Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

The Yoruba Language Ranked Sexiest In Africa,and 8th Sexiest In The World - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Yoruba Language Ranked Sexiest In Africa,and 8th Sexiest In The World (796 Views)

Burna Boy Makes ‘World’s Sexiest Men’ List / I Am The Sexiest In The Whole Wide World – Teni Declares / Photos Of Kate Upton, The Sexiest Woman In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Yoruba Language Ranked Sexiest In Africa,and 8th Sexiest In The World by lakewise(m): 10:51am On Jan 13, 2018
my name is leke, and I'm wise... why not just call me Lakewise

So I stumbled upon this news while surfing the Internet, on the sexiest languages in the world

My Yoruba language happens to be the only language in Africa that made the list.

Here we go check the list out below, if you got any problems with this list...complain to God grin

Well ladies and gentlemen, our poll to find the world’s sexiest language has finally come to a close. So what is the world’s sexiest language? What are the sexiest languages per region? While some of the languages on this list may not surprise you, some of them certainly will. The winners, according to popularity are:

1. French
2. British English
3. English
4. Arabic
5. Spanish
6. Samoan
7. Italian
8. Yoruba
9. Thai
10. Tahitian

However, when we calculated the sexiest language according to region, the list turns into:

• North America: English – Known for being the mutt of all languages, English has developed into a complex and beautiful creation that borrows the precision of German, the intensity of Latin, and the refiner of French.

• South America: Spanish – The language of a never dying love contains the vocabulary and rhythm that can make any person swoon.

• United Kingdom: British English – The accent of sophistication and of incredible depth, the British English contains sounds that can adjust itself into any position.

• Western Europe: French – Usually considered the suave and most cultured of the Romantic languages, French is as soft as silk and feels as warm as a lover’s stroke.

• Western Europe: Italian – Known for its poetic nature, Italian is the language of passion and fun, making this language addictive.

• Africa: Yoruba – With percussive intensity and syllables that sound like everyone is singing, Yoruba massages your ears into ecstasy.

• Pacific Islands: Tahitian - With its warmth and voluptuous sounds, Tahitian is the sound of gold coming to embrace you.

• Asia: Thai – Soft spoken, fun loving, and happy-go-lucky, the rich textures of Thai make this language incredibly seductive.

Thanks to your help, Day Translations has been able to search for the world’s sexiest languages in the world! While some of us are not surprised that French turned out to be the sexiest language of all, one can’t help but wonder: What makes a language sexy? And what is it about French?

According to Dr. Nigel Armstrong, a lecturer in French and sociolinguistics at the University of Leeds, there is nothing in the accent that makes French sexy or unsexy. In fact, the same could be said for any language that is included on our list. No language is inherently sexy, for accents and languages are merely sounds that follow an organizational structure. The reason why we think French or a particular language is sexy is much more interesting.

As Dr. Armstrong states, the sexiness of an accent or a language is due to our social and cultural backgrounds. Several surveys have been conducted on similar linguistic phenomena. People, depending on where they have grown up and with what they have been taught as normal, are prone to holding opinions that their culture holds. For centuries, the French have had the stereotype of being stylistic, cultured, suave, and most of all, sexy. Yet why the French?

Generally, the persons who are the most favorable of the French tend to live in a Western culture. This come as no surprise when you consider the numerous polls that have studied attractiveness and sexiness tend to be taken in either the United Kingdom, or the United States. Seeing how both nations are fairly similar in contrast to say, Canada and Indonesia, the polls tend to have the same responses. It is not terribly surprising that Italian, British English, and French show up in every poll about sexy languages.

What is interesting though, is the fact that our poll happens to include a more varied population. As you can see, Arabic, Samoan, and even Yoruba have made it in to the top ten. Has the West ever considered the sexiness of Tahitian? Have we ever even paid much attention to the Yoruba language? Maybe it’s about time that we start to dig a little deeper into other cultures and learn about what makes them so sexy. Who knows, maybe Thai is truly the sexiest language. We just need to study the culture a little more.

Source: https://www.daytranslations.com/blog/2014/10/top-ten-sexiest-languages-world-5611

Re: The Yoruba Language Ranked Sexiest In Africa,and 8th Sexiest In The World by madridguy(m): 10:53am On Jan 13, 2018
grin
Re: The Yoruba Language Ranked Sexiest In Africa,and 8th Sexiest In The World by donstan18: 10:54am On Jan 13, 2018
Re: The Yoruba Language Ranked Sexiest In Africa,and 8th Sexiest In The World by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2018
Did I just see a list of sexiest languages?? Did I just see Yoruba on a list of sexiest languages? Am I actually commenting on this thread...?
Re: The Yoruba Language Ranked Sexiest In Africa,and 8th Sexiest In The World by yarimo(m): 11:09am On Jan 13, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: The Yoruba Language Ranked Sexiest In Africa,and 8th Sexiest In The World by TechPanda(m): 11:13am On Jan 13, 2018
so calabar isn't sexy grin
Re: The Yoruba Language Ranked Sexiest In Africa,and 8th Sexiest In The World by Rutley(m): 11:13am On Jan 13, 2018
Common show some LOVE. Love the demons. ProudlyYoruba
Re: The Yoruba Language Ranked Sexiest In Africa,and 8th Sexiest In The World by GloriaNinja(f): 11:13am On Jan 13, 2018
undecided YORUBA LANGUAGE WEY SOUND LIKE PERSON IS HAVING A FIGHT WITH SOMEBODY, HUGE LIE, WHICH ONE BE SEXIEST LANGUAGE? MTCHEWW

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Adorable Photo Of Davido's Daughter, Imade / I Don't Write Songs Again, I Have Passed The Level Of Writing Songs - Oritsefemi / Ebony’s Spirit Is Haunting Me In My Dreams – Woman Narrates (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.