Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m (21945 Views)

AS Roma Completes The Signing Of Tammy Abraham From Chelsea For £34m / Harrison Chinedu Completes The Lagos City Marathon Riding A Bicycle (Photo) / Everton Completes The Signing Of Theo Walcott From Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by SplashBrother: 11:12am On Jan 21, 2018
arsenal should have asked for Martial. mikitaryn has pass the best years
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by OVA200(m): 11:19am On Jan 21, 2018
oodua1stson:
you're an insult to every football fan worldwide.

1st of Pogba did not have a release clause at Juventus. It is nothing but bare stupidity to blame the coach for what a player earns or the amount of his transfer when the coach doesn't even negotiate transfer or contracts at all. Yes, he can recommend players (like when Mourinho recommended Perisic) but if the club consider the player too expensive they will stop negotiations ( like in the case of Perisic).

In the case of Alexis; the board needed him not just for football reasons but because he's a marquee signing and he will expand United's popularity in south America. The publicity and the merchandise to be sold is the reason why the board needed him for more than just his football qualities.

If you think Mourinho negotiates transfer fees and wages then you're a football illiterate who needs to start watching ballet dancing or play ludo
I know ignorant like you will talk on what you have small knowledge about (they signed him because of popularity in South America, Man u of all team you are making me laugh). I would have debate this with you properly but since you are so insulting so I will leave you wallow in your ignorance.
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by oodua1stson: 11:27am On Jan 21, 2018
OVA200:
I know ignorant like you will talk on what you have small knowledge about (they signed him because of popularity in South America, Man u of all team you are making me laugh). I would have debate this with you properly but since you are so insulting so I will leave you wallow in your ignorance.
another Einstein.....

Do players increase football clubs popularity - yes or no

Do clubs sign players to increase their market shares in a continent - yes or no

Do clubs sign players with the player's publicity and commercial value in mind - yes or no

So much for you being an “expert” you'll do well to know how much Pogba's off the pitch values has already paid for his transfer
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2018
exlinkleads:
Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez From Arsenal For £35m

Red Devils aka Manchester United have reportedly completed the deal to bring Chilean superstar Alexis Sanchez to Old Trafford. The former Arsenal star is expected at Manchester United training ground Carrington Saturday evening.

According to Goal.com, terms on the swap deal involving Henrikh Mkhitaryan were finalised on Saturday morning and Sanchez has travelled north to Manchester ahead of completing a medical on Saturday evening and agreeing terms on a lucrative four-and-a-half-year contract worth around £450,000 a week. Sanchez said farewell to his Arsenal team-mates on Friday after training with them prior to their Premier league clash with Palace.

United's medical staff were with the team at Turf Moor on Saturday afternoon but are due to meet up with the 29-year-old new signing after the game. Although terms of the deal have been struck, both managers remained coy on the transfer in their respective post-match press conferences.

Mourinho said:

"Expect soon or never," said boss Jose Mourinho after his side's victory over Burnley on Saturday afternoon. "So close, so close, so close, if it doesn't happen it is not going to happen. I know my people doing absolutely everything they can. I think they will be successful."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, also said:

"Sanchez will only happen if Mkhitaryan comes here. That will be decided in the next 48 hours. It is a possibility." The Frenchman also admitted Sanchez missed Arsenal's dismantling of Crystal Palace because he was "travelling up north".

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/01/sports-manchester-united-completes.html

Man United is not paying a dim for the deal,it's a straight swap, nothing like £35 milloin.Thanks
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by slimghost(m): 11:41am On Jan 21, 2018
oodua1stson:
another Einstein.....

Do clubs sign players to increase their market shares in a continent - yes or no

Do clubs sign players with the player's publicity and commercial value in mind - yes or no

So much for you being an “expert” you'll do well to know how much Pogba's off the pitch values has already paid for his transfer

You are right on point with most of our points except one.
Sanchez was strictly signed for footballing reasons. Mourinho needs his quality and when such a player becomes available, you deal!
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by YOUNGELDER1(m): 11:42am On Jan 21, 2018
Meanwhile

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by weezweezweez(m): 11:43am On Jan 21, 2018
Felixalex:

No trophies at arsenal either, so if he won't win trophies to enhance his profile, then he should chase money and enhance his bank account. Football is more of business now than those days when there were still some measure of passion n club-loyalty.
of which man Utd sef na trophy winning club.... we won two last season and ds same guardiola didn't win anything last season after spending d most. so I'm pretty sure Sanchez go win trophies for man Utd...

