Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Igbo Aso-ebi Help! Non-nigerian Planning To Surprise Nigerian Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Igbo Aso-ebi Help! Non-nigerian Planning To Surprise Nigerian Husband (842 Views)

White Woman Rocks Igbo Attire With Her Nigerian Husband (Photos) / Caucasian Woman's Traditional Way Of Serving Nigerian Husband Food Causes Stir / Wife Throws Her Nigerian Husband Stuffs Out Of His Own Home (pic/vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Aso-ebi Help! Non-nigerian Planning To Surprise Nigerian Husband by nanii2030: 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hi everybody,

I am a non-Nigerian getting married to an Igbo man in my home country in a few months. The traditional wedding will mostly reflect my background, and not his. He doesn't feel any need to have any Igbo elements to the wedding, but I would love to commemorate his culture, make his family feel welcome.

I would like to change from my own traditional outfit into an Igbo bridal outfit and surprise him during the ceremony. From pictures on nairaland I see the george lace and blouse combination is what's in fashion.

Please, can you help a foreign girl find out how I get my hands on Igbo bridal wear?

Much appreciated!
Re: Igbo Aso-ebi Help! Non-nigerian Planning To Surprise Nigerian Husband by biafraisdead(m): 10:19pm On Jan 17, 2018
nanii2030:
Hi everybody,

I am a non-Nigerian getting married to an Igbo man in my home country in a few months. The traditional wedding will mostly reflect my background, and not his. He doesn't feel any need to have any Igbo elements to the wedding, but I would love to commemorate his culture, make his family feel welcome.

I would like to change from my own traditional outfit into an Igbo bridal outfit and surprise him during the ceremony. From pictures on nairaland I see the george lace and blouse combination is what's in fashion.

Please, can you help a foreign girl find out how I get my hands on Igbo bridal wear?

Much appreciated!
first before I tell u u need to answer the following questions :
1. where are u from (ur country)?
2. which state precisely in Nigeria is ur to-be-husband from?
N.B: any false information would be detected and invalidate ur request.
Re: Igbo Aso-ebi Help! Non-nigerian Planning To Surprise Nigerian Husband by nanii2030: 10:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
biafraisdead:

first before I tell u u need to answer the following questions :
1. where are u from (ur country)?
2. which state precisely in Nigeria is ur to-be-husband from?
N.B: any false information would be detected and invalidate ur request.

False information (:
I'm South African and he's from Abia State
Re: Igbo Aso-ebi Help! Non-nigerian Planning To Surprise Nigerian Husband by delishpot: 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2018
nanii2030:

False information (:
I'm South African and he's from Abia State

Better ask the Nigerian women in SA for help.
Re: Igbo Aso-ebi Help! Non-nigerian Planning To Surprise Nigerian Husband by Nsiehi: 11:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
There are many Nigerian shops in Johannesburg selling George materials, even you can get a Nigerian tailor there to sew it for you. Check Braamfontein area of Joburg, I'm sure you will get this material.there. Alternatively, you can buy online at jumia.com or konga.com. If you have any trusted person who can buy the materials from Nigeria and send them over there to you, this would be nice too.
Re: Igbo Aso-ebi Help! Non-nigerian Planning To Surprise Nigerian Husband by biafraisdead(m): 11:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
nanii2030:

False information (: I'm South African and he's from Abia State
I love u darling.
Re: Igbo Aso-ebi Help! Non-nigerian Planning To Surprise Nigerian Husband by Nsiehi: 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
Check these trads out.

Re: Igbo Aso-ebi Help! Non-nigerian Planning To Surprise Nigerian Husband by nanii2030: 7:00am On Jan 18, 2018
Nsiehi:
There are many Nigerian shops in Johannesburg selling George materials, even you can get a Nigerian tailor there to sew it for you. Check Braamfontein area of Joburg, I'm sure you will get this material.there. Alternatively, you can buy online at jumia.com or konga.com. If you have any trusted person who can buy the materials from Nigeria and send them over there to you, this would be nice too.

Thanks a lot for your help! I'll take your suggestion. God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Most Bizzare Thing Your Guest Has Done In Your Home / Please Can Anybody Recommend A Drug That Will Make Me Confident, Strong And Happ / Christmas Gift Ideas For Your Loved Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.