Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,315 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Things You Never Thought God Can Do - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things You Never Thought God Can Do (17323 Views)

Is There Really Anything God Can To Restore Leah Sheribu's Lost Years? / Response To Thread: Things You Never Thought God Can Do. / A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by Heartbender: 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
DeSepiero:
The idea of God has really been bastardized.
A being so powerful that it created the universe needs food too?
A being so powerful that it created everything else that exists cannot sin (behave in a way that some of it's creatures feel is bad) so that it won't piss off who exactly?
And on the seventh day He rested. From your argument, why will God rest? Read the Bible to understand your God fully
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by Nik77: 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
manuelfolarin:
Can God smoke weed?

Yes, that is why He is the Most HIGH God!

grin grin grin
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by NdiaraIGBO: 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2018
winj3:
M0ron, did you actually see god do anything, apart from being a bamboozled african air head what evidence do you have?

African people are just too stupid for my liking......
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by NdiaraIGBO: 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2018
Chochovini:
This is the hight of blasphemy! Did you just refared to God as a SEX-STARVED CREATURE?
Now I am totally convinced that some demons are actually commenting on threads here on NL. No air-breathing being will called God such derogatory names except a demon straight from the pit of hell.

Shut it, demon ko lemon ni........

Where the hell is this effing God you air heads keep shouting about. Foolish ediotic morons called Africans, that's one of the reasons we are so embarrasingly poor and wretched.
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by CuteMadridista: 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
Chochovini:
This is the hight of blasphemy! Did you just refared to God as a SEX-STARVED CREATURE?
Now I am totally convinced that some demons are actually commenting on threads here on NL. No air-breathing being will called God such derogatory names except a demon straight from the pit of hell.

Let your god speak for himself, why are you getting worked up over a god you claim is everywhere, sees all and is all powerful?
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by barikay: 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2018
God can not lie Number 23
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by Butterflyleo: 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Let your god speak for himself, why are you getting worked up over a god you claim is everywhere, sees all and is all powerful?

Why are you getting worked up over a God you claim does not exist? Can you never shut up about this "imaginary" God?
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by DeSepiero(m): 4:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
Heartbender:

And on the seventh day He rested. From your argument, why will God rest? Read the Bible to understand your God fully

If you understand my argument, you'd see that I ain't arguing with bible as reference point.
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by Heartbender: 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
DeSepiero:

If you understand my argument, you'd see that I ain't arguing with bible as reference point.
Then you should not argue at all. You can't speak of fire and neglect smoke

1 Like

Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by Hakeymco(m): 5:02pm On Apr 01, 2018
I gave up when one person said Jesus is God in human form. the answer is obvious and they all knew it, but OP...
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by Ewucanbeer: 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
You sir; are one sick motherfucker!
realmindz:
I know God can do many things.

He obviously knows the pleasure of penetrating a virgin, he did that with Mary

he obviously knows the pleasure of taking weed, that's why he's the most high

he knows what terrorism is all about, the bible has the good records of the millions of people he killed. He taught Samson terrorism killing the ordinary philistines....

Even Yahweh showed Moses his backside, his very ass, to prove he knows what anal is all about

Praise be to Jehovah, the knower and doer of all

1 Like

Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by DeSepiero(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
Heartbender:

Then you should not argue at all. You can't speak of fire and neglect smoke

You'd be too naive to think that the subject of God can't be discussed without bible. In that case, I can't discuss with you.
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by oriewanbe: 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by oriewanbe: 6:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
God ate food when He visited Abraham.

Read Genesis 18

Your god is powerless if he cannot eat food. It means you are greater than him cos you can eat food while he can't.
You are equating God with Lord, forgetting that men and even Idols can be referred to as Lord even in d Bible.
God is God, God is no man. Remember our God is a jealous God.
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
tolanibae:
God , just end all this by showing us a sign. End all doubts

hope you're sure of what you're saying. cos we never recover from the shock
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by Habyz(m): 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
They claim God is too BIG to come down to earth and become a man, which is a thing that will corrupt him. This they say to deny that He revealed Himself in a man, Jesus Christ.
When did non–christians ever claim that any action by God will corrupt God?
This is enough to stop me from reading your remaining texts
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by bahaushe1: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
God ate food when He visited Abraham.

Read Genesis 18

Your god is powerless if he cannot eat food. It means you are greater than him cos you can eat food while he can't.
This is the correct version of transpired between Abraham (AS) and angels of Allaah:
Qur'an 11:69
There came Our messengers to Abraham with glad tidings. They said, "Peace!" He answered, "Peace!" and hastened to entertain them with a roasted calf.
Qur'an 11:70
But when he saw their hands went not towards the (meal), he felt some mistrust of them, and conceived a fear of them. They said: "Fear not: We have been sent against the people of Lut."