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by weezweezweez(m): 11:44am On Jan 21, 2018
austino677:
Manchester United worst mistake, buying overrated players.. Another lukaku part 2 loading tongue
leave am like that.. we like him.
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by buoye1(m): 11:45am On Jan 21, 2018
introvertme:

245k no b money?

If u de get 400k a month for Nigeria e go take you like 20 years to get what he's getting a bloody week,if I'm not mistaken
Where in my comment did I say 245k isn't money?
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by weezweezweez(m): 11:46am On Jan 21, 2018
tunjex2006:
Imagine! £450k a week. This Mourhino knows how to help someone spend his morning extravagantly. No problem, we are waiting for the outcome of the money he has been spending. Anyway, It's none of my business because I don't belong to them. We are Liverpool. You Will Never Walk Alone.
when u knew it was none of ur business, why were u lamenting in d first place?... ur manager has used three years without winning a single trophy. mourinho came last year, he'd won two trophies... the overhyped guardiola won nothing despite spending d most.
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by OVA200(m): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2018
oodua1stson:
another Einstein.....

You are making my day because you are really making me laugh.
Normall all your questions are YES but not a player like Sanchez (Sanchez is not that marketable) if united want to expand their fan base in South America as of today Neymar, Messi, Coutinho, Dybala, Di Maria, even James Rodriguez would have been better options.
Bro one thing is that manager is capable of influencing transfer in a team where a manager is giving much power.
So the coach can priorities some transfer more than other ( the case of Mendy and walker in Man City, the moves was so much priorities by Guardiola that he gave close to no alternative to the board) Some manager will list like 3 or 4 players playing the same role to the board so they can decide the they can afford or feel suitable ( like the situation at Chelsea on left wing back; Sandro in the main target but their are alternatives like Alex telles and Emerson. Something in midfield Naigollan is the main target but Vidal, Barkley are alternatives) but some case some manager will give only a name and no major alternative.

In the case of Pogba transfer; his Normal value is around 50-60 million but Man utd shows to much desperateness.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/what-juventus-prevent-manchester-united-10506646
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by weezweezweez(m): 11:49am On Jan 21, 2018
OVA200:
Mourinho is an insult to united, he is always too jealous about rival and always show it, how will you sign a player with that age and in such condition (desperately to leave)) for such a high wages and same nothing is guaranteed at the end of the season, he suppose to put his other player to consideration now.
I hope man utd won't waste a lot of their budget on salary in few years to come because this transfer will definitely break man utd salary scale when the likes of De Gea, Pogba, Martial, Lukaku, Bailly, etc want to sign another contract they won't stick with their current wages anymore.
This is a desperate signing commonly find in Mourinho (Same with Pogba which his buy-out clause is around 65 million then but they ended up paying 89 million, giving raiola just an agent 25 million).

I may sound like hater but this is the bitter truth.

Modified: I just read a rumor now that Pogba is also demanding for 400K per week (that's what am saying).
Ferguson no buy van Persie for 27m at age 28? abi which kine talk b this for God's sake

u dey say mourinho dry waste money... b like say na back of TV u dey watch

this is man Utd's best season since Ferguson left

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by OVA200(m): 11:54am On Jan 21, 2018
weezweezweez:
Ferguson no buy van Persie for 27m at age 28? abi which kine talk b this for God's sake

u dey say mourinho dry waste money... b like say na back of TV u dey watch

this is man Utd's best season since Ferguson left
Bro it's not about the transfer fees am talking about but the wages of 450K per week can cause a lot within the team and united budget.
The highest earner in that team is little above 250K and someone is coming from no where to earn 450K it may shatter the dressing room (same thing that almost happen when Bale moved to Madrid)
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by vroy(m): 11:55am On Jan 21, 2018
Sanchez deal no involve money na straight swapping wit micki his wages ot yet revealed
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
OVA200:
I understand you bro but Sanchez look destined to go to City the only way united can get him is only through cash (which they did), what am saying is if Mourinho didn't persuade them too much ordinarily man utd won't make this type of a deal and if they refuse to get Sanchez for him that might be his excuse at the end of the season (we all know Jose) meanwhile he can give them alternatives like (lemar, Malcom, Dybala etc).

