Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Advice/ideas Wanted: Importation Of Car Parts And Accessories - UK To Nigeria - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Advice/ideas Wanted: Importation Of Car Parts And Accessories - UK To Nigeria (605 Views)

Corolla And Camry Car Parts And Their Prices / Get Your Car Upgrade Parts And Car Luxury Accessory Parts At Good Rates. / FG Bans Importation Of 10-Year-Old Haulage Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice/ideas Wanted: Importation Of Car Parts And Accessories - UK To Nigeria by jayman12: 4:55am On Jan 13, 2018
Hello
Will like to hear your experience regarding Importation of Car parts and accessories from UK to Nigeria given the exchange rates and economic conditions.
1. What type and models of cars and accessories?
2. Is the area of business profitable?
3. What sort of margin do you normally expected?
4. What challenges are faced at port in regards custom clearance etc
5. What is the current Nigeria Government regulations and future changes around this area of business?
6. Would you say its a saturated area?
7. Whats the best business model i.e. i. sell off to port once container is opened, into the parts markets etc
Thanks
Re: Advice/ideas Wanted: Importation Of Car Parts And Accessories - UK To Nigeria by carzeem1: 9:03am On Jan 13, 2018
Will address the 2nd point; I doubt you can compete with other imports from america, other european countries and particularly Asia.
Exchange rate of the pounds to naira can wipe away any profit margin keeping in mind there are others importing from countries that encourage export by devaluing thier currency.and others with lower exchange rate to naira (canadian dollars, american dollars) etc.
So, your goods will be competing with cheaper goods from other countries
Unless you buying at close to nothing, I doubt export from UK is feasible unless its for private use.
Re: Advice/ideas Wanted: Importation Of Car Parts And Accessories - UK To Nigeria by jayman12: 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2018
Thanks for your response. I seem to get the same update you have shared when I speak to others. I learn that America is the number 1 country to source automobile parts and China comes second. I also learn that European cars are mostly outdated now in Nigeria and the new European cars available are more costlier than American own due to good insurance policy in USA. Would you agree that this is the case?

If one where to source from USA and China how I get the contacts and what's the whole process involved? Also what sort of starting budget should one be looking at? Thanks
Re: Advice/ideas Wanted: Importation Of Car Parts And Accessories - UK To Nigeria by carzeem1: 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2018
jayman12:
Thanks for your response. I seem to get the same update you have shared when I speak to others. I learn that America is the number 1 country to source automobile parts and China comes second
True

I also learn that European cars are mostly outdated now in Nigeria and the new European cars available are more costlier than American own due to good insurance policy in USA. Would you agree that this is the case?

Depends on some variables

If one where to source from USA and China how I get the contacts and what's the whole process involved? Also what sort of starting budget should one be looking at? Thanks

Most cars that come to nigerian are insurance salvage with good chance of working well if fixed by good mechs and body work shop. You can budget 6-8k american dollars for 2 salvage toyota sedan within 2003 to 2005. The amount will cover purchase, towing, shipping and tax in US. Clearing here depends on your agent but prices dont vary much for small cars above 10 years. Can start by checking auction sites like iaai.com, manheim, , copart, etc. Cheers.
Re: Advice/ideas Wanted: Importation Of Car Parts And Accessories - UK To Nigeria by jayman12: 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2018
Thank bro. I will post more questions as they come
Re: Advice/ideas Wanted: Importation Of Car Parts And Accessories - UK To Nigeria by Onyeaoma1(m): 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2023
50M for each 1 Kobo 1975 you have,

Good day everyone am looking for 1 Kobo 1975 to buy if anyone have it available should, then check if it magnet Tiger Razor blade, secondly take it close to light if it off the electric bulb then you will be paid 50M for each 1 kobo 1975 you have. Contact me for more info.......…

08109943646. I wait your response.

(1) (Reply)

Very Sound Used Nissan Altima 03 Give Away.. 399k / Urgent Need Of A Clean Fairly Used 2004 Corolla LE Within Abuja/kaduna Axis / Going Now Now Very Clean Firstbody RX330 For 2.250m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.