Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,025 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Talents Of Our Different Tribes - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Talents Of Our Different Tribes (5023 Views)

A Thread For Those Of Us That have Parents from Different Tribes / Name Challange For Different Tribes In Nigeria / List Of Different Tribes In Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by SeamT: 12:14am On Jan 28, 2018
fero007:

Now let me relecture you, going for omugwo(though we don't call it dat), carrying wine and celebrating kolanut is also done in Urhobo and Ijaw lands as well as ukwuanis, will you now tell me that ijaw n urhobo are nw Igbos cause we wear the same jorge n single wrappers or ve same words like biko, okoro, obara, ugo e.t.c will you?, urhobo and ijaws also don't ve an overall king so those are not points

Hope you nw see how ikas n ikwerres n ukwuanis are nt igbos, if u like go and look 4 more lies, mumu

I'm from urhobo and my people I.e from my village also call it omugwo..
I can't say for other clans
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by IkpuMmadu: 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2018
babacletus:

I don't want to get into all these identity assigning arguments but get your facts write

Don wani not wanna isn't Ikwerre
And also consider this

The Ogbakor Ikwerre Cultural Organization has ostracized Barr.Uche Okwukwu from the Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality. Ogbakor sees Barr.Okwukwu's acceptance of the position of Secretary-general of Ohaneze Ndigbo
https://princezilla./2017/06/27/%E2%80%8Bikwerre-people-have-spokenwelcome-to-riversinfoprince-zilla-blog/

Now you can continue your argument in light of this info

Then ogbako is a political association and ohaneze

Can you read this
The secretary revealed that the former governor of Rivers state won the award after a stiff poll organised by the OYC. He added that the award would be officially conferred on Amaechi on Saturday, January 30, at Nike Lake Hotel in Enugu.

Okwu also stated that Senator Ike Ekweremadu, the deputy Senate president, has been named the outstanding Igbo politician of the year.

When asked to explain why Amaechi won the award, the secretary said that the ex-governor’s actions before and during the presidential election helped in deepening Nigeria’s democracy.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.naija.ng/amp/697097-rotimi-amaechi-wins-award-emerges-ohanaeze-igbo-man-year.html

Remember Amaechi is an Ikwerre man and he accepted the Igbo award...can't you see ?
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by IkpuMmadu: 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2018
SeamT:

Oga stop claiming.... minority tribes are bound to borrow from bigger tribes

Omugwo is an Igbo word

Meaning two words Omu ....to born and Gwo to go treat

What do urhobo call to born
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by IkpuMmadu: 12:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
babacletus:

I don't want to get into all these identity assigning arguments but get your facts write

Don wani not wanna isn't Ikwerre
And also consider this

The Ogbakor Ikwerre Cultural Organization has ostracized Barr.Uche Okwukwu from the Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality. Ogbakor sees Barr.Okwukwu's acceptance of the position of Secretary-general of Ohaneze Ndigbo
https://princezilla./2017/06/27/%E2%80%8Bikwerre-people-have-spokenwelcome-to-riversinfoprince-zilla-blog/

Now you can continue your argument in light of this info

Can the ogbako Ikwerre suspend amaechi....clowns

Speaking before a crowd of supporters at the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign in Aba, Abia state, Amaechi said: I am a bona fide Igbo man.

“My name is Amaechi, but President Jonathan who says his name is Azikiwe cannot speak the Igbo language.”

“He says his name Ebele; let him speak Igbo and let us see.”

https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by IkpuMmadu: 12:30pm On Jan 28, 2018
SeamT:

They looked around, and the only person whom the assignment fitted was Wike. Incidentally, in his Ikwerre dialect of Igbo it means “strong lad”. Nyesom is simply “Onyesom” (who is with me?) A name that answers that question is: “Chisom” (God is with me). True to their expectation, Wike proved his grassroots popularity and snatched victory back from the APC.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/wike-goofed-sultans-palace/amp/

Oga stop blind argument go and do research...my uncle is an Ikwerre man his name is Uchendu and he married an imo woman and he calls himself Igbo

Make the ogbako come change his mind naaa
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by IkpuMmadu: 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2018
Hybridz:

To make this argument simpler,the classification has to be broader to YORUBOID,IGBOID as highlighted by the bolded.

This is so coz the languages spoken are mild or high modification of the parent language and the truth can only be inferred from their names.

