Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:50 PM

The Inconvenient Truth About The Republican Party - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Inconvenient Truth About The Republican Party (886 Views)

Donald Trump After Winning The Nomination Of The Republican Party. / Aria DiMezzo: Transgender, Satanist & Anarchist Wins Republican Nomination In US / The Republican Party Abolished Slavery And Secured Civil Rights For Blacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Inconvenient Truth About The Republican Party by dudebuck: 2:53am On Jan 16, 2018

1 Like

Re: The Inconvenient Truth About The Republican Party by dudebuck: 3:00am On Jan 16, 2018
The democrats bought slavery back to Africa after they killed Gaddaffi. After that open their useless mouths and tell me that Trump is a racist.

1 Like

Re: The Inconvenient Truth About The Republican Party by galadima77(m): 7:21am On Jan 17, 2018
dudebuck:
The democrats bought slavery back to Africa after they killed Gaddaffi. After that open their useless mouths and tell me that Trump is a racist.

gbam!!
Re: The Inconvenient Truth About The Republican Party by Righteousness89(m): 11:46am On May 18, 2018
Thrash Talk...
Some Believers will go to Hell for supporting Democratic Party
Re: The Inconvenient Truth About The Republican Party by JUHABACH: 3:12pm On May 18, 2018
dudebuck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OURy5WFp0zk

took the time to watch the video cause I was expecting something to pique my intellectual curiosity.
sadly, all I got for my trouble was a load of context ignoring crap.

Every single state that participated in the civil war secession are currently republican stronghold states.
Arkansas is currently considered one of the "reddest" states in the u.s. because it's next to impossible for Democrats to win there.
Fact is there was a defection of sourthern democrats (i.e. the racists the video pointed out) and guess which party they defected to?
https://medium.com/everyvote/how-the-republicans-and-democrats-switched-on-civil-rights-in-5-racist-steps-92c1b41480b

even LBJ in signing the civil rights act acknowledged that the Democrats had probably just lost the south for a generation.

Fact is most of the modern civil right laws were advanced by democratic administrations (JFK and LBJ come to mind).
Even Martin Luther King Jr acknowledged that

https://kinginstitute.stanford.edu/king-papers/documents/statement-john-f-kennedy-assassination

Fact is the Democrats of then have become the Republicans of now and vice versa.

How many republican legislators are black/asian/Hispanic compared to democrats?

who produced the first black u.s. president?
or the first female presidential nominee?

in fact, I dare anyone to mention any current non-white republican with any actual political influence in the party. I ll wait.

Also on the "victim" issue.

Acknowledging a problem does not equate to victimization or "looking down" on a person.

(1) (Reply)

How China Spied On The African Union’s Computers / Donald Trump's Reply To Iran / “Don’t Test Our Capabilities”, Netanyahu @Gunpoint by Hezbollah Quadcopter Drone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.