Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

Re: Restitution And Monogamy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: Restitution And Monogamy (372 Views)

What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / ** The Power Of Restitution And Restoration Of Blessings 2* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restitution And Monogamy by jaydion: 4:46am On Jan 22, 2018
Honestly, I found an earlier discussion on polygamy and restitution interestingly hilarious. Reason is most of the guys trying to shove their dogmatic and unbiblical views about monogamous “love” down our throats actually thought the questions on the subject were asked from a position of ignorance. Agreed, a lot of people do that; but sometimes when people question dogmas or generally accepted beliefs, it is because in the search of the universal truth, biblical in this context, there is a need to substantiate with relevant authorities. This is why St. Paul admonishes us to; “Prove all things, (and) hold fast that which is true.” – 1 Thess. 5:21

What is the essence of marriage in the first place? Marriage is a cultural human practice that was developed to formalize, as against trivialize, the need for a man and a woman to come together to help each other through life’s pleasures and challenges, foremost of which was procreation. Again, Paul says, “Marriage is honourable in all and the bed undefiled.” – Heb. 13:4

Before I delve into other relevant authorities, let’s first of all establish how it all started and how it will end. What do I mean? When God made Adam and Eve, there was no marriage; of course there probably was no need for one. It’s mostly a ceremony after all. So what about the end picture, when everything will be restored to perfection? Christ said there will be no marriage either! (Matt. 22:30) So the idea of our loving feelings for our partners being a forever thing is just a big lie. It ends with this evil world, where man fell short of God’s plan and had to give up a lot of the privileges God had in store for us, first of which was eternal life.

People general mistake the idea of a man and woman coming together to become one as a commandment for monogamy. Looking at the Scriptural text in reference, it says, “They shall become one flesh.” (Mark 10:7, cool And this was a statement by none other than Christ. But of course they don’t become “one flesh” – the man remains the man and the woman remains herself. The import of the injunction is that they become fully united in purpose and necessarily cultivate common goals and aspirations. Christ was not lying that they, in some miracle become joined as one person.

Like was rightly pointed out, there is no biblical authority that institutes monogamy, or one that proscribes polygamy. For issues like this, I always consider the text that says, “Where there is no law, there is no transgression.” (Romans 4:15) Therefore, we are all entitled to what we find convenient, based on individual tastes, societal norms and of course, economic standing. From celibacy, to monogamy, to polygamy, we are each free to decide to live according to our taste. They all have their pros and their cons and there is no ‘one size fits all’ application. What the Bible is against is casual sex, that is, outside of marriage or any formal arrangement and commitment: Immorality that tends to fornication, adultery and divorce.

In my opinion, monogamy is one of the lies of Western modernism. Our cultural values have been swamped with this utopian idea of a one man one woman, so much so it is almost sounds heretical these days to even suggest one believes or tolerates anything outside of monogamy. Again, even a reminder that God did not punish any of the Old Testament patriarchs and kings for being polygamous did not dissuade some polygamy antagonists from their mind set.

Culturally, we should ask ourselves what exactly monogamy is supposed to serve. Has it helped the West, or us have better and more stable marriages? Not by any survey I’m aware of. It seems to me on the other hand that polygamy even served our progenitors better than monogamy is serving us today. Just so you’d know though, I’m happily married to a single woman, no plans for another, but that’s just me. I have friends who are polygamous, happily so; husband and wives. Same way I know of monogamous and polygamous families that had serious issues that collapsed the unions. It is not altogether rosy on either side of the divide.

Monogamy was the preceding deception of Western norms, a present one being equality of the sexes in the marriage union. I consider both devilish, with law of monogamy having to come first so as to systematically diminish the headship role of the man in a marriage. This again is unbiblical. It is all a part of the Devil’s ploy to destroy God’s hierarchical order of God, Christ, man and then woman. (1 Cor. 11:3; Eph. 5: 23) Remember the first sin of Lucifer was to question God’s authority and place himself in God’s place. It is in same guise he is using his agents to propagate the ideas of monogamy and equality of the sexes in the marriage system.

As we approach the end of this evil system of things, the devil will continue to use supposed men of God, false prophets and their likes to indoctrinate their followers with false teachings so as to mislead them from the truth as found in the Bible. Let us not be swept away in this second world deluge.
Re: Re: Restitution And Monogamy by Blakjewelry(m): 5:23am On Jan 22, 2018
I like men who think with their testicles forgetting that the women folks are flesh and bone with a heart. so polygamy dey sweet but if a woman cheat on you it will hurt you to your soul
Re: Re: Restitution And Monogamy by jaydion: 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
At least some people have the ability to think at all
Re: Re: Restitution And Monogamy by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2018
Blakjewelry:
I like men who think with their testicles forgetting that the women folks are flesh and bone with a heart. so polygamy dey sweet but if a woman cheat on you it will hurt you to your soul
U dey mind dem

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Fasting And Prayer(30/01/2018) Day 20 / Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 / War,peace And The Deceit In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.