Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,821 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria And Succeed - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria And Succeed (2079 Views)

Fuji Music Is The Best Music In The World / Top 10 Nigerian Songs 2017: Top 30 Most Popular Music In Naija / Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria And Succeed by Mediablare: 9:43pm On Jan 19, 2018
It is not a new thing that every upcoming musician wants to BLOW (make it big) in the Nigerian music industry. A major question they ask at the beginning of their musical journey is how do I promote my music?

Since major record labels like Mavin, Kennis Music, Chocolate city and Storm records that can manage, package and promote your songs will hardly get you signed, you will need to take up responsibility as your own music promoter.

Note : That nothing good comes easy and you will need to sacrifice either in form of time, efforts, a night’s sleep just to get what you want.

Here are few steps to achieve that :

(1) MAKE GOOD SONGS:
Sorry I cannot teach you how to write a song. I believe you are reading this because you have the talent already to compose and record a good song. The type of song you do should be targeted to an audience with a good taste in music. It does not matter the genre hip-hop, rock, dance hall, Rap, R n B, classic, alternative- whatever! You should do music to impress thousands of fans and not just your family and close friends.

(2) ATTEND SHOWS REGULARLY:
Be it a club performance or sponsored show just be noticed. Keep your ears on the ground for upcoming shows and try to make friends with event organizers and tell them to put you on the list of performers and that you don’t mind doing it for free. Talk to the DJ at the club, give him a promo copy of your CD and encourage him to play it on his shows. You get to meet music industry people at musical shows. Build and maintain your contacts with them. You don’t know who has a marketer in Alaba or who has a friend in that radio station.

(3) USE SOCIAL MEDIA:
Open profiles on sites like Facebook, Twitter and MySpace which gives you the platform to interact with your fans. Update your social network profile regularly with interesting pictures and videos of you. Photos from an event you performed or a video of a studio recording session should do. You get not only fans from Nigeria but all over the world with these types of websites. Social networking site gives you an online following which is good for your music career. Do not underestimate the power of the internet in building your music career.

(4) OFFER SOME Of YOUR SONGS FOR FREE DOWNLOADS And OTHER ON SALES ONLINE:
You want your songs to reach a wide audience and people generally love free music downloads. Upload like 2 of your songs to music sites like PARTOHUB.COM and promote your download links to your fans on the social networking sites.

(5) ALABA IS A FACTOR:
There is always a headquarters of any industry. Alaba being the headquarters of the Nigerian music marketers, you should familiarize yourself with the people at Alaba. Try to get your song on the monthly Alaba produced DJ mixes even if you may be asked to pay for this.

Most Nigerian celebrity and superstar musicians went to Alaba for promotion in their upcoming days. That’s the home for Nigerian music and movie marketers. Imagine what a contact at Alaba will do for your musical career.

When you finally succeed in your music career, do not fail to say thank you to the crew at Partohub.com

For music and video promotion, contact us on whatsapp via 08052122598
Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria And Succeed by Rawshal(m): 9:47pm On Jan 19, 2018
Nice write up. Its a pity i no get good voice 4 music. Abi somebody fee borrow me voice make i use am hustle?

1 Like

Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria And Succeed by TEEMIKEMEDIA(m): 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2019
Are you feeling dazed about your music promotion?
naijamedialog.com.ng is an online music (entertainment) portal that helps you get your song viral on the net @an affordable price

Get your song on naijamedialog.com.ng + bonus massive trends on all social media

Call or WhatsApp Naijamedialog on +2347060733664

Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria And Succeed by dayssolalee(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
7 Best Places to Upload and Promote Your Music Free

With Spotify hitting 170 million monthly active users this year, there’s little doubt the future of music is online. Local bands can upload their music online on a multitude of platforms including Spotify and expose their music to millions in just an instant. In some cases, bypassing the need for third parties like a record label completely. You are asking , how can I promote my music free?

Listed below are some of the platforms you can take advantage of and create a pathway for your music to travel far and wide. Check it out

https://smenmusic.com.ng/7-best-places-to-upload-and-promote-your-music-free/

Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria And Succeed by TEEMIKEMEDIA(m): 11:06am On Nov 16, 2019
Are you a musician or a producer at any record label in Nigeria? If you are looking for websites to promote your music or your client music, worry no more as we begin our music promo at your own affordable price with massive hype and get them on Google search.

Also uploads on several websites

WhatsApp: 09017475154 for more info...

Or learn more from the link below

https://www.naijamedialog.com.ng/p/promote-music.html

Call: 07060733664 for more details

Re: How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria And Succeed by Princecovenant(m): 9:29am On Mar 26, 2022
Yes i need heip

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Love - By Sonya Spence. / Video - Sarkodie - 6 Feet Freestyle [download] / Free Download: Skales - Thank God Its Christmas (hot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.