Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,145 members, 7,953,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:13 PM

Abide In Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abide In Christ (503 Views)

Abide In The Vine / "Abide In Me." / How Can I Abide In Christ This Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Abide In Christ by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 20, 2018
[b][[b]b]John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

15:8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.[/b][/b]
[/b]

Obviously we Christians are running a race ( the race of our high calling which is eternal life). Are we to run this race with our own strength and wisdom? Certainly not, if we are to finish the race well, we have to depend on Christ. For without him we can do nothing. I believe in eternal security in Christ, outside Christ there is danger. Romans says that there is no condemnation to them who are in Christ, who are not walking after sinful human nature.
When Christ called us, he called us to live for him and not for ourselves. We were created for him and not the other way round, we can only have peace when we are at peace with him.
Is your life meeting his expectation? Are you disappointing him with the way you live? Grace didn't say you should start living the way that pleases you but grace redirect you to your original purpose, which is to be an instrument for God's glory.

We must abide him him, if we are to have a successful journey here on earth and arrive safely in our destination. Remember we are strangers on earth and our time is ticking, The master is at the door! God expects us to bear fruits that is why we were chosen. He has invested much in us, should we let him down? God forbid but we can do nothing at all except we abide in him.

What does it mean to abide in Christ?

To abide in Christ means to depend on him by keeping his Commandments (teachings) holding forth his love in the midst of oppositions. The world is becoming more difficult by the day, the battle becoming hotter and the journey is becoming dangerous but in all these things we are more than conquerors.

Many philosophies have been thrown out into the world, we are not ignorant of the devices but in all these things we must depend on him.

Satan tries to soil our garment with filts but we must remain in his truth!

Sin increases by the day but we must depend on him to overcome.

It doesn't matter how much you have sank into the mire of the world but just remember that sweet name to call. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord Jesus shall be saved.
Rest on Christ, put your cares on him he for he is willing and able to carry you to the end

2 Likes

Re: Abide In Christ by Nobody: 4:15am On Jan 21, 2018
That's the key word: ABIDE....
Beautifully written
Re: Abide In Christ by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 25, 2018
MsNgo40:
That's the key word: ABIDE....
Beautifully written
thanks God bless.
The person who is in Christ has every assurance of glory because Christ in him/her is the reason.

1 Like

Re: Abide In Christ by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2018
solite3:
[b][[b]b]John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

15:8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.[/b][/b]
[/b]

Obviously we Christians are running a race ( the race of our high calling which is eternal life). Are we to run this race with our own strength and wisdom? Certainly not, if we are to finish the race well, we have to depend on Christ. For without him we can do nothing. I believe in eternal security in Christ, outside Christ there is danger. Romans says that there is no condemnation to them who are in Christ, who are not walking after sinful human nature.
When Christ called us, he called us to live for him and not for ourselves. We were created for him and not the other way round, we can only have peace when we are at peace with him.
Is your life meeting his expectation? Are you disappointing him with the way you live? Grace didn't say you should start living the way that pleases you but grace redirect you to your original purpose, which is to be an instrument for God's glory.

We must abide him him, if we are to have a successful journey here on earth and arrive safely in our destination. Remember we are strangers on earth and our time is ticking, The master is at the door! God expects us to bear fruits that is why we were chosen. He has invested much in us, should we let him down? God forbid but we can do nothing at all except we abide in him.

What does it mean to abide in Christ?

To abide in Christ means to depend on him by keeping his Commandments (teachings) holding forth his love in the midst of oppositions. The world is becoming more difficult by the day, the battle becoming hotter and the journey is becoming dangerous but in all these things we are more than conquerors.

Many philosophies have been thrown out into the world, we are not ignorant of the devices but in all these things we must depend on him.

Sin increases by the day but we must depend on him to overcome.

It doesn't matter how much you have sank into the mire of the world but just remember that sweet name to call. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord Jesus shall be saved.
Rest on Christ, put your cares on him he for he is willing and able to carry you to the end

He that believed in Christ already abides in Christ.
walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the desires of the flesh.

Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit
Re: Abide In Christ by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2020
Are you abiding in Christ?

(1)

Rural Ministers Conference #RMC2018 / Prophet TB Joshua Lands In Harare, Zimbabwe For A Private Visit (Photos) / PHOTOS: Man Donates Nigeria’s Old £1 As Offering During Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.