Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know (17321 Views)

Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues / 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know / 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by jobman101: 7:03am On Jan 20, 2018
We started this year with an important article on 5 things that new drivers should know. Driving in Nigeria is fast becoming a breeze because most of the time a 14 year old boy sees his father driving his family and decides to try it when there is no one there, other times parents Encourage their children or servants to buy you with the car when it is clear that you have not gone to a driving school, and immediately hit the asphalt and they become too ugly.

Driving in areas of Nigeria such as Lagos and Abuja is not so easy considering the population density of these cities. However, in the same way that you can not teach someone to swim in a simple swimming booklet, teaching someone how to drive should be more practical than throwing a pack of keys at a child to drive the family. . Driving for the first time after graduating from driving school? Here are 5 things you should know.

1. Convenient makes perfect

What you learned in your driving school is not really the practical aspect of driving; Maybe he got to know the different types of cars and how to operate them, and he was allowed to drive in certain areas with the large L suspended on this license plate number. basic security rules.

Like everything else in life, knowledge does not stop at a study. The driving school in which you graduated is a certification that has taught you everything you need to know to drive a car, but you will need a lot of practice to be a professional. Take every opportunity to become familiar with driving. Initially, you should be accompanied by an experienced driver while driving.

Later, you can drive your family members. Drive at a speed that you know you can handle. The ease of driving at high speed is learned by experience.

2. Look before you jump

Before you even enter your car, you should examine it inside and out. Make sure it is resistant to the road. Always wear your seatbelt and demand that everyone do it. This means that you should not have more people in the car than the number of belts you have. It's not just the car that should be 100% ready, but yourself. Finish your hair, your makeup and all the phone calls you need to make before pressing the gas. Conduct deserves all your attention, for the safety of all.

. Stay awake and alert while driving

When you start driving, you should be alert and constantly like that. Update every second on traffic conditions, road, weather, other vehicles and pedestrians. This applies to the vehicles and people in front of you and those behind you. Drive on the defensive (avoid instead of being) all the time, be it traffic lights, other vehicles or people. If you drive long distances at night, make sure you have someone with you to keep you awake. Listening to loud, catchy music could help. Do not put yourself in the driver's seat if you are sleepy. If it makes you sleepy in the middle of the trip and there is no one with you, stop, go to a motel and sleep. Make sure to inform the people who are waiting for you. Many people have been involved in serious accidents because they have fallen asleep on wheels.

4. Always be ready for surprises

Never assume that you know the path or the terrain, even if you know it. Every time you drive, it must be a new experience. Always negotiate sharp curves carefully no matter how many times you have crossed there. Be prepared for the sudden movements that other vehicles and people can do. In this sense, you will need to develop the ability to see out of the corner of your eye.

Also, if driving in uncertain areas, keep all doors closed. In this sense, it is useful to have a car with an automatic locking mechanism that can be activated from the driver's seat. All Innoson cars have this feature

5. Observe the traffic rules

Of course, you must know and follow the traffic rules. The most important rules to remember are not to drive when you have drunk hard drinks, never have drunk people or people drugged with you in the car. Know when to move and when to match the brakes. Remember that the people you left at home are eager to see him back unhurt.

http://love4today.com/2018/01/19/5-things-beginner-drivers-know/

11 Likes

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by xreal: 7:07am On Jan 20, 2018
OK.

Which driving school teaches its students with that Inosson SUV?

I might need to enroll.

First FTC recorded this year: Dedicated to all Nigerians and everyone who wishes Nigeria well.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 20, 2018
Then use a music to chill when driving

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 20, 2018
Great Thread for beginners. ......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by RentedReality(m): 7:14am On Jan 20, 2018
Always drive with the assumption the person ahead of you might make a mistake

It's called defensive driving and it has saved lives, including mine

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 20, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
Then use a music to chill when driving

........for a beginner, it depends on the kinda music tho....
not a song like ONE CORNER!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Virgohills(m): 7:15am On Jan 20, 2018
Okay okay
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by youna: 7:15am On Jan 20, 2018
nice tips

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by kobabe(m): 7:16am On Jan 20, 2018
Dont give lift to every tom dick and harry

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 20, 2018
modelmike7:

........for a beginner, it depends on the kinda music tho....
not a song like ONE CORNER!

grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by divinehand2003(m): 7:17am On Jan 20, 2018
Don't think of sex dolls either as you start your car. Believe me, you will end up with nightmares on the highway.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Bigdaddy234: 7:18am On Jan 20, 2018
Be your own Boss register your Business name, Limited company, church,club.......with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria with Accredited processionals.