PS:The complexity of Nigerian languages and the heterogeneity of other minor tribes/ethnic groups can run anyone mad.�

Thats what I said that Ikwerre is igboid
Iteskiri is yoruboid
Urhobo I'd edoid

Why the argument

The op should go back and research

SeamT:

They looked around, and the only person whom the assignment fitted was Wike. Incidentally, in his Ikwerre dialect of Igbo it means “strong lad”. Nyesom is simply “Onyesom” (who is with me?) A name that answers that question is: “Chisom” (God is with me). True to their expectation, Wike proved his grassroots popularity and snatched victory back from the APC.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/wike-goofed-sultans-palace/amp/

Oga stop blind argument go and do research...my uncle is an Ikwerre man his name is Uchendu and he married an imo woman and he calls himself Igbo

Make the ogbako come change his mind naaa
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by babacletus: 1:26pm On Jan 28, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Can the ogbako Ikwerre suspend amaechi....clowns

Speaking before a crowd of supporters at the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign in Aba, Abia state, Amaechi said: I am a bona fide Igbo man.

“My name is Amaechi, but President Jonathan who says his name is Azikiwe cannot speak the Igbo language.”

“He says his name Ebele; let him speak Igbo and let us see.”

https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language
Like I said I'm not interested in tribal flight because Both of us aren't Ikwerre, i'm not also going to argue how another man(Amechi) identifies himself, but that site you quoted is as credible as Igberetv when it comes to fake news
you're are obviously an Igbo, if you respect Ohaneze as the highest Igbo body, you should also respect Ogbakor Ikwerre as the highest Ikwerre body
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by babacletus: 1:32pm On Jan 28, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Then ogbako is a political association and ohaneze

Can you read this
The secretary revealed that the former governor of Rivers state won the award after a stiff poll organised by the OYC. He added that the award would be officially conferred on Amaechi on Saturday, January 30, at Nike Lake Hotel in Enugu.

Okwu also stated that Senator Ike Ekweremadu, the deputy Senate president, has been named the outstanding Igbo politician of the year.

When asked to explain why Amaechi won the award, the secretary said that the ex-governor’s actions before and during the presidential election helped in deepening Nigeria’s democracy.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.naija.ng/amp/697097-rotimi-amaechi-wins-award-emerges-ohanaeze-igbo-man-year.html

Remember Amaechi is an Ikwerre man and he accepted the Igbo award...can't you see ?

Bros you started by saying Ogbakor Ikwerre is a political organization
And then you also labeled ohaneze as a political organization
Ameachi himself is a politician and a smart one at that, so why wont a politician collect award from a political organization? That is if he even accepted it because nothing from that link you posted nothing says that he did and naij.com like igberetv is a pro igbo gossip site at best, it shouldn't be put forward as an authority
Why are you making it too easy for me to poke holes through your argument undecided
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by IkpuMmadu: 2:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
babacletus:

Ameachi himself is a politician and a smart one at that, so why wont a politician collect award from a political organization? That is if he even accepted it because nothing from that link you posted nothing says that he did and naij.com like igberetv is a pro igbo gossip site at best, it shouldn't be put forward as an authority
Why are you making it too easy for me to poke holes through your argument undecided

The Ikwerre (also spelt Ikwere) are one of the many native ethnic groups in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. They are subgroup of the Igbo people,[1][2][3] although a small minority for political expediency now dispute this account, claiming their history was rewritten during the colonial period because of the dominance of the larger Igbo group. The Ikwerre are said to be related or share common ancestry with the Ogba and Ekpeye people (Akalaka brothers).[citation needed] They trace their origins to the Owerri, Ohaji, Etche, and Ngwa areas of Igboland. They constitute the majority of Rivers State, although there are other populations in neighboring states. The Ikwerre speak the Ikwerre language, a dialect part of the many diverse Igbo dialects,[4] and are predominantly settled in the Ikwerre, Obio-Akpor, Port Harcourt and Emohua local government areas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikwerre_people
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by IkpuMmadu: 2:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
babacletus:

“We the youths of Ikwerre extraction, Elele, Ubima, Isiokpo, Ogbakiri, Omademe, Obiri Ikwerre, Rumuigbo, Rumuola, Rumukurushi, Rumuokoro, etc wish to make known our position as regards to Biafra movement. The Ikwerre is a sub group of Igbo in the Niger Delta headquartered in Isiokpo Ancient Kingdom, we are some time classified as a separate ethnic group in Rivers State, if you call us Igbo you are not wrong and if you call us Ikwerre you are equally not wrong.

