Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

The Bitter Truth About Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bitter Truth About Jesus (2710 Views)

#sexforgrades: The Bitter Truth About What Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Said / Blacks Are Cursed Race. The Bitter Truth Black's Don't Like To Hear / Apostle Suleman Condemns Comedians That Joke About Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
Most Christians have a warm, loving image of Jesus. Jesus is the "Prince of Peace" and the "Lamb of God" in their eyes. But is this image accurate? If you had never heard of Jesus before, and you decided you wanted to learn about him by reading the Bible, what sort of person would you discover?

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2018
The dictionary defines ajerkas a "foolish, rude, or contemptible person" . Another dictionary throws in the word "fatuous" as well, and then defines fatuous as, "vacuously, smugly, and unconsciously foolish".
Given these definitions, can we make the case that Jesus was a jerk? Let's see what we find when we look at God's word.
A person who is a hypocrite is certainly a jerk. No one likes a hypocrite, because hypocrites are smugly foolish. And Jesus seems to have a problem with hypocrisy. For example, one of Jesus' most famous lines is, "Love your enemies," as he says here in Matthew 5:43:
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."He reiterates the message in Luke 6:26:
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.That seems simple enough. And wouldn't you expect Jesus to love his enemies? Yes you would, unless he is a hypocrite. Therefore, what we find in Mark 16:15-16 is surprising. It shows us how Jesus treats his enemies:
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned [to hell].This is "good" news? Jesus doesn't love his enemies at all. In fact, you don't even need to be an enemy -- even those who would rather not "believe in" Jesus are condemned to eternal torture in a lake of fire. This level of hypocrisy is the kind of thing you expect from a jerk. For further examples of hypocrisy and contradiction, try comparing Matthew 5:16 with Matthew 6:1, or John 14:27 with Matthew 10:34, or 2 Kings 2:11 with John 3:13, or Exodus 33:11 with John 1:18, or Mark 9:40 with Luke 11:23.
In the same way, a person who breaks his promises is a jerk. We can see that Jesus breaks promises by looking at Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14 we find the same thing:
I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.When a person says, "ask anything in my name, and I will do it," what does he mean? Presumably, Jesus means that if you ask for anything, he will do it. What else could he possibly mean, unless he is being dishonest? And Jesus does not say it once. He says the same thing over and over again. In Matthew 7:7: "Ask, and it will be given to you." In Matthew 17:20: "Nothing will be impossible for you." In Matthew 21:21: "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." You may have noticed, however, that Jesus is lying. You can pray for all sorts of things and nothing will happen. We all know that. A person who breaks his promises like this is clearly a jerk.
What if Jesus tells stories that are completely untrue? For example, take Matthew 4:8 as an example:
Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.The problem with this story is that the earth must be flat for it to work. From a tall mountain it is impossible to see "all the kingdoms." Even standing on Mt. Everest, the tallest mountain on earth, the farthest you could see is 250 miles to the horizon . Yet we know that at the time of Jesus, there were thriving kingdoms in China, India, South America, Europe, etc. So clearly this story could not have happened. People who are dishonest like this are jerks.
Another easy way to see that Jesus is a jerk is to recognize his bigotry. In Matthew 15:22-26 we find this telling conversation:
A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession." Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said. He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."Jesus calls this woman a dog because she is not the right nationality. That is both ridiculous, and a clear indication that he is a jerk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 12:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
If you are a person who steals other people's stuff, you are a jerk. In Mark 11:1-3 we find this transaction:
As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples, saying to them, "Go to the village ahead of you, and just as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. If anyone asks you, 'Why are you doing this?' tell him, 'The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.' "How many times have you had some jerk say, "let me borrow this and I'll return it in a minute," never to see that person again? It is a common scam. And that's exactly what Jesus does. The disciples take the colt, but if you search the scriptures you find that they never bother to return it. Wow - what a jerk.
By the way, that is not the only place in the Bible where Jesus steals something. In Matthew 8:28-34 Jesus steals an entire herd of pigs and kills them all.
Have you noticed that in many cases Jesus is childish and emotional, rather than thoughtful? People who act like this are jerks. Here's an example from Matthew 18:7-9:
"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come! If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.This statement is totally ridiculous on several different levels. First, something like a hand cannot "cause you to sin" -- your brain causes "sin." Every intelligent person knows that. Therefore, gouging your eye out or cutting your hand off is useless. If you have a problem with "sin" and you are going to amputate something to solve it, you would need to amputate yourbrain, since that is where all "sin" originates.
But if you think about it further, you realize that Jesus has completely missed the actual remedy. If you are having a problem with unproductive behaviors, what you need to do is either educate or rehabilitate yourself. You would do that by talking with a counselor or seeing a therapist. Amputation is an absurd prescription, as every intelligent person knows. Jesus is not only a jerk -- he is an idiot. He dispenses advice that is completely useless, and recklessly dangerous as well.
Here is another emotional outburst from Mark 11:15-16:
On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts.Is this a smart thing to do? Is this the kind of behavior you expect from a thoughtful, rational adult? No, it is the behavior of a child. Surely the all-powerful son of God could come up with a better plan than knocking over tables in a one-time outburst.
In Mark 11:12-14 we find another emotional reaction:
The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again." And his disciples heard him say it.Later we learn that the tree is dead.
Let's see. The son of God is hungry. He approaches a fig tree. The tree is out of season and has no fruit. Jesus wants fruit.So he kills the tree. What a total jerk! Why didn't he wave his all-powerful hand and cause figs to appear? Or how about borrowing a raisin from someone and turning it into a 5,000 baskets of figs? Only a true jerk would kill something out of spite.
Here is one final example. Let's say that you want to really jerk people around. One way to do that would be to constantly contradict yourself. Therefore, we find Jesus saying this in Luke 14:26:
Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple.OK, so if we hate everything, we can be Jesus' disciple. That's a great message from someone who elsewhere says, "Love your enemy" and "Love your neighbor as you love yourself." And don't forget that one of the commandments is to honor your father and mother. So which is it Jesus? If we want to be your disciple, should we love our enemies, our neighbors and our parents, or should we hate them? Only a jerk would create a totally contradictory set of requirements like that.
What if you want eternal life? What do you need to do? Presumably you need to hate everyone and life itself. Then in Luke 10:25-28 we find another requirement:

