Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,847 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG (784 Views)

Diary Of My Grasscutter Colony / 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony / What Does Cattle Colony Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by Adieza(m): 5:19pm On Jan 20, 2018
The Federal Government says work will commence next week on cattle colonies in states that has indicated interest to establish them.
Chief Audu Ogbeh, the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, disclosed this on Friday during a visit to the Agriculture and Veterinary Complex of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Ogbeh said that the National Economic Council on Thursday set up a 10-member committee comprising the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, as Chairman and nine governors to facilitate the commencement of the cattle colonies in interested states.
“We are happy that we are making progress in agriculture now.
“One of the most topical issues we have today is that of farmers and herdsmen clashes.
“If we do not deal with it quickly, we run the risk of damaging the harmony and the co-existence of Nigeria as a country. The killings are getting too many.
“In our attempt to solve the problem, we have proffered certain solutions but perhaps we were not sensitive enough to Nigeria’s fragile sensitivities and suspicions.
“When we spoke of colonies, we were immediately greeted with reactions that this was an attempt to cease Nigeria’s land and give to the Fulanis to colonise.
“The intention is not for Fulanis or anyone to colonise any territory. It is to provide a haven for cattle to graze in peace under controlled environments to prevent the conflicts between farmers and herdsmen.
“Only yesterday, a committee was set up by the Vice President with members, most of them, state governors discussing this matter an
The minister said that the Federal Government would engage the services of the National Animal Production Research Institute (NAPRI) to assist in the production of fodder for cattle.
According to him, open grazing is posing serious challenges and it is not too efficient for the cattle.
Ogbeh described open grazing as a `torture’ to cattle which usually do not enjoy long distance walks.
resolving that states that are interested will begin work on this matter as soon as next week.’’
http://www.agricinfo.com/2018/01/cattle-colonies-implementation-to-begin.html

Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by HungerBAD: 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2018
Source ?
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2018
The first state should raise up their hands
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by Adieza(m): 5:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by Adieza(m): 5:23pm On Jan 20, 2018
cc: lalasticlala and mynd44 cc: seun and maclatunji
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by Homeboiy: 5:24pm On Jan 20, 2018
Hmm that awkward moment your in an exam hall of 60 questions, your still in number20 and others have started submitting their answersheets

Oh Jesus, it happened to me today

As for the topic

I hear
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 20, 2018
Audu Ogbeh should be the most shameless old man for his age in nigeria. At this age, he had achieved so much in his lifetime that he should be able to stand before anyone, including buhari and speak for his people. Instead for peanuts, he is pushing for cattle colonies for the fulanis over his people's ancestral lands. Shame.

....and look at the kind of policy this govt will be quick to implement, but on more serious burning issues, the dullard will take forever.

...and look at the kind of govt yorubas with all their education voted for because one tinubu told them to do so. Sad.
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by spartan117(m): 5:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
Why is the middle belt cursed with foolish leaders like Simon lalong and yahaya Bello?
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by nero2face: 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2018
I'd like to know those states... Won't be surprised if Kano, Kaduna and Kastina aren't among... Yahaya Bello is an idiot
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by matuskyoo7(m): 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
plusfield:
Audu Ogbeh should be the most shameless old man for his age in nigeria. At this age, he had achieved so much in his lifetime that he should be able to stand before anyone, including buhari and speak for his people. Instead for peanuts, he is pushing for cattle colonies for the fulanis over his people's ancestral lands. Shame.

....and look at the kind of policy this govt will be quick to implement, but on more serious burning issues, the dullard will take forever.

...and look at the kind of govt yorubas with all their education voted for because one tinubu told them to do so. Sad.
plse I don't get you.. Don't you believe cattle colony and ranch is the solution to this herds men wahala..they are looking for lasting solutions to this herdsmen and farmer clash..since we have farm land for crop producions then I believe we should have other land for cattle ranch and the likes
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by goestohell: 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
Dullarpo's errand boy ESHU-BANJO is justifying his houseboy status.
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 20, 2018
matuskyoo7:
plse I don't get you.. Don't you believe cattle colony and ranch is the solution to this herds men wahala..they are looking for lasting solutions to this herdsmen and farmer clash..since we have farm land for crop producions then I believe we should have other land for cattle ranch and the likes
Then fed govt should also give lands to pig farmers for piggeries. They should allocate lands too for fish ponds. Those in other businesses should also be allocated lands for their businesses. I want to start a mega palm plantation, will they create a palm plantation colony for us to freely plant our enhanced palm seedlings? If the answers are no, then why is the fed govt pushing to convert some people's farm lands to create cattle colonies for some persons' business

1 Like

Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by olaeffect(m): 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2018
plusfield:

Then fed govt should also give lands to pig farmers for piggeries. They should allocate lands too for fish ponds. Those in other businesses should also be allocated lands for their businesses. I want to start a mega palm plantation, will they create a palm plantation colony for us to freely plant our enhanced palm seedlings? If the answers are no, then why is the fed govt pushing to convert some people's farm lands to create cattle colonies for some persons' business

Well said.

The northan state have gone back to farming heavily, while the stylishly push heardsmen to the middle best and the South.
Please note the PMB is a Fulani but from katsina state, that is to say every fulani man has his state of origin. If PMB can keep his cows in Katsina without problem, why must some states give up their own land by force to heardsmen.
Something is just not right with this arrangement.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by Blackhawk01: 11:52pm On Jan 20, 2018
HungerBAD:
Source ?

angry sad angry
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by HungerBAD: 11:52pm On Jan 20, 2018
Blackhawk01:

angry sad angry

Baby girl kiss
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by Blackhawk01: 11:54pm On Jan 20, 2018
HungerBAD:

Baby girl kiss

cheesy grin cheesy

Appearing and disappearing egbon tongue

How're you?
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by HungerBAD: 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2018
Blackhawk01:

cheesy grin cheesy

Appearing and disappearing egbon tongue

How're you?

I dey ohhh.

You abandon me na. Will be back Tuesday and will resume class with you.

I dey January vacation for one cold place like that. Sup with you?
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by Blackhawk01: 12:10am On Jan 21, 2018
HungerBAD:

I dey ohhh.

You abandon me na. Will be back Tuesday and will resume class with you.

I dey January vacation for one cold place like that. Sup with you?

Hehehehe... See this man ooo, who abandoned who na? You that went off and I was looking for you. embarassed

Oya oya, do quick and come back. I wanted to talk to you concerning one ish I was having at work but decided against that, thinking you were on an official duty. A shey it's vacation you're doing for a cold place, hope you're sha getting enough warmth... grin cheesy tongue
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by HungerBAD: 12:16am On Jan 21, 2018
Blackhawk01:

Hehehehe... See this man ooo, who abandoned who na? You that went off and I was looking for you. embarassed

Oya oya, do quick and come back. I wanted to talk to you concerning one ish I was having at work but decided against that, thinking you were on an official duty. A shey it's vacation you're doing for a cold place, hope you're sha getting enough warmth... grin cheesy tongue

My Bible is keeping me very warm tongue.
Re: Cattle Colony Implementation To Start Next Week -FG by Blackhawk01: 12:21am On Jan 21, 2018
HungerBAD:

My Bible is keeping me very warm tongue.

Pastor Hungerbad! cheesy grin

I believe you. cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Contacts Of Foreign Buyers Of Agro Products From Nigeria / Garri For Sale / Feasibility Study Presented To The Federal Republic Of Nigeria | Farm Energy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.