https://junglejournalist./2016/05/20/we-are-igbos-but-denied-igbo-because-of-biafra-says-ikwerre-youths/
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by IkpuMmadu: 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2018
babacletus:

Like I said I'm not interested in tribal flight because Both of us aren't Ikwerre, i'm not also going to argue how another man(Amechi) identifies himself, but that site you quoted is as credible as Igberetv when it comes to fake news
you're are obviously an Igbo, if you respect Ohaneze as the highest Igbo body, you should also respect Ogbakor Ikwerre as the highest Ikwerre body

I have Ikwerre cousins and they see themselves as Igbo though some misguided ones don't due to inferiority complex and inability to compete with Igbo
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by babacletus: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

I have Ikwerre cousins and they see themselves as Igbo though some misguided ones don't due to inferiority complex and inability to compete with Igbo
Bros we are having a discussion as adults and we can only convince ourselves with verifiable facts, not mere claims of having cousin, girlfriends or umcle and aunty, or Pastor and Native dr
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by babacletus: 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

“We the youths of Ikwerre extraction, Elele, Ubima, Isiokpo, Ogbakiri, Omademe, Obiri Ikwerre, Rumuigbo, Rumuola, Rumukurushi, Rumuokoro, etc wish to make known our position as regards to Biafra movement. The Ikwerre is a sub group of Igbo in the Niger Delta headquartered in Isiokpo Ancient Kingdom, we are some time classified as a separate ethnic group in Rivers State, if you call us Igbo you are not wrong and if you call us Ikwerre you are equally not wrong.

https://junglejournalist./2016/05/20/we-are-igbos-but-denied-igbo-because-of-biafra-says-ikwerre-youths/
Bros abeg stop giving me links from all these fake websites I'm not a simpleton
Jungle journalists, Igberetv, naij, and fake news are 5& 6
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by babacletus: 3:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

The Ikwerre (also spelt Ikwere) are one of the many native ethnic groups in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. They are subgroup of the Igbo people,[1][2][3] although a small minority for political expediency now dispute this account, claiming their history was rewritten during the colonial period because of the dominance of the larger Igbo group. The Ikwerre are said to be related or share common ancestry with the Ogba and Ekpeye people (Akalaka brothers).[citation needed] They trace their origins to the Owerri, Ohaji, Etche, and Ngwa areas of Igboland. They constitute the majority of Rivers State, although there are other populations in neighboring states. The Ikwerre speak the Ikwerre language, a dialect part of the many diverse Igbo dialects,[4] and are predominantly settled in the Ikwerre, Obio-Akpor, Port Harcourt and Emohua local government areas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikwerre_people
Wikipedia really? undecided, that I can edit in 2 seconds and ikwerre will become Chinese, are you a member of ipob let me know whether this argument is even worth it
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by IkpuMmadu: 3:21pm On Jan 28, 2018
babacletus:

Wikipedia really? undecided, that I can edit in 2 seconds and ikwerre will become Chinese, are you a member of ipob let me know whether this argument is even worth it

The Ikwerre is a sub group of Igbo in the Niger Delta headquartered in Isiokpo Ancient Kingdom, we are some time classified as a separate ethnic group in Rivers State, if you call us Igbo you are not wrong and if you call us Ikwerre you are equally not wrong
http://www.may30.org/we-are-igbos-but-forced-to-deny-our-igbo-root-during-and-after-the-war-ikwerre-youth/

Ikwerre man wrote this not me ...oya give another excuse
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by IkpuMmadu: 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2018
babacletus:

So naij is a fake website
So gaurdian newspaper is fake

Ok ..it's alright....so you know that some Ikwerre are from aro...oh I forgot you don't know what's aro
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by babacletus: 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

So naij is a fake website
So gaurdian newspaper is fake

Ok ..it's alright....so you know that some Ikwerre are from aro...oh I forgot you don't know what's aro
Naij is a gossip site at best we both know this
Did you provide a link from guardian news?
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by babacletus: 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

The Ikwerre is a sub group of Igbo in the Niger Delta headquartered in Isiokpo Ancient Kingdom, we are some time classified as a separate ethnic group in Rivers State, if you call us Igbo you are not wrong and if you call us Ikwerre you are equally not wrong
http://www.may30.org/we-are-igbos-but-forced-to-deny-our-igbo-root-during-and-after-the-war-ikwerre-youth/