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever."That sounds grotesque, doesn't it? And it totally contradicts what Jesus just told the two guys in Luke 10 and Luke 18. And what about Matthew 18:2-3:
He called a little child and had him stand among them. And [Jesus] said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."How, exactly, does one "become like little children?" For example, little children frequently believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, and often will fight fiercely with their sibblings. Are we, as adults, supposed to take on these qualities? Jesus does not really say, making this requirement totally nebulous.
But is it true? If you "become like little children", do you get to go to heaven? No, actually not. In reality you have to be "born again" in order to see the kingdom of God. In John 3:3-8 Jesus says:
"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."That is about as clear as mud, isn't it? But that is what Jesus says, and it totally contradicts all the other stuff he said.
But let's ignore the contradiction for a moment. Is this true? If we become like little children... in fact, if we regress all the way to infants by being "born again" of water and the Spirit, do we get to go to heaven? No... Jesus is wrong again. Because in Matthew 5:17-20 Jesus says this:
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.This is getting absurd, isn't it? Pharisees and scribes are adults, not children. And if you read the Bible, you know that the pharisees are anal nut-jobs. But that is what Jesus says. Forget the "born again" stuff and the children -- turn yourself into an anal nut-job instead. Our righteousness, and our adherence to the laws of the old testament, must exceed that of the Pharisees in order to enter the kingdom of heaven. Which means we need to start killinga whole lot of people.
And then there is the famous verse, John 3:16:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."So which is it What do you have to do to have eternal life and go to heaven There are probably 15 other stipulations scattered throughout the Bible. There is no way to know which is right, and they all contradict each other. But now that you have looked at all this stuff, one thing should be crystal clear: Jesus had absolutely no idea what he was talking about.
The most amazing part of all this is that "eternal life" is a total fantasy. No one gets eternal life, because what Jesus is peddling is a scam. Every biologist will tell you with certainty that all of life is a chemical reaction. Therefore, the whole idea of a "soul" is a figment of human imagination. See Chapter 27for details.
When you add all of these examples up, the truth is completely obvious. Jesus wasn't "the son of God." Jesus was a total jerk. He was a fatuous person if there ever was one. And he was a snake oil salesman besides. The fact that "Christians" cannot see this shows the depth of their delusion.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by kachi19: 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
SMH... Everybody wants be relevant undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
kachi19:
SMH... Everybody wants be relevant undecided

My friend, if you have any brilliant argument that would counter the points i raised in my article, please i urge you to bring it forth.

I'm not here to seek relevance or insult christians...NO.
I'm here to share my opinion and promote contructive criticism and intelligent arguments.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by kachi19: 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
BlackManta:

My friend, if you have any brilliant argument that would counter the points i raised in my article, please i urge you to bring it forth.

I'm here to share my opinion and promote contructive criticism and intelligent arguments.

Thank you.

