Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,688 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies (5900 Views)

Mass Sack In Alpha Beta Consulting Limited Allegedly Owned By Tinubu / Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by teddydeji: 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2007
pls let me do an analysis of the15k to seen how worlthy it is for either graduate or non graduate.if u live at ketu and u work at lagos island to say the least. BRT is #100 to an fro that means #200 x 22= 4400
okada to toll gate #50 to and fro =#100 x 22=#2200
feeding ,,say #40 akara,#60 bread,#5 each day x 22 = 105x22=#2310

this is from ketu to island. there is berger to island ,berger to lekki ,berger to v.i and so on

pls take this out of #15000
it is define as slavery. period
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Bblak(f): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2007
Nigeria!Unemployment!! may God come to our rescue. sad
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by dwonder(m): 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2007
Noooooo, we all can't think alike but the beauty of thinking at all is seeing the reason someone else disagrees with you

While reading what you guys have said I have no choice but to agree with everybody, Yea you are all correct since you are all looking at the same issue from different perspectives. Like seeing the glass half filled or half empty.

Yes it is wrong for employers to offer you so small an amount for your efforts.

Let me say this,  a friend of mine  started his first job after Youth Service on 10k a month when even his NYSC Alawi and Local Govt. Pay was well above that,

but guess what,  I adviced him to take it .

WHY?

Simple, It is the kind of job he always wanted, he always wanted a job where he could work with his hands and become self-employed after some years. He became a Network and Vsat Engineer taking after me ofcourse.

After just 3 months his salary was doubled 'cause he showed great Enthusiam to learn and practice.

Just about a year after he became the Assistant Project Manager with 6 times his previous salary.

But do you know the beauty of it all, he his now an Employer of labour.

INDEPENDENT FINALLY

Go and do your investigations properly and you will agree with me that 75% of employed Nigerians cannot survive (Average Living Standard) on their salaries.

Despite the small pay cheque check out the cars on the road in the evenings. GREAT OPPOURTUNITIES OPEN WHEN YOU ARE AT WORK.

Get to know your self-worth and prepare to climb, on the job
You may be earning higher at your present place of employment but if the  oppourtunities at the new place are higher GET IT,  and move up with your life.

There is no amount of money you earn that can REALLY satisfy you. The higher you earn the more your responsibilities

It is good to think about your pay package since that's what will keep you going on the job.

Then think of where you want to go from there,

Always remember the job will never be yours forever,

But your BUSINESS is your BUSINESS

So think seriously about getting the best out of whatever situation u find yourself.

BE AN EMPLOYER OF LABOUR
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by frankogbu(m): 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2007
@ dwonder

Thanks for writing wat i have in minds. In addition let us for once reason beyond d monetary value n think of d experience. However will add that if such
offers a considerable why not. Gain d experience and be the alert. That is exactly how I progress personally. From 15k pay in an Insurance firm to a well paid bank and today in d oil n gas sector all within 10 months.

Exhibitd d dignity in labour in all d opportunities but in all GAVE TANKS TO GOD FOR HIS MERCIES AND PERCEVERING SPIRIT.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by hamabra(m): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2007
true talk ,experience vry important but with small pay i dont know hw one will cope, anyway it is an indication that we should think outside the box, let money work 4 us instead of working 4 money
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by onyekang1(f): 9:55am On Dec 27, 2007
wat can i say lipsrsealed
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by manny4life(m): 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2009
Oh boy, that is so funny grin grin grin grin

Let me calculate this in $$$$, so he wants to pay a graduate with more than 2yrs of experience $120.00 a month, that's pathetic. Honestly, if you break it down from weekly income, that's what a graduate earn daily and I mean hired right after graduation which is like the low 30's annually, let alone for someone with two years experience, nah it's not worth it. In a hard economy, you would be borrowing more to earn less.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by iceman2: 12:09am On Jul 12, 2009
Seun and dwonder have said it all. Secondly, these same folks that reject the 15k job will accept even worse job offers in the U.S. and become millionaires tomorrow. We need to work on this nigerian mentality.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by smartsoft(m): 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2009
@poster since you have experience in marketing, i will advice you to look for advertising agency to work with atleast they can start with you from 70-80k depending  if you do your work well, your salary will increase.

you might just be a client service person. am not in the client service department but the creative department. my agency, the marketer guys are big boys. am pretty serious.

So find yourself an advertising agency or branding company. visit www.pulsaradvert.com they are looking for a client service (marketer).

Cheers if you want list of advertising agency you feel like contacting, i will be willing to help you send it to your mail. am sure you be happy working in an advertising agency. ucheugo@hotmail.com

just go with your BSC or HND. if you have Professional certificate in marketing
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by princeleo1: 12:43am On Jul 18, 2009
Gradute+2years xperince=15k/month? Haba. well, to me, vacancy did not exist in this company. it was just out to ridicule Nigerian graduates. I dont really undersdand what u guys are saying about gaining experience even though the said applicant has already gotten the required experience. lets not sweep the truth under the carpet please. 15k/month is not only unfair for a graduate, viewed from any perspective, it is also wicked. it is quite legal but immoral. For those of u saying that it depends on comfort and agreement or words to that effect , note that an under age child might have agreed to render services for peanut, yet this is called child abuse on the part of the employer. I repeat, 15k/month is immoral, wicked etc
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Ayenfe(f): 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2009
i just dey wonder
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by zibby(m): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2009
I'm shocked that people still offer as low as N15,000 as a graduate starting salary in Naija.  sad  That said,  I agree with dwonder's post.  Sometimes you've just got to take a little bit of the brown smelly stuff in order to get where you want to! grin
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by ayobase(m): 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2009
15K?
People are just heartless.
They just tend to take advantage
of the rate of unemployment in our Society.

