Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,511 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN (11103 Views)

Advice Between NIM And CIPM / What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN / Do I Go For M. Sc Or ICAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by OluwaTobiloba03(f): 7:39am On Jan 15, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
For Marketing go for NIM.

ICAN is for accountant.

NIMN is for management ( you can do this after getting your Marketing certification).

Truly,these two are different corporate bodies with almost similar acronyms.
But, NIM is for Management while
NIMN is for Marketing,not the other way.

Good Morning smiley
Have a fulfilling day.

1 Like

Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by benebaby77: 7:41am On Jan 15, 2018
debolayinka:
But for me that knows nothing in Accounting, can I also try ICAN?

Of course, you can. I know many chartered accountants who studied nonsocial science course.

The only things you need is 'determination'...
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by OBAGADAFFI: 7:43am On Jan 15, 2018
OluwaTobiloba03:

Truly,these two are different corporate bodies with almost similar acronyms.
But, NIM is for Management while
NIMN is for Marketing,not the other way.

Good Morning smiley
Have a fulfilling day.

Thanks for the correction, just it mix-up
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by adakaibeyamma: 7:51am On Jan 15, 2018
Sezua:

Go slap this op they worry me.
Lol. You can imagine the insult
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by OBAGADAFFI: 7:53am On Jan 15, 2018
yeyerolling:
go to job sites how many adverts do u see for markerters. Job no dey my guy. Make d guy wise up for d sector wey hope of job dey

The comments from Nigerian youths baffles me.

You study Marketing go for ICAN.

You study LAW go for ICAN.

You study ENGINEERING go for ICAN.

You study Medicine go for ICAN.

You study pharmacy go for ICAN.

Oga,Marketing is a big industry in Nigeria, go check the price of billboards, advertising and Brand.

ICAN is for those who want to go into accounting .

1 Like

Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by 9tailskid: 7:55am On Jan 15, 2018
kokozain:
If u have the time, money focus the best is Ivan because on its own the certification can secure you a good paying. While others are upgrading your first degree certifices. And they on their own can never get u a good paying job

"Ivan"? Please is it a russian thing..
And who's "they" that can never get you a good paying job..
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by habdulharsix(m): 8:01am On Jan 15, 2018
[quote author=Linqsz post=64208196]I am a marketing graduate and I am currently doing my Msc in Marketing. I will advise you to consider the I.T aspect of marketing, DIGITAL MARKETING to be precise(its quite expensive though). Check it out on Udacity.com

Pls can you let's chat privately on whatsapp plss? +2348154543829
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by debolayinka(m): 8:01am On Jan 15, 2018
benebaby77:

Of course, you can. I know many chartered accountants who studied nonsocial science course.

The only things you need is 'determination'...
Hmm, thanks. I think I'll start loving Accounting. I hated it when I was in school.
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by phemmyfour: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2018
habdulharsix:
Good morning Nairalanders.

Please I need your sincere response as regards the choice of professional course to apply for.
I am a graduate of University of Ilorin with certification in marketing(B.Sc. Marketing) and I want to add a professional certificate to my degree and I am confused on the one to choose.

I will be glad if those with the experience can guide by sharing their opinions on this.
ICAN.....NIM is wasting of money
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by wumade: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2018
I would suggest ACCA instead. You don't know where life would take you tomorrow.
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by Talkingboy: 8:33am On Jan 15, 2018
Oga , Go for ACCA if you have the money ......

Thank me later
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 15, 2018
habdulharsix:

Please I need your sincere response as regards the choice of professional course to apply for.
I am a graduate of University of Ilorin with certification in marketing(B.Sc. Marketing) and I want to add a professional certificate to my degree and I am confused on the one to choose.

I will be glad if those with the experience can guide by sharing their opinions on this.

I suggest you add a Certification in Slavery to it since the Marketing is not enough, make sure you specify 9-5 as the preferred permanent Shift, otherwise you might end up on the night shifts which deprives the soul of sleep time travels and leads to anxiety attacks.

You guys should stop schooling and start reading and thinking.

4 Likes

Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by OBAGADAFFI: 8:58am On Jan 15, 2018
Billyonaire:

I suggest you get a Certification in Slavery to it since the Marketing is not enough, make sure you specify 9-5 as the preferred permanent Shift, otherwise you might end up on the night shifts which deprives the soul of sleep time travels and leads to anxiety attacks.

You guys should stop schooling and start reading and thinking.

Lol,

Our people like certificates too much.

With all the marketing communication coys all over the place, our friend is talking about ICAN.

He probably forgot some Chartered Accountants are currently jobless.

Just imagine studying Marketing
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 15, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Lol,

Our people like certificates too much.

With all the marketing communication coys all over the place, our friend is talking about ICAN.

He probably forgot some Chartered Accountants are currently jobless.

Just imagine studying Marketing

My plan this year is to hire all these types of graduates as cleaners and factory hands, they do not even think. How many years will you even work to afford to own a house in this present world ? That is if they even get the job. Before the know it, years have run faster than Usain Bolt, then they start going into crime as a short cut to meet up with lost time.

What happened to those hands and those brains that the Gods spent so much Computing Intelligence to Design, yet the human who carries it in his/her skull can not even program the brain to expand the mind.

1 Like

Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by ehardetola(m): 9:31am On Jan 15, 2018
mmm
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 15, 2018
habdulharsix:

There is no real option there. ICAN is the only credible institue in that list that adds value to your cv. The others are practically unknown to recruiters.
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by OBAGADAFFI: 9:47am On Jan 15, 2018
Billyonaire:

My plan this year is to hire all these types of graduates as cleaners and factory hands, they do not even think. How many years will you even work to afford to own a house in this present world ? That is if they even get the job. Before the know it, years have run faster than Usain Bolt, then they start going into crime as a short cut to meet up with lost time.

What happened to those hands and those brains that the Gods spent so much Computing Intelligence to Design, yet the human who carries it in his/her skull can not even program the brain to expand the mind.

grin grin grin
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by Dimmame: 10:00am On Jan 15, 2018
kokozain:
If u have the time, money focus the best is Ivan because on its own the certification can secure you a good paying. While others are upgrading your first degree certifices. And they on their own can never get u a good paying job
Pls which one is Ivan?
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by antyokya: 10:09am On Jan 15, 2018
habdulharsix:

I think MMM is better.
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by jydeskill1(m): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2018
Please go and do MSc in Marketing.
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by joinnow: 10:25am On Jan 15, 2018
Go for digital marketing certification
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 11:03am On Jan 15, 2018
Please ooo, help a brother, what about someone that studied business administration and management. Thanks
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by Emepresh(f): 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2018
Are you for real?
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by gboloa(m): 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2018
God bless you รณ. Y not go for your NIM and seek a relevant masters degree abeg. How many ppl on this thread got employed with ICAN certificate?
OBAGADAFFI:

LOL,

The guy studied Marketing and you want him to go for ICAN.

Marketing is very lucrative.
Re: Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN by sweetilicious(f): 5:08pm On Jan 15, 2018
necheremIFY:
i will advise you to go for ICAN because it is an international recognized profession. with ICAN. with ICAN you can be your own boss by running an accounting firm or an audit firm and many others
Exactly

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Career Path You Can Easily Gain Valuable Experience From Home / 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman / A Nigerian Bank Killed Its Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.