Bro it is better to pay a huge transfer fees than a huge salary (tevez as a case study) because that can cause dressing room upset and break salary scale. ( I read now Pogba is also demanding 400K per week now though it might just be a rumor now but something similar will eventually happen.)
It's very important that some salient issues here be corrected before it escalates.
First Sanchez was not destined to city, for the fact that he played under pep doesn't guarantee a working relationship with the both. when the both were at camp nou, Sanchez was hidden, pep rather played a Pedro than an Alexis, so he can't be sure that a sane or a sterling will be benched for him to play.
Wenger brought out every talent in Sanchez and elevated him to a global glare. Sanchez was at the verge of renewing his contract when Bayern thrashed them in ucl last season, this altered the contract plans and made the poor lad to be on the look out where he can add trouphies to his cv. He would 've joined United last summer if not for United interest on Grezmann. when finally Grezmann had a change of mind, United made him (Sanchez) a replacement to wear the number 7 jersey.
On his wages, he has not yet signed a contract, until he signs you can be privy to his wages if disclosed. Pogba signed 165k a week contract when he joined but press carried 290k a week. it was at the end of the summer that his pay was revealed.
Gentle men and ladies.. just say congrats to the teams and players and do not adduce fake facts to their deals. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Felixalex(m): 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
DrTims:
He won two FA cup. Or is that not a trophy

No doctor, it is a cup grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by OVA200(m): 12:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
Wiseman5:

It's very important that some salient issues here be corrected before it escalates.
First Sanchez was not destined to city, for the fact that he played under pep doesn't guarantee a working relationship with the both. when the both were at camp nou, Sanchez was hidden, pep rather played a Pedro than an Alexis, so he can't be sure that a sane or a sterling will be benched for him to play.
Wenger brought out every talent in Sanchez and elevated him to a global glare. Sanchez was at the verge of renewing his contract when Bayern thrashed them in ucl last season, this altered the contract plans and made the poor lad to be on the look out where he can add trouphies to his cv. He would 've joined United last summer if not for United interest on Grezmann. when finally Grezmann had a change of mind, United made him (Sanchez) a replacement to wear the number 7 jersey.
On his wages, he has not yet signed a contract, until he signs you can be privy to his wages if disclosed. Pogba signed 165k a week contract when he joined but press carried 290k a week. it was at the end of the summer that his pay was revealed.
Gentle men and ladies.. just say congrats to the teams and players and do not adduce fake facts to their deals. Thank you
Sanchez is so close to City and even agreed personal term with them , Sanchez is not united number 1 target Griezmann is after him Perisic is next not even Sanchez so cased closed on that.

Pogba signed for 165K per week but it is in his contract that if united qualify for Champions league his pay will rise to 255K for his image right so he is earning 255K per week now.
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by introvertme: 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
buoye1:
Where in my comment did I say 245k isn't money?

misinterpreted your comment
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by eflintsone(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
exlinkleads:
Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez From Arsenal For £35m

Red Devils aka Manchester United have reportedly completed the deal to bring Chilean superstar Alexis Sanchez to Old Trafford. The former Arsenal star is expected at Manchester United training ground Carrington Saturday evening.

According to Goal.com, terms on the swap deal involving Henrikh Mkhitaryan were finalised on Saturday morning and Sanchez has travelled north to Manchester ahead of completing a medical on Saturday evening and agreeing terms on a lucrative four-and-a-half-year contract worth around £450,000 a week. Sanchez said farewell to his Arsenal team-mates on Friday after training with them prior to their Premier league clash with Palace.

United's medical staff were with the team at Turf Moor on Saturday afternoon but are due to meet up with the 29-year-old new signing after the game. Although terms of the deal have been struck, both managers remained coy on the transfer in their respective post-match press conferences.

Mourinho said:

"Expect soon or never," said boss Jose Mourinho after his side's victory over Burnley on Saturday afternoon. "So close, so close, so close, if it doesn't happen it is not going to happen. I know my people doing absolutely everything they can. I think they will be successful."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, also said:

"Sanchez will only happen if Mkhitaryan comes here. That will be decided in the next 48 hours. It is a possibility." The Frenchman also admitted Sanchez missed Arsenal's dismantling of Crystal Palace because he was "travelling up north".