So you woke up this morning with all the time in the world and to post all these... Na wa Oh undecided Carry Go. Nothing does you

Any christian who'll come to defend or counter all these should be real Jobless.

Go and Argue with your ancestors... i've seen better Anti-Christian write ups
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
Cc.Redlyn, , Rainess, Pr0ton , MrPresident , frank317 , davien, DProDG , nana228

tags; francistony, uyiiredia, tufanja, plaetton, johnydon22, empiree, rilwayne001, kingebukasblog, reyginus, hahn, jayriginal

OtemAtum
EyeHateGod
Edenoscar
CAPSLOCKED
sonofluc1fer
JackBizzle
MadCow1
hopefullandlord
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
kachi19:

So you woke up this morning with all the time in the world and to post all these... Na wa Oh undecided Carry Go. Nothing does you

Any christian who'll come to defend or counter all these should be real Jobless.

Go and Argue with your ancestors... i've seen better Anti-Christian write ups

Thank you for your input.

Now kindly roger off, pls this thread is mainly for intelligent people not deluded sheeples.

Thank you.

Btw, i may be atheist but i have been a better christian than you will ever be.

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by kachi19: 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
BlackManta:

Thank you.

How do you Atheist do this? grin making it your life long job of studying the bible or other books trying to make God look despicable lol i really don't take your likes serious cos i you just turned a new lead just to prove God is a hoax. studying the bible and "Other books"?? undecided
Well i was a graduate of Archaeology from UNN before i went for a medical course and i have studying more ancient books even to the book of Judas... and am so without Reasonable doubt i was created not an evolution (wasted my years studying archaeology)
That's all you atheists look for. peeps to "intellectually" argue with. just don't know why xtians can't give u guys less attention and just serve their God
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by miksonics(m): 3:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
If dem born your papa well write about Mohammed, am waiting.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 7:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
miksonics:
If dem born your papa well write about Mohammed, am waiting.

Mohammed undecided
The useless paedophilic bastard

He is worse than Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
miksonics:
If dem born your papa well write about [i][/i[b][/b]Mohammed, am waiting.

You won't do shit.

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by godisgood200: 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
BlackManta:

Thank you.
So Jesus is a hypocrite and a jerkas? Fine, what are you going to do about it? Refuse to stand before Him in judgement on the last day?

Satan just spoke right out of you. You want to eat your cake and still have it.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by godisgood200: 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2018
godisgood200:

So Jesus is a hypocrite and a jerkas? Fine, what are you going to do about it? Refuse to stand before Him in judgement on the last day?

Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 4:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
godisgood200:

Satan doesn't exist.
I'm not standing before Jesus on judgement day because he doesn't exist either.

But i have read the bible and i stand by my words...the jesus fictional character in the bible is a jerk and a hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by godisgood200: 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2018
BlackManta:

Satan doesn't exist.

But i have read the bible and i stand by my words...the jesus fictional character in the bible is a jerk and a hypocrite.

Wait!!!!! You mean you copy and pasted this long episode about a hypocritical Jesus who doesn't exist? HahahahahahahahahahahahHahaha. Wonderfulllllll. Pls goan take your merecin.

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by enilove(m): 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
BlackManta:

Satan doesn't exist.

You can still repent because Jesus loves you. It is not too late for you.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by psychalade: 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 7:33am On Feb 23, 2018
godisgood200:

Wait!!!!! You mean you copy and pasted this long episode about a hypocritical Jesus who doesn't exist? HahahahahahahahahahahahHahaha. Wonderfulllllll. Pls goan take your merecin.

Your fictional Jesus only exist in the buybull.
I have my own nairaland account, i can post whatever i like, i can blaspheme jesus and no one will ban me.
If you cant deal with that, kindly walk out of my thread mbok.

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by godisgood200: 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2018
BlackManta:

Your fictional Jesus only exist in the buybull.
I have my own nairaland account, i can post whatever i like, i can blaspheme jesus and no one will ban me.
If you cant deal with that, kindly walk out of my thread mbok.
I have seen dumb ducks, you top the chat.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2018
godisgood200:

I have seen dumb ducks, you top the chat.

