Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Hackers Attack Blackwallet.co, Steal $400,000 From User Wallets - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hackers Attack Blackwallet.co, Steal $400,000 From User Wallets (1290 Views)

Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt / Customer Service Desk: An Easy Access For Hackers To Exploit Your Organization / Earn $400 A Month Doing Nothing (building A SAAS Website) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hackers Attack Blackwallet.co, Steal $400,000 From User Wallets by hustla(m): 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2018
Blackhat hackers have hijacked the servers of web-based application for BlackWallet.co. The attack was perpetrated when the DNS server of the Stellar Lumen Crypto (XLM) was accessed by hackers stealing over $400,000 from various user accounts., who still remain at large.

The attack was carried out on Saturday, the 13th of January when Hackers managed to hijack the DNS entry of the BlackWallet domain and redirected same to their own server for their own use.

According to Security researcher, Kevin Beaumont;

“The DNS hijack of BlackWallet injected code analyzed the code before the BlackWallet team regained access over their domain and took down the site.” If you had over 20 Lumens it pushes them to a different wallet,”

This is not the first time BlackWallet.co has been attacked. They also came under attack in July 2017 but additional details were not provided about the incidence in that instance. EtherDelta, Classic Ether Wallet and the Etherparty ICO website have also suffered the same DNS hijackings in recent times.

The attacker’s wallet which was used in laundering the stolen funds has since been identified at; “GBH4TZYZ4IRCPO44CBOLFUHULU2WGALXTAVESQA6432MBJMABBB4GIYI” address.

An estimated calculation of the 669,920 in stolen Lumens is pegged at about $400,192 using the current XML/USD exchange rate.

The BlackWallet team and other XLM owners had put out Red alert warnings on social media platforms, Twitter, Twitter, GitHub and the Stellar Community , all without success, as users continued to log into the rogue BlackWallet.co domain, enter their credentials, and then see funds transferred away from their accounts by the attackers.

As expected the Hackers started moving the stolen funds from account to account in bids to hide traces of their transactions using a Cryptocurrency exchange service called Bittrex where it will most likely be converted into digital currency.

The race against time is on as BlackWallet admin are trying to get Bittrex to block the account used by the Hackers.

Re: Hackers Attack Blackwallet.co, Steal $400,000 From User Wallets by hustla(m): 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2018
Re: Hackers Attack Blackwallet.co, Steal $400,000 From User Wallets by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2018
cheesygrincheesy
Re: Hackers Attack Blackwallet.co, Steal $400,000 From User Wallets by hustla(m): 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2018
Re: Hackers Attack Blackwallet.co, Steal $400,000 From User Wallets by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 15, 2018
hustla:

wink
Why you de wink me na?
I cover my innocent ass with the blood of Odin.

cheesygrin
Re: Hackers Attack Blackwallet.co, Steal $400,000 From User Wallets by joinnow: 6:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
Guys working underground.
No where bad thing no dey

1 Like

Re: Hackers Attack Blackwallet.co, Steal $400,000 From User Wallets by hustla(m): 7:14pm On Jan 15, 2018
olihilistic:

Why you de wink me na?

I cover my innocent ass with the blood of Odin.

cheesygrin

shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Convert A 15mb PDF File To Microsoft Word? / Core I5 Touchscreen Acer Laptop @80k / HP 14 Notebook Laptop 14inch - Nationwide Delivery ❌❌❌ SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.