I have choice and I can choose.
I aint gonna work for no one.

My dad was surprised when I told him that
I will never write any application letter despite
being able to use his influence to get a job at his place of work
with a fat salary!

It is just not in my dictionary to work under someone!
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by ToyosiR(f): 3:30pm On Aug 04, 2009
As for me,
I wouldn't advice a graduate to settle for less. But the question is how do you perform in school
What is your grade
Don't let this so called employer take advantage of you.
Anything you do, Do it well.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Pittbaby(f): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2009
if you have no choice you stoop to conquer , one year of experience at 15K is better than one year of I beg to apply
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by AjanleKoko: 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2009
For once I will be extremely harsh with my words.
Most of you guys are just plain lazy. If the OP was making more money from his business and current employment, then he should walk away and leave Alpha alone. No need yabbing them on Nairaland, as he's probably not worth more than that anyways.

Even bus conductors, and dudes selling recharge cards on the street probably make more than 15k. So if you want to work just for money, I suggest you become a bus conductor or sell recharge cards in traffic.

If you're offered 15k, you probably are in that bracket for now, regarding skills and your total value to the employer. If you are worth more, the employer will definitely offer more. My first job as a graduate and PG student was for a grand total of Five Thousand Naira. That's probably what on the average I may spend in a day nowadays, on meals and other little necessities. Then I could not afford to turn down the job, because I needed the experience and exposure. This year alone I have turned down three jobs, one of which is even outside of Nigeria, and pay denominated in Euros.

I have a former classmate who worked as a programmer for seven months, for, believe it or not, zero naira. He did it just to build up his CV, even when he had no means of support and no parents in Lagos. Today he is head of IT in a leading bank. Then he could not afford to sit at home and gripe, he just had to do what he had to do to get to the next level.

My final take is this: This is Nigeria, the climate is tough, and nobody out there, government included, is not going to make it easier for you. So, rather than writing up lamentations, get your behind out there and start hustling. One day, when the time comes, you will surely celebrate. Even in more prosperous climes, people sweat their way to the top.

Despite the harsh words, I still have much love for y'all!
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by LxpG(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ajanlekoko: this man u dey always get stuff. Though 15k is smal bt I thnk u r right. No one can build a house from d top. Are pple here complaining or lookin 4 advice? if its complain, I suggest they take it elsewhere, certificate can only open doors but can not put u inside. Mentality matters a lot, I thnk 15k(though small) is beta dan sitin at home nd wasting ur self. Why not work and let ur service speak 4 u on d long(probably short) run. Who knows if dat 15k would give u an oppurtunity of bigger pay latter on. Y not work nd keep ur eyes opend, U neva know what advantage u r getting over others . My advice ,tk ur job, start now nd keep lookin 4 a beta ofà, while upgrade urself aswell wit ur current job.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by malaria(f): 1:52pm On May 15, 2011
@posta,it sounds funny buh wt wil u do,u'v got 2 gamble, ask uself some honest qustins.lyk ur expenditures, hw many peopl u tak kia of,etc.if u tak a job of 50k and spends 45% of ur salary living up 2 expctatin.its nt worth it.believ u me some peopl pck up a job of 10k yt dy end up havin 3rc their salary at d end of month.hotel and fastfood stafs cn testify 2 these.it all depends on ur options and ur reason 4 workin.staying idle is nt best.i wi neva subscribe 2 a marketing job as a conract staf no mata d pay.it is PURE SLAVERY.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Grassroot: 7:09am On May 16, 2011
@Ajanlekoko, I love your comment. Very true!

To add to that, just as some persons work for free to gain experience and add value to themselves. Some other persons even PAY to get skills and/or experience. For example, I've seen some persons pay to be trained in Telecoms, IT, project management and do some kind of internship afterwards just to add value to themselves. The truth is if you really have that value that employers need, they would pay you well enough. IF they don't, you can as well use ur skills to raise income to take care of u. Its not very easy, but it can be done.

[size=13pt]BTW: our aim should not be to work for money, it should be to create value. If we focus on that, most things (including money) would fall into place.[/size]

Best wishes to all
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by RITETRAC: 5:55pm On May 17, 2011
try to get info on the coys level of operation so u can judge,am telling that some 1 some where will jump at that offer. may be its not meant 4 u.the next applicant 4 that job might get a raise
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by RITETRAC: 6:02pm On May 17, 2011
@grassroot i agree with you
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by diva90: 8:46pm On May 17, 2011
good for you! i would reject it to if it was offered to me, 15k is nothing, in a week, how much recharge card do i even use? and then u talk abt paying rents, transporting and feeding your self and other regular/basic things that need to be financed. hell no! even the handbag that i carry is more than 15k
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by obiewon(m): 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
henryphyol i don't know what your motives are but i would say you a confirmed liar...yes a nasty one for that matter. I started working with Alpha Technologies limited in August 13 2012 and i started with N40,000 + N15,000(monthly bonus) totalling N55,000. that was for starts, and with time + smart work, i rose in rank and Salary.. I wonder how many people's destinies you have derailed with this lie of yours and now am beginning to doubt your certificate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benefits Of Being A Red Cross Member / Anyone Heard Of Almond Careers? / Compliance Manager Duties,pls Explain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.