Thank you.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by godisgood200: 9:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
BlackManta:

Thank you.
You are welcome dear. Keep it up.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by AdeMarley: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
My friend Blackmanta ,I understand your anger , am sure it's due to why "black" people worship a white god,in a white Man's world which has oppressed us for centuries......I want you to understand that the world is clouded in great lies as you know they control the world Media. the Bible is a compilation from scrolls and so it passed through so many changes, what we have today in the Bible is just 33% correct. the Bible is a story of a people, the Israelites, the Hebrews, all what they are to undergo,their tribulations,their Messiah called Jesus today and wrongly imaged as a whiteman ...today they are in captivity (slavery)...they are the so called African American,the Jamaicans,the Haitians, the Nigerians ( in fact Nigeria holds the world largest Hebrew population ) and many more Hebrew populations across Africa...the white Roman ruled Jerusalem ,stole many scrolls ,gave the world a white Jesus, gave the world religion(roman Catholic Church leds the gang) and created the Bible, created a fake Jewish people and all there many atrocities globally.....the Vatican has all these secrets, the world knows who we are except us, we lack knowledge of self,we can't blame ourselves for they control our education, they teach us what they want us to know, brainwashed education, they control our mind,so we see ourselves as enemies( take a look at tribal war here in this forum and Africa in general) . my brother please take it easy,don't go too deep in your criticism because there is truth in it, just that the enemies have tampered with the original Truth.
Truly there is a Messiah sent to free us from this time of great oppression especially we in Africa and our brothers still in captivity in America and around the world...We are the rightly rulers of this Earth and until leadership returns to us,the world will not know Peace... this white world is doomed to destroy that's their only mission, the prophets tried to explain it in the scrolls and Bible but religion has messed it up,religion destroyed us,the education curriculum dumbed us down...we are at the end time ,the end of the white men's rule,they have done there worst ,humanity is in hell...it is highly spiritual that's was why the angels rejoiced when the white man's father satan was chased out from heaven, then went on to lament on those residing in Earth. ....
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by OnyeOGA(m): 3:35pm On Feb 24, 2018
BlackManta:

Satan doesn't exist.

i am still understanding you brother.
Now, You say that something is fictional and ur post is equally telling us that it is real.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by Originakalokalo(m): 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
BlackManta:
The dictionary defines ajerkas a "foolish, rude, or contemptible person" . Another dictionary throws in the word "fatuous" as well, and then defines fatuous as, "vacuously, smugly, and unconsciously foolish".
Given these definitions, can we make the case that Jesus was a jerk? Let's see what we find when we look at God's word.
A person who is a hypocrite is certainly a jerk. No one likes a hypocrite, because hypocrites are smugly foolish. And Jesus seems to have a problem with hypocrisy. For example, one of Jesus' most famous lines is, "Love your enemies," as he says here in Matthew 5:43:
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."He reiterates the message in Luke 6:26:
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.That seems simple enough. And wouldn't you expect Jesus to love his enemies? Yes you would, unless he is a hypocrite. Therefore, what we find in Mark 16:15-16 is surprising. It shows us how Jesus treats his enemies:
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned [to hell].This is "good" news? Jesus doesn't love his enemies at all. In fact, you don't even need to be an enemy -- even those who would rather not "believe in" Jesus are condemned to eternal torture in a lake of fire. This level of hypocrisy is the kind of thing you expect from a jerk. For further examples of hypocrisy and contradiction, try comparing Matthew 5:16 with Matthew 6:1, or John 14:27 with Matthew 10:34, or 2 Kings 2:11 with John 3:13, or Exodus 33:11 with John 1:18, or Mark 9:40 with Luke 11:23.
In the same way, a person who breaks his promises is a jerk. We can see that Jesus breaks promises by looking at Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14 we find the same thing:
I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.When a person says, "ask anything in my name, and I will do it," what does he mean? Presumably, Jesus means that if you ask for anything, he will do it. What else could he possibly mean, unless he is being dishonest? And Jesus does not say it once. He says the same thing over and over again. In Matthew 7:7: "Ask, and it will be given to you." In Matthew 17:20: "Nothing will be impossible for you." In Matthew 21:21: "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." You may have noticed, however, that Jesus is lying. You can pray for all sorts of things and nothing will happen. We all know that. A person who breaks his promises like this is clearly a jerk.
What if Jesus tells stories that are completely untrue? For example, take Matthew 4:8 as an example:
Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.The problem with this story is that the earth must be flat for it to work. From a tall mountain it is impossible to see "all the kingdoms." Even standing on Mt. Everest, the tallest mountain on earth, the farthest you could see is 250 miles to the horizon . Yet we know that at the time of Jesus, there were thriving kingdoms in China, India, South America, Europe, etc. So clearly this story could not have happened. People who are dishonest like this are jerks.
Another easy way to see that Jesus is a jerk is to recognize his bigotry. In Matthew 15:22-26 we find this telling conversation:
A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession." Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said. He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."Jesus calls this woman a dog because she is not the right nationality. That is both ridiculous, and a clear indication that he is a jerk.