Serious clients only.08080261582

Whatsapp number: 07034672434

We delivered your certificate at your doorstep!
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by bobaydavid(m): 7:19am On Jan 20, 2018
It is a very useful tip. Safe journey to all Drivers.. Speed less
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by ironheart(m): 7:20am On Jan 20, 2018
Sorry o, i am not understanding, maybe Google translate did a wrong one here
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by DrToche: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2018
notes
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Jhayeahsam01(m): 7:35am On Jan 20, 2018
for booking call aba made version
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by arrestdarrester: 7:38am On Jan 20, 2018
Any speed level that gets you edgy is not for you.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Emmyxto(m): 7:38am On Jan 20, 2018
Another important rule of driving/riding is that you shouldnt always fight for your traffic rights. if the next driver misuse the road, always clear for them.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 20, 2018
What I like most about this post is the use of Innoson motor as the file picture. We believe in us

3 Likes

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by judondasylva(m): 8:04am On Jan 20, 2018
let's help secure a bright future today
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by eazyjakes(m): 8:08am On Jan 20, 2018
Nice exposition.....always heard of people falling asleep on d steering wheel....neva experienced it until abt 3 days ago....i escaped a major accident by the whiskers!
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by aieromon(m): 8:13am On Jan 20, 2018
Golden rule - The only sane person on the road is you. Every other person is mad.

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by OduntanGabriel(m): 8:37am On Jan 20, 2018
A Nairaland Yoruba Comedy skit... Must watch

www.nairaland.com/4300692/nairaland-comedy-skit-yoruba-video
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Olachase(m): 8:37am On Jan 20, 2018
nice write up buh I no like how you end number 4 you won spoil market for other car dealers

anybody that can teach me how to drive I will provide fuel 50lit
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Walexybobo(m): 8:45am On Jan 20, 2018
Usefull for a beginner like me.
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Ellixlimswag(m): 8:52am On Jan 20, 2018
always ask about the car if its not yours... car when I go carry cos the guy no de gree balance.. never knew there was no break. as I de reverse enter road I go hot the fence the other side of the road.. in a a very busy residential area now every morning when I wake up I ask my self what if I kill person
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by CornFooPanda(m): 8:59am On Jan 20, 2018
Don't be to quick to drive in an highway
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by ibro2much(m): 9:15am On Jan 20, 2018
the GOLDEN RULE OF DRIVING.
always observe SAFETY FIRST before THE RIGHT OF WAY

meaning,even if you have the right of way first and you see another oncoming vehicle driving roughly or dangerously toward,better you give way and allow such vehicle go first than claim your right.
REMEMBER you have more to gain than lose if you allow rough or bad drivers way first.

it saves you TIME,ENERGY AND TRAUMA in the event of an accident or collision

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by tk4rd: 9:17am On Jan 20, 2018
Chaaii..
Let me book this el'spacioo
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by spartoo: 10:42am On Jan 20, 2018
number 6: Incase you bash someone's car, never admit you are at fault even if you are.

The driving school where I learnt to drive taught me just about 20% of the basics of driving.
It was with a Volkswagen Beetle � [manual], nothing about different kinds of cars [manual/automatic] was mentioned to me, I was not even taught how to use the trafficator [pointers].

I learnt a lot by myself although not without some scratches here and there, quarrels and brawls with danfo drivers. It's almost 3 years now and I have never used the L sign, and I must say I have become quite good.
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by maze007: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2018
Nice tips

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. / Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) / 5 Car Parts Potholes Can Damage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.