individuality. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with it, but me I like being different,in a good way.
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by icingbaby(f): 2:15am On Jan 31, 2006
i like wear something that describes me and look good on me i don't wear stuff because is the new thing i wear stuff because it look good and sexy on me.
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by gem87(f): 2:26am On Apr 07, 2006
i set my own trend not follow others
do my combo myself n wear wht mks me ful good and comfy as well as portrays a good image of whateva i;m feelin at d moment.
too much info huh?
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by cutiepie18(f): 9:05pm On May 04, 2006
i don't look at whatz in vogue before i know wat to wear,i wear something that i am very comfortable in looks sexy as hell fits me perfectly and that when i wear it pplz will look and look again~ am not really a fashion freak but i do love shopping. smiley smiley
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by eveseh(f): 7:55pm On May 07, 2006
it doesnt matter
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by iberi(f): 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2006
if what's in vogue suits my taste, why not/ But i like unique styles though. Different taste for different people.
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by iice(f): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2006
I kindda like to stick to what am comfortable and sometimes i go a lil wierd and funky and somehow it ends up being in vogue and when that happens i change styles coz i dont like dressing in what every1's wearing. Most times i dont bloody care what is in vogue coz i like ma own style tongue
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by nilla(f): 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2006
good one iice

i usually wear something of my own
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by lovestinks(f): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2006
if its in vogue and i like it yes,but if its in vogue and i ve 2 wear cos ever body is wearing never, i like being unique in my dressing cos i really hate when i see others wearing same as me.so i tend to mix a bit of in vogue and a bit of me, win win situation
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by EmemJU(f): 12:52am On Sep 22, 2006
I wear what suits me not necessary envogue. I like to stand out and look deliciously different.
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by dominobaby(f): 8:30am On Sep 22, 2006
I'd rather fashion out ma own wear from what's in vogue. Hate wearing same thing as a whole lot of peeps at the same time. Most times i wouldn't even buy a piece of clothing that's in vogue if i see how its being worn.
Re: Wear What's In Vogue or Something Of Your Own? by temmyabby(f): 11:52pm On Jun 12, 2007
i'd rather sumting of my own, and if wats in vogue is kul, why not

(1) (Reply)

Vote For Miss Nigeria For Miss World Pageant! / How Do You Eliminate Fat Tummies? / Skinny Vs Curvy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.