Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Was The Holy Qoran Created Like The Holy Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Holy Qoran Created Like The Holy Bible (328 Views)

"Na Dem Dey Rush Us" - Holy Bible / Why You Should Sleep With Your Holy Bible Open / Klintoncod, Maraji, Ebabykobby, Josh2funny Comedians Dress Like The Opposite Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Was The Holy Qoran Created Like The Holy Bible by tallfish145(m): 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2018
Here is an answer I wrote to an almost identical question. I write as a Christian. A Muslim may want to say more about how they believe the Qur'an was written.

When I lived in our village, I sometimes I wrote letters for illiterate old ladies to their children who worked in the city. One lady would tell me phrase by phrase what she wanted me to say and would then ask me to read back to her what I have written so as to be sure I did not changed her words. That is basically the way Muslims believe the Quran was revealed to their Prophet Mohammed.
Another lady would tell me, “Please write to let my son know that his uncle had an accident and is in hospital.” For this second letter, the idea and the content come from the lady, but the words and the style come from me. This is the way Christians believe the Bible to be written. The idea and content come from God, but the actual words and the style come from each one of the 40 or so different authors. Learned ones such as Paul wrote in scholarly style with sophisticated vocabulary, but less learned authors such as the rural farmer, Amos, wrote in simpler language. All of them, however, wrote as they were inspired by God’s Holy Spirit.
Re: Was The Holy Qoran Created Like The Holy Bible by Oricha62(m): 9:29pm On Jan 16, 2018
tallfish145:

Here is an answer I wrote to an almost identical question. I write as a Christian. A Muslim may want to say more about how they believe the Qur'an was written.

When I lived in our village, I sometimes I wrote letters for illiterate old ladies to their children who worked in the city. One lady would tell me phrase by phrase what she wanted me to say and would then ask me to read back to her what I have written so as to be sure I did not changed her words. That is basically the way Muslims believe the Quran was revealed to their Prophet Mohammed.
Another lady would tell me, “Please write to let my son know that his uncle had an accident and is in hospital.” For this second letter, the idea and the content come from the lady, but the words and the style come from me. This is the way Christians believe the Bible to be written. The idea and content come from God, but the actual words and the style come from each one of the 40 or so different authors. Learned ones such as Paul wrote in scholarly style with sophisticated vocabulary, but less learned authors such as the rural farmer, Amos, wrote in simpler language. All of them, however, wrote as they were inspired by God’s Holy Spirit.
Qur'an was revealed not created.it was revealed based on the situation that Muslim are facing for the periods of twenty three years.

Indeed, We have sent down for you (O mankind) a book (the Quran) in which there is Dhikrukum,(your Reminder or an honor for you i.e. honor for the one who follows the teaching of the Quran and acts on its teachings). Will you not then understand?

Quran (Surah Al-Anbiya, Verse 10
Re: Was The Holy Qoran Created Like The Holy Bible by iamgenius(m): 11:49pm On Jan 16, 2018
Could you please ask god of the bible (Paul the Antichrist) why are these verses contradictory?

And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month… Nebuzaradan…came…unto Jerusalem… —2 Kings 25:8

…in the fifth month, in the tenth day of the month… came Nebuzaradan…into Jerusalem…— Jeremiah 52:12

(1) (Reply)

‘pastor’ Okafor Gets Bail For Defrauding Widow Of N3m / Check Out 6 Steps On How To Fix & Save A Broken Marriage / Integrity And Righteousness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.