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/01/sports-manchester-united-completes.html

goal.com can lie sha , the world knows its a straight swap deal ..no transfer fee included
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by RomeoEmpire(m): 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
aubumeyang:
am coming to join you henrikh at arsenal
U're welcome bruh..
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by gmacnoms(m): 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
Xavier9ja:
Alexis and martial on both flank equals wicked combination
combination go bad die. We currently have swift options for full offensive. But mourinho's gameplan won't push for it
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Molawole7(m): 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by SirBunky85(m): 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
buoye1:
this is before tax.. His take home is around 245k
Don't mind dose shouting upandan like say £450k na beans.even if manutd doesn't knw Wat else to do with money,dey can't pay Sanchez £450k a week after tax
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by SirBunky85(m): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
OVA200:
Mourinho is an insult to united, he is always too jealous about rival and always show it, how will you sign a player with that age and in such condition (desperately to leave)) for such a high wages and same nothing is guaranteed at the end of the season, he suppose to put his other player to consideration now.
I hope man utd won't waste a lot of their budget on salary in few years to come because
this transfer will definitely break man utd salary scale when the likes of De Gea, Pogba, Martial, Lukaku, Bailly, etc want to sign another contract they won't stick with their current wages anymore.
This is a desperate signing commonly find in Mourinho (Same with Pogba which his buy-out clause is around 65 million then but they ended up paying 89 million, giving raiola just an agent 25 million).

I may sound like hater but this is the bitter truth.

Modified: I just read a rumor now that Pogba is also demanding for 400K per week (that's what am saying).
Yes, u are a hater. Why not calm down and do a little research?u are shouting upandan cuz u heard £450k without checking if it's before tax. Pls leave manutd and mou alone and focus on ur club...arm chair analyst cum critic
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by 247TechBlog(m): 2:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
tunjex2006:
Imagine! £450k a week. This Mourhino knows how to help someone spend his morning extravagantly. No problem, we are waiting for the outcome of the money he has been spending. Anyway, It's none of my business because I don't belong to them. We are Liverpool. You Will Never Walk Alone.

Didn't you just spend 75m on a player who's never won a cup of coffee or played in Europe?

Better sit down and be humble
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by OVA200(m): 2:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
SirBunky85:

Yes, u are a hater. Why not calm down and do a little research?u are shouting upandan cuz u heard £450k without checking if it's before tax. Pls leave manutd and mou alone and focus on ur club...arm chair analyst cum critic
Bro calm down no be fight now, it's before tax now but na man utd go still pay am now.
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
introvertme:

245k no b money?

If u de get 400k a month for Nigeria e go take you like 20 years to get what he's getting a bloody week,if I'm not mistaken
he will never get
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by SirBunky85(m): 3:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
OVA200:
Bro calm down no be fight now, it's before tax now but na man utd go still pay am now.
I've calmed down but,is it ur money?
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Urchman10: 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
nothing Manutd go do wey people no go complain.. it's a big club.. the biggest in the world in riches and popularity.. it's jxt like a celebrity.. if you cough, they go say why u no cover ur mouth; if you cover ur mouth with your hand, they go say why u no use handkerchief; if you use handkerchief, they go say the handkerchief no neat; if you use neat handkerchief, they go say u d show everybody say u get handkerchief..
the money no b ur own why u d worry say they d spend am to give u good football and give you joy of trophies..
abeg dybala 200mill loading..

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by ebonyface2(m): 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
Martial, Rashford & Sanchez plays same wing. United need more strength were Mata plays instead. It's a stupid buy
quote author=Xavier9ja post=64381511]Alexis and martial on both flank equals wicked combination[/quote]
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by ebonyface2(m): 3:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
Even if it's before or after. Does a 29years old deserve 450K a week. Mourinho is killing United

SirBunky85:

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by ebonyface2(m): 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
Did u just say overhypped Guardiola? He just beat Mourihno and United silly lately. Let's see how far Mourinho desperation to buy success this days gets him

quote author=weezweezweez post=64386520] when u knew it was none of ur business, why were u lamenting in d first place?... ur manager has used three years without winning a single trophy. mourinho came last year, he'd won two trophies... the overhyped guardiola won nothing despite spending d most. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat / Physically Challenged Persons Participating In The Lagos Marathon (Photos) / Mark Otabor Got AS Roma Deal After Commentary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.