They were angels of Allaah on their way to the people of lot. Even they didn't eat the roasted calf because as angels they do not eat food.

And finally, no human being has ever seen Allaah. The closest anyone has ever came was speaking with Allaah behind a veil. This honour was granted to servants and messengers of Allaah Moses (AS) and Muhammad (SAW).

This is what is consistent with sound human reasoning. There is no sense in asking us to believe in a god that has already presented himself to us in human form. Faith is all about believing in the seen.
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by lordess(m): 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
ednut1:
Until i see an amputees limb grow back i go believe anything

Kindly read about Maria Etter-Woodworth. you'll be amazed at even how the Lord Jesus Christ used this woman to give eye balls to an empty socket.

there are many unbelievable miracles that the Lord Jesus Christ have used men & women to do. They are so much that if they were to be all documented one-by-one, the world wont be able to contain them.

1 Like

Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by Wolexdey(m): 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
realmindz:

he knows what terrorism is all about, the bible has the good records of the millions of people he killed. He taught Samson terrorism killing the ordinary philistines....

Even Yahweh showed Moses his backside, his very ass, to prove he knows what anal is all about

Hello! Whatever demon that has spoken or written those lines through you, right now, by the Power that is above every other power, I feed them with the BLOOD OF JESUS IN JESUS NAME...
The moment you read this, you shall feel a sensation right from your head to your belly, then you will understand their is a GREAT GOD...
THANK YOU JESUS

1 Like

Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by ogbiwa: 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
dollyjoy:
If only there is an immediate punishment for quoting the Bible out of context!

Bless you. And the thing is on front page, subtly deceiving more people
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by Jok3r(m): 10:11pm On Apr 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Hi everyone.

Today we'll be talking on things we humans never believe God can do, mostly because we believe He's too Almighty to belittle himself into doing does things.

Today's talk will also prove to people that God can come down, be a man and even DIE.

The problem with non-Christians e.g Buddhists, Muslims, Pagans etc is that they profess God to be Almighty and powerful but they limit His abilities. Their actions are mostly out of being deceived or out of blatant attack on Him. They claim God is too BIG to come down to earth and become a man, which is a thing that will corrupt him. This they say to deny that He revealed Himself in a man, Jesus Christ.

If God is truly Almighty, then there shouldn't be things He cannot do. Now let's prove that God did things that these people usually put forward as things He can't bring himself into doing.

1. God can eat food

Yes, He can. If He wants to eat, He will eat. The reason why some people believe He can't eat is simply Because they've been told by the Quran that only mortals eat food. Let's see the passage.

Surah 5:75
The Messiah, son of Mary, was no more than a Messenger before whom many Messengers have passed away; and his mother adhered wholly to truthfulness, and they both ate food (as other mortals do)...

The above Quran verse states that Jesus and His Mother, Mary both ate food which is a thing only mortals do. Well, let's go to the old testament book of the Bible written thousands of years before the Quran. There we will see that God did eat with Abraham

Genesis 18:1-22
18 The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day.
2 Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground.
3 He said, “If I have found favor in your eyes, my lord,[a] do not pass your servant by.
4 Let a little water be brought, and then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree.
5 Let me get you something to eat, so you can be refreshed and then go on your way—now that you have come to your servant.” “Very well,” they answered, “do as you say.”
6 So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah. “Quick,” he said, “get three seahs[b] of the finest flour and knead it and bake some bread.”
7 Then he ran to the herd and selected a choice, tender calf and gave it to a servant, who hurried to prepare it. 8 He then brought some curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared, and set these before them. While they ate, he stood near them under a tree.

So, there you have it. God ate food. I'm glad that the Quran also showed that Jesus ate food. Are you connecting the dots already?

2, God can wrestle

At this point, most of the people who knowingly or unknowingly limit God's power will be boiling with rage already.In their mind, they will say ''why would God come down and wrestle when He could just send His angels to do that?''. Well, my God can wrestle, if He wants to. In fact, He did wrestle ones and that was with Jacob.

Genesis 32:22-30
22 That night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two female servants and his eleven sons and crossed the ford of the Jabbok.
23 After he had sent them across the stream, he sent over all his possessions.
24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak.
25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man.
26 Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”
But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
27 The man asked him, “What is your name?”
“Jacob,” he answered.
28 Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”
29 Jacob said, “Please tell me your name.”
But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed him there.
30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, [b]“It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”

So, there you have it. God can wrestle if He wants to. He can put on HUMAN form to do that.