Ikwerre man wrote this not me ...oya give another excuse

This one na from guardian news too athink

WE ARE IGBOS, BUT FORCED TO DENY OUR IGBO ROOT DURING AND AFTER THE WAR.- IKWERRE YOUTH
23rd May 2016
May30
Africa, Biafra, Nigeria, World
3 comments

Ipob and fake news, 5 & 6, un named "ikwerre" youth says he/she/she-male is Igbo, fake news at its finest. Abeg there is no point continuing this discussion, you are obviously an Ipob member. Cheers
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by IkpuMmadu: 4:55pm On Jan 28, 2018
babacletus:

This one na from guardian news too athink

WE ARE IGBOS, BUT FORCED TO DENY OUR IGBO ROOT DURING AND AFTER THE WAR.- IKWERRE YOUTH
23rd May 2016
May30
Africa, Biafra, Nigeria, World
3 comments

Ipob and fake news, 5 & 6, un named "ikwerre" youth says he/she/she-male is Igbo, fake news at its finest. Abeg there is no point continuing this discussion, you are obviously an Ipob member. Cheers

So what are you implying ....Bros your thread is poorly researched

Go back and research or stoping posting fake news sir

Good bye
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by fero007: 10:31am On Jan 29, 2018
what better research do I need than to live among the people? I know Delta from issele-uku to burutu, Rivers from elele to bonny, I've meant lots of ikwerre n ukwuani people who correct me over n over dat theynt Igbo, wen they speak with Igbos they don't really flow n only pick out some few words if they listen well, same vice versa. Saying they are Igbos is like saying itsekiris are Yoruba or ibibios are efiks, even urhobo n isoko that are very the same still(and isoko have agreed they came from urhobo) are distinguished as different tribes, if isoko can be different from urhobo why can't ikwerre n ukwuani be different from igbo or Ikpumadu do you claim you know better than hundreds of ikwerres who tell me their nt igbo
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by fero007: 10:40am On Jan 29, 2018
fero007:
Abeg na joke o
you see as a nation, we ve so much in common

Hausa- Fulani
Good_ Very hardworking, contented, brave, spirit of brotherliness, peaceful n friendly, religious, can help u catch any snake in ur house, don't cheat, michai n suya
Bad_ Sturborn, revengers, don't value human life, fight, 9 yr olds marry themselves, flog suitors

Yoruba
Good_ intelligent, respectful, sweet stew, religious unity, cheap bride price, like party n ve good food in party, generous (except ijebu), gbedu
Bad_ can fear, mostly talk more n do less, don't ve soups, like winch, some dirty, they hardly leave yorubaland

Igbo
Good_ Can do business, hardworking, strong, fine girls, fine people, plenty soups, are sharp, they explore, fine dressing, nollywood
Bad_ Over money likeness, like to cheat, can fight for property, huge bride price, nollywood

Edos(binis, esans, afemai)
Good_ Sharp n tough people, funny, fine dressing, strong, sweet songs, fine girls, like flexing, good sports people, know how to form good english, the most intelligent
Bad_ European citizens, plenty winches, bosses of school cultism, bad girls, drinkers, some are hostile, like fight in spiritual n physical, over like money, can cheat you

Urhobos n Isokos
Good_ Funny, strong n tough, very sharp, fine dressing, sweet songs n dance, good food, ve diferent style of doing tins, good sportpeople, fine people, girls have big y*nsh, achieve what dey set mind to(likely business)
Bad_ aggressive, smooth cheats n criminals, to fight, bad girls, overlike money, marry two wives, ve plenty children, second to Edo in winch department(mammy water), bosses of street cultism, ve 'na our oil' disease, num 1 drinkers

Ukwani n Ika
Good_ the finest and sweetest girls ever, sharp n strong people, good sportspeople, talented, can do business, hardworking, industrious, don't boast but surprise you with their abilities, sweet food, fine dressing,songs
Bad_ can cheat, overlike money, second to Edo in Italy department, when offended become silent killers, ve join the cultist community

Ijaws
Good_ swim rivers n ocean at 4yrs old, sweet music n dances, girls are Naija's shakira, sweet food full of seafood, fine people, girls ve big y*nsh, unique ways of doing evritin, sharp, brave, strong, ve brotherly spirit,
Bad_ aggressive, cheaters, ever ready 4 war, kidnapping oyibo, militancy, political thugery, cultism, ve 'na our oil' sydrome, oil bunkering, can like money, bad girls, drinkers

