Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

A Website Has Stolen My Content - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Website Has Stolen My Content (715 Views)

Which Website Has The Best VTU Api ? / I Am Having Request From People To Use My Content On Their Own Site / University Of Uyo Website Has Been Hacked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Website Has Stolen My Content by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:56am On Jan 20, 2018
Good morning all. I just discovered a website has two of my contents on their blog. They stole two articles from my blog and posted on their blog. I'm so angry and upset. Please what actions should I take?
Re: A Website Has Stolen My Content by Holla007(m): 9:21am On Jan 20, 2018
No action... just keep working hard and make sure you always index your contents. smiley
Re: A Website Has Stolen My Content by Doerstech(m): 10:01am On Jan 20, 2018
What's your website and theirs ?
Re: A Website Has Stolen My Content by hostkobo(m): 10:02am On Jan 20, 2018
Thewhizzkid1:
Good morning all. I just discovered a website has two of my contents on their blog. They stole two articles from my blog and posted on their blog. I'm so angry and upset. Please what actions should I take?

Write a blogpost on your blog notifying the public that 'that website" stole your blogposts. Mention the particula website URL, info in their about section, the affected blogposts, take screenshots of the thieving site&blogposts, with date, and use the screenshots in your blogpost. Link back to the thieving site from your blogpost.

When your article is published, send a mail to the admin of the thieving site notifying them about your article, use their contact form, paste your blogpost links there

Look for the contact info for the domain owner(whois), send them a mail, with the link of your blogpost about your stolen articles.

Publish your blogpost on NL.

Why all the above: some blog owners could employ writers to publish content on their site. The(blog owner) might not know the articles are copy pasted from somewhere else. When they get to know, they would gladly take the articles down and deal with the copy paste publishers.

regards
HK

1 Like

Re: A Website Has Stolen My Content by naijatechgist: 4:21pm On Jan 20, 2018
Complain to that website ask them to give you backlink or you will sue and report them to Google...
Re: A Website Has Stolen My Content by Dasameolgee(m): 7:18am On Jan 21, 2018
Thewhizzkid1:

Report to the nearest Police Station.

But on the other hand, there is something called PLAGIARISM.
Once your site has been indexed, search spiders crawl your website and recognise your content as original. Any website that copies your content would only be committing the sin called plagiarism and this sabotages SEO in the meanest way.

So long as you have integrated a SITEMAP and submitted same SITEMAP to search engines for better indexing, sit back and stop worrying about bloggers copying your content. They only do so at their own peril.

(1) (Reply)

2-9years Old Facebook Accounts For Sale. 2free Accounts To Test Us. / Tech And/or Soccer Writer Needed / Aliyu Harun Mia Is A Scammer!!? Beware Of Him ......I Was Just Scammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.