Your ignorance is noted.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2018
OnyeOGA:

i am still understanding you brother.
Now, You say that something is fictional and ur post is equally telling us that it is real.

I'm an atheist, do you know what that means ?
Do you know why atheist criticise religion, both fiction and non fiction characters ?

It is because criticising the imaginary characters is another way of criticising and ridiculing those that believe in such things.

I dont hate Jesus, why would i hate something that doesn't exist

I hate the idea of Jesus.
The prestige that christians feed him.
The "perfect" tag that christians give him.
They think he's good and unquestionable.

My article is aimed that criticising that idea.
To prove that Jesus has his flaws and he's not the person that people think he is.

The article does not say that Jesus exist.

Most atheist have been criticising God and Jesus for a long time.
Why are you suprised

Are you new to this kind of atheist arguments.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by OnyeOGA(m): 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2018
BlackManta:

I'm an atheist, do you know what that means ?
Do you know why atheist criticise religion, both fiction and non fiction characters ?

It is because criticising the imaginary characters is another way of criticising and ridiculing those that believe in such things.

I dont hate Jesus, why would i hate something that doesn't exist

I hate the idea of Jesus.
The prestige that christians feed him.
The "perfect" tag that christians give him.
They think he's good and unquestionable.

My article is aimed that criticising that idea.
To prove that Jesus has his flaws and he's not the person that people think he is.

The article does not say that Jesus exist.

Most atheist have been criticising God and Jesus for a long time.
Why are you suprised

Are you new to this kind of atheist arguments.
never.
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.
I believe in God and you don't believe. How does that affect my living?
I always thank myself for who i am.
I DON'T JUMP INTO PEOPLE'S IDEA. RATHER I TAKE IT AS HOW WE ALL ARE AND I ASK QUESTION WHEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND POINT.

PEACE!
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
Try make your article neat for easy comprehension by distinguishing your points from the extrapolated scriptures. It's too jam-packed. I respect your opinions but don't try to be what you're not by starting what you can't finish. If it gives you joy to have a disbelief in Jesus, then you're free to tread on that path, cuz the last time I checked no one is under pressure to be affiliated with a faith or belief. cuz I can't grasp a thing here.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
OnyeOGA:

never.
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.
I believe in God and you don't believe. How does that affect my living?
I always thank myself for who i am.
I DON'T JUMP INTO PEOPLE'S IDEA. RATHER I TAKE IT AS HOW WE ALL ARE AND I ASK QUESTION WHEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND POINT.

PEACE!

I am an ex-christian.

I ask questions too and i'm not the kind of person that accepts an idea without first looking at it and providing contructive criticism.

Everything i wrote about Jesus in my article i backed it up by providing biblical references.

My argument is contructive enough with proof from the bible verses i quoted.

And yet no christian has been able to provide an intelligent response to my article.

The only thing i recieved are insults and abuse.
Some of your folks have sent me DM and yet no one has been able to say something brilliant to counter my article.

Everyone is entitled to his belief but beliefs are never above criticism.

Christians criticise Islam and traditional religion.
You threaten hell fire and brimstone on every non-christian.

But when somebody criticise christian belief, y'all interprete it as stupidity and hate speech.

I have been called a fool for writing this article but no one has been able to prove why the article is wrong.

Christians are allergic to criticism.
I was nearly excommunicated from my former church for the crime of contructive criticism.

That is why ex-christians who are now atheist can never change their resolve and go back to christianity.

It's like a camel passing through the eye of a needle.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by BlackManta(m): 11:04pm On Feb 24, 2018
Jacksonville:
Try make your article neat for easy comprehension by distinguishing your points from the extrapolated scriptures. It's too jam-packed. I respect your opinions but don't try to be what you're not by starting what you can't finish. If it gives you joy to have a disbelief in Jesus, then you're free to tread on that path, cuz the last time I checked no one is under pressure to be affiliated with a faith or belief. cuz I can't grasp a thing here.

Maybe it's too jampacked for you.

But this is not my best article.
I have an article on facebook that i wrote few months ago.
It is neat and comprehensive enough for layman understanding.

Tomorrow is sunday and i will share that article on this section on nairaland.

I promise to tag you.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Jesus by 0temSapien: 1:30am On Feb 25, 2018
The OP is on point. As in...after loving your enemies, you still end up throwing them in hell fire. That point raised by the op left me scattering my Dada. The authors and finishers of the Bible stories did a very bad job cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians.ng: New Dating Website For Nigerian Christians / What Is The Significance Of Ram In Ileya Celebration / Fans React After Photos Of Firmino Preaching Surfaces On The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.