Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) (22411 Views)

80% Of Nigerian Companies Lack Sufficient IT Skills – Report / Free Online Course To Boost Your Communication Skill / Please Help: I Have Issues With My New Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by basmur(m): 7:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
One of your major cahallenge i think is the fear of making mistake when you want to speak... Communication skill can be learnt. Always ensure you keep up with conversation with as many people as possible. And careless if not totally about the mistakes you make when speaking...you can also apply the think speak strategy wch usally leads to a little slow speakin. But can be of great help.
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by omo17(m): 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Enrol in a self building and esteem classes...

Pls do we have such in Nigeria, if yes, where?thanks
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Olutokun1: 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2018
lavenjcrown:
Good day my fellow nairalander, my name is Adewunmi, an OND holder, currently doing my internship here in NNPC DEPOT, Lagos. i am fortunate to be working in the Depot manager's office as the assistant secretary but the issue i'm having here is i don't know how to express myself so well when i'm with my DM or staff that comes around to see the DM. i feel i should be eloquent and bold with speaking to my DM but i feel so shy and less courage when speaking with her. please your advice.

I might be able to point you in the right direction. Let me know if you're interested...

2 Likes

Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by writeprof(m): 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2018
Apart from using English texts, get good novels to read. Start with that of Nigerian writers preferably the female writers whose themes you would flow better with.
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by lavenjcrown(m): 8:07pm On Jan 15, 2018
Very interested that's if financial task is not involve. Thanks.
Olutokun1:

I might be able to point you in the right direction. Let me know if you're interested...
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Kay25(m): 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Buy Brighter Grammar Books 1 to 4
Good comment na urs make sense pass
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Olutokun1: 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
lavenjcrown:
Very interested that's if financial task is not involve. Thanks.
Send me a mail: olutokun@gmail.com
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Willybos(m): 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Buy Brighter Grammar Books 1 to 4
izok
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Phlakes(f): 8:37pm On Jan 15, 2018
maticdamian:
First to comment omonope
Pele o
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by deleo16(m): 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2018
get to know your temperament first, which is what u are born with ,no matter what then magnify your strength and work on your weakness from your post is either your temperament is phlegmatic or melancholy

https://www.nairaland.com/6883/why-act-way-tim-lahaye

1 Like

Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by ricki: 11:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
veekid:
Drink orijin plastic bottle, bullet or any ogogoro liquors when going to office and don't forget to watch American movies

i know of a guy that dos dis and everyone likes him............ it took a while for "asiri to tu" as someone took his jacket and alcohol fell out.

A lot of ppl are shy and insecure but drug and alcohol fix dia demon for instance agbero boys and girls are mostly cool headed peeps until ......u know grin
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Occurstaem(m): 11:59pm On Jan 15, 2018
Olutokun1:
Send me a mail: olutokun@gmail.com
Please, let me have a share of it too. Thank you.
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by alexvic12: 12:54am On Jan 16, 2018
go to Facebook, search for King Ifey, like and follow the page. you could also message him on Ifechukwu king ifey Muonyili
I assure you, you'd not be the same. link to his profile https://www.facebook.com/Kingifey1
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by mhizsuzzy(f): 2:50pm On Jan 16, 2018
Coldfeets:
I don't see why you could be having issues with your spoken English whereas your written English is quite good.

I went through your post and I was amazed you were writing "I am" and "I'm" the right way unlike so many "Am..." ignoramuses and educated illiterates we have in abundance here on nairaland.

Congratulations on that.

About your spoken English, I'll advice you take some time to be listening to news regularly. Also, try to be communicating some more in English. Don't be deterred if you notice people are laughing at you for messing up your grammar or your use of tenses. Seek for correction because, believe it or not, people are always willing to help out.

Practice makes perfect.

And finally, are you sure it is not your shyness that is actually preventing from speaking coherently in her presence and not actually your inability to speak good English at all?

Anyway, like I said earlier, practice makes perfect so get to work.

