Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Woman Convicted Of Murder After Facebook Selfie Shows Belt Used - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Convicted Of Murder After Facebook Selfie Shows Belt Used (840 Views)

Alleged Sex In Car On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: It Was A Case Of Murder & Suicide / Man Searched Quran For Forgiveness Of Murder, Before Slashing Ex-wife's Throat / Nigerian Man Convicted Of Killing An 18-year-old Boy In London (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Convicted Of Murder After Facebook Selfie Shows Belt Used by afbstrategies: 12:53am On Jan 19, 2018
A Canadian woman who murdered her best friend in March 2015 ended up giving prosecutors all the proof they needed when she posted a selfie with the victim in which she wore a belt that was found near the dead woman's body.

Cheyenne Rose Antoine, 21, pleaded guilty to killing her best friend, Brittney Gargol, then 18, after getting into a heated argument following a night of drinking. Antoine was sentenced to seven years in prison, the BBC reported.

Police reported a photo of Gargol and Antoine together appeared on Facebook hours after the woman was discovered dead on the side of a road in Saskatoon. Antoine was wearing the same belt that was discovered near Gargol’s body.

Police used Antoine’s Facebook posts as a way to follow the key events that may have led to Gargol’s death, CBC reported.

"It's quite remarkable how the police developed this information," Crown prosecutor Robin Ritter said.

Antoine initially told police she and Gargol went to a few bars before her friend went home with an unknown man. Police used surveillance video to see if the pair visited the bar that was described but found the two were never there.

Police said a tip led them to a witness who told them Antoine admitted to killing Gargol.

In the courtroom, Antoine said she did not remember strangling her friend but admitted she was very drunk after the two spent most of the night drinking and partying.

"I will never forgive myself. Nothing I say or do will ever bring her back. I am very, very sorry. ... It shouldn't have ever happened," she said in a statement.

Antoine’s lawyer claimed her client was abused in the city’s foster care system and she reported being abused by her foster parents a month before the murder.

Jennifer Gargol, the victim’s aunt, told the court she could not stop thinking about what happened the night of the woman’s murder.

"Most days we can't stop thinking about Brittney, what happened that night, what she must have felt fighting for her life," Jennifer Gargol said.

http://www.naijasquare.com/threads/woman-convicted-of-murder-after-facebook-selfie-shows-belt-used.2547/

1 Share

Re: Woman Convicted Of Murder After Facebook Selfie Shows Belt Used by wizod(m): 1:39am On Jan 19, 2018
Why taking anoda person's life?
Re: Woman Convicted Of Murder After Facebook Selfie Shows Belt Used by purem(m): 2:26am On Jan 19, 2018
Oyinbo with yeye life embarassed

I read the whole story but I couldn't comprehend it at all.

Maybe because my way of reasoning is been inherently flawed and there's no way I could reason such a flattering bizarre like this, that it's will be understandable to me lipsrsealed
Re: Woman Convicted Of Murder After Facebook Selfie Shows Belt Used by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 19, 2018
and she is fyne o

(1) (Reply)

Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound / "No Child Anywhere In Nigeria Should Be Made To Go Through This Kind Of Pain" / See How Lagos Mom Shaved Off Her Son's 'cultist Hair Style' With Blade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.