3. ...

At this point, these people start to get petty with things they believe God cannot do. They ask mockingly if God can cry, feel pain and even go to the TOILET. The truth is, these people are making themselves greater than God when they limit His abilities. If they say God cannot go to the toilet, this means they are saying that there are things they can do which the their God cannot do. Doesn't that make them greater than their God? My God can go to the toilet if He wants to.

4. Can God DIE?

Instead of bugging yourself about things God cannot do, why not we go ask Him. Let's ask if He can Die.

John 10:18
No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

There you have it. God has the power to lay down His life and pick it up again. But you may argue that Jesus is not God, so it's not possible. Who told you that? You see, when Adam and Eve sinned, God punished them and also gave a solution for the redemption of mankind.

Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

Did you see the word in bold? Do you find anything strange about it? You see, a woman is not known to have seed, only men do. If so, then how come God said the woman's seed will destroy Satan? If her seed destroys Satan, wouldn't people give praise to the seed instead of to God? That seed can only be God, that's why He had to come via a virgin birth. See what Isaiah said...

Isaiah 7:14
All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'God is with us').

That child was called God with us cos that was actually God with us. Then you may ask, ''how can God come down and walk with we sinful humans?''. He did in the beginning with Adam and Eve.

Genesis 3:8-9
8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

There we see God walking in the cool of the day and even calling out to Adam and Eve. You need a pair of legs to be able to walk and some lungs and vocal chord to be able to ask ''where are you?''. The fact that He even called out to them shows that He had come down to the level of humans. Adam and Eve had a relationship with God in the beginning but sin stopped that. It is that relationship that God wants again, that's why he came down to earth in Jesus Christ. It's so sad that humans didn't recognize him then and some still don't now.

John 1:10-12
10He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him.
11He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.
12But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God

To bring back the days when He could walk, talk and play with humans like in the beginning, He had to pay for their sins. He had to die for them to be saved. Yes, no man can die for the sins of another, but only God can. He can eat, wrestle, becoming a burning bush, cloud, pillar of fire and become a man just to save humanity. These and many more will He do just to ensure that humans have the relationship they had with Him in the beginning.

Imagine you are a king dressed in purple robe and riding in a chariot. Along the way, you see your child drowning in a pool of mud. What will you do? Will you remain in the chariot simply because you don't want your purple robe to get muddy? Will you send one of your servants to get and save your child even when the servant might be scared of drowning too? The true father of the child will cast aside his beautiful purple robe, jump out of the chariot and dive right into the mud to save the child. That is what God did. He put aside His Glory and came to this sinful and muddy world just to save we His children.

If your god cannot do all the above, especially to save you, then it's best you get a BIGGER GOD.

The only thing God cannot do is SIN. If he should sin, then all humanity is lost forever. Him sinning will be Him going against His words and promises. If He should sin, then it means our hope of eternal life is dashed. Thank God Almighty that He cannot sin, other wise He would have been corrupted like we Humans. That explains why He did not and couldn't sin when He came as Jesus Christ. He was sinless and perfect.

HAPPY EASTER

Read the below thread to see How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''?

https://www.nairaland.com/4117606/how-answer-question-where-did

Na here I dey dey look
all right
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by SlyPe(m): 5:33am On Apr 02, 2018
realmindz:

Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by realmindz: 11:01am On Apr 02, 2018
Wolexdey:

Hello! Whatever demon that has spoken or written those lines through you, right now, by the Power that is above every other power, I feed them with the BLOOD OF JESUS IN JESUS NAME...
The moment you read this, you shall feel a sensation right from your head to your belly, then you will understand their there is a GREAT GOD...
THANK YOU JESUS

leave me alone..!!!!! aaarghh...Stopppl!!!! please don't say that name again...it scares me...
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by MrMystrO(m): 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
realmindz:

leave me alone..!!!!! aaarghh...Stopppl!!!! please don't say that name again...it scares me...

Now Receive! grin

Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by Chochovini: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2018
CuteMadridista:

I pity your sorry life. I don‘t tread words with demons as I said earlier. This is because I‘m not their mate neither is my God. Even the devil, your master knows this. Go ask him and clear your doubts.
Re: Things You Never Thought God Can Do by CuteMadridista: 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
Chochovini:
I pity your sorry life. I don‘t tread words with demons as I said earlier. This is because I‘m not their mate neither is my God. Even the devil, your master knows this. Go ask him and clear your doubts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Four Mistresses With Love Children Appear At Prophet Akinade’s Funeral / Which Of The Following Do Not Give Offering In Church? (PHOTOS) / Mike Bamiloye Shares Story On His 33rd Marital Engagement Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.