Ikwerre
Good_ fine girls, friendly, finest dressing, sweet song n dance, strong n tough, smart, hep demselves, sweet n scenting food, hardworking, business people
Bad_ overlike money, aggressive, fight, political cultism, drinkers, can cheat, armed robber bride price

Efik n Ibibio
Good_ sweet food, fine girls, fine dressing, friendly, good music n dance, hardworking, relationship genius,strong, brave, silent achievers, nollywood, they explore, industrious, eat dog( I lyk dog)
Bad_ girls can overdo, girls bad o, girls like money, winches dey o, nollywood

Tiv
Good_ swange dance, sweet music, hospitality, good food, hardworkers, fine dressing
Bad_ born here, born there (2b*b*) haha

Ehen northerners nor vex o, but someone told me hausas are also powerful jaz men, I said let me ask nor crucify me, I've only visited abuja I don't know north lyk dat
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by christopher123(m): 6:40am On Jan 31, 2018
fero007:
what better research do I need than to live among the people? I know Delta from issele-uku to burutu, Rivers from elele to bonny, I've meant lots of ikwerre n ukwuani people who correct me over n over dat theynt Igbo, wen they speak with Igbos they don't really flow n only pick out some few words if they listen well, same vice versa. Saying they are Igbos is like saying itsekiris are Yoruba or ibibios are efiks, even urhobo n isoko that are very the same still(and isoko have agreed they came from urhobo) are distinguished as different tribes, if isoko can be different from urhobo why can't ikwerre n ukwuani be different from igbo or Ikpumadu do you claim you know better than hundreds of ikwerres who tell me their nt igbo

I know a lot of ukwuani that say they are Igbo....They are members of proudly anioma proudly Igbo facebook....Can you at least check it before you keep disgracing also check proudly ikwerre proudly Igbo or proudly rivers Igbo

Urhobo man....Are you angry that you are a minority. Well isoko and urhobo are same....They are k own as sobo by us and them

Leave igbo matter all ukwuani understand general Igbo and culture so face front
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by christopher123(m): 6:41am On Jan 31, 2018
SeamT:

Una don copy again...Well it's normal for minority to look up and copy from a bigger tribe

Omugwo is an Igbo word and had an Igbo meaning drives to birth
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by SeamT: 6:47pm On Feb 01, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Oga stop claiming.... minority tribes are bound to borrow from bigger tribes

Omugwo is an Igbo word

Meaning two words Omu ....to born and Gwo to go treat

What do urhobo call to born

bros I didn't say the word was an urhobo word. there are many borrowed word in my language... and I don't know if the word is generally used among other clans of urhobo or urhobo in general. I only mentioned it because people around make use of it and they are urhobo in their home land.

bros abeg calm down
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by fero007: 11:45pm On Feb 03, 2018
nobody- I can see some goats are not willing to learn, so I leave them to their wrong beliefs.

to chris- how are you sure Igbos didn't copy some of does words from urhobo

urhobos are minority in terms of number, in order areas we and the rest of the south south are fully in charge south south though minorities is a land of too muchness
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2019
SeamT:

I'm from urhobo and my people I.e from my village also call it omugwo.. I can't say for other clans

Omugwo??
you not serious.
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by DanZubair(m): 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2019
JikanBaura:
OP you should learn more about Fulani and Hausa. I know you surely knows they are not desame tribe,
Stop being lazy grin

Oya now tongue Mentioned Hausa and Fulani tribe Good and bad qualities. This time around do it differently. smiley
And besides flogging is not Hausa marriage tradition, but pure Fulanis.
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by Emilokoiyawon: 5:00am On Jun 11, 2019
Stupid post from a low IQ individual
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by fero007: 2:32am On Jun 13, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:
Stupid post from a low IQ individual

oga go n be foolish somewherelse......wat is low IQ in d post now........remember all those classifications are jokes (after all I still yab my own tribe join)......if its bout d tribal grouping dis is almost 2yrs since I made dis thread n I still stand dat itsekiris r not Yorubas, n ukwuani.ika.ikwerre r not igbos FULLSTOP
Re: Talents Of Our Different Tribes by SeamT: 12:23am On Jun 17, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Omugwo??

you not serious.

Its mainly used among the ughelli and orogun urhobo people. I don't know about other clans. Maybe they have other words for it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Common Traditional Marriage List In Igbo-land / Yara Iwosan Ibile Yoruba / Which Is Better?(the Old Days Or Modern Day)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.