Good luck.
Educated literate please it is "I'll advise you take....not advice...Don't bother thanking me
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Coldfeets: 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2018
mhizsuzzy:

Educated literate please it is "I'll advise you take....not advice...Don't bother thanking me

Thank you for the correction.
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by bmaks: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nelsizzy:
So how do you explain Physics and Chemistry in our local dialects for easy assimilation? undecided

Oga Sir, how do they teach both subjects you mentioned now in Mandarin or Arabic or French or Spanish or Chinese language
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Nelsizzy(m): 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2018
bmaks:

Oga Sir, how do they teach both subjects you mentioned now in Mandarin or Arabic or French or Spanish or Chinese language
You make me laugh, those language are far advanced than ours. And those subjects do not actually start here. There are words we see today that we do not have traditional names for them, how do you work your way around those?
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by bmaks: 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2018
Nelsizzy:
You make me laugh, those language are far advanced than ours. And those subjects do not actually start here. There are words we see today that we do not have traditional names for them, how do you work your way around those?

WOW........... See how you belittled yourself and rubbished your own God given ability.... you broke my heart!!! So you believe because those guys have a different colour of skin and they've lied to us all that they've been here for long before us makes them better than us?

LANGUAGE IS ARBITRARY MY PERSON!!! its only for communication, ENGLISH IN ITSELF IS A COMBINATION OF DIFFERENT LANGUAGES TOO AND ACCEPTED AS SUCH.

MATHEMATICS AND ASTRONOMY STARTED IN EGYPT and the Egyptian of old were actually speaking COPTIC......u don hear am before
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Dreydoe(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2018
Lexusgs430:

It does, if you think deeper......
where can I get ds classes in Lagos or group or chats
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Lexusgs430: 12:05am On Jan 17, 2018
Dreydoe:
where can I get ds classes in Lagos or group or chats

If you are in any social gathering, groups etc etc etc... Always be the one to lead and coordinate, by so doing, you improve your communication skills....
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Dreydoe(m): 7:29am On Jan 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

If you are in any social gathering, groups etc etc etc... Always be the one to lead and coordinate, by so doing, you improve your communication skills....
lead.coordinate. noo oo
Am d silent typ.. I just stay in a corner and watch and when I talk. You will barely hear me and d talk cums out uncoordinated..
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Lexusgs430: 9:03am On Jan 18, 2018
Dreydoe:
lead.coordinate. noo oo
Am d silent typ.. I just stay in a corner and watch and when I talk. You will barely hear me and d talk cums out uncoordinated..

That's why you need to act in the opposite direction. That's the only way to break the mute...........
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Dreydoe(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

That's why you need to act in the opposite direction. That's the only way to break the mute...........
nah thanks...I will rather read and develope myself mentally and spiritually first before moving to Ds stage.thank you
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by Lexusgs430: 12:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
Dreydoe:
nah thanks...I will rather read and develope myself mentally and spiritually first before moving to Ds stage.thank you

If it works for you, good.....

1 Like

Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by vanhelsing1(m): 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2018
lavenjcrown:
boldness to communicate well and how to speak simple english.
friend...its like wat u r succeeding to do is make us talk bat irrelevant issues here...Plsss bring iinnovative n reasonable topics here....and u wil receive great comments here....but if u bring mindless reasoning here,,,den expect nonentity to also coment bat it..
b wise ma.son....life is short
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by lavenjcrown(m): 6:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
U getting it all wrong jOor
vanhelsing1:

friend...its like wat u r succeeding to do is make us talk bat irrelevant issues here...Plsss bring iinnovative n reasonable topics here....and u wil receive great comments here....but if u bring mindless reasoning here,,,den expect nonentity to also coment bat it..
Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by lavenjcrown(m): 9:10am On Jan 19, 2018
Nonentity like you are. since you also have time to comment here, i think you are also a nonentity. i can reason and relate from your words that you don't even think before you act.
vanhelsing1:

Re: Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) by lavenjcrown(m): 8:32pm On Feb 02, 2018
Yea, you are somehow right. Can this be d reason for it? Please, can you tell what to do.
jerflakes:

You go dey very hot tempered

Abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons To Start A Private School Business In Nigeria / Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. / BBC Celebrates Julius Adewale Adedeji As The "Most Dedicated Police Officer"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.