Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:38 AM

Test Your 'MORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL INTELLECT POWER' With This Question. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Test Your 'MORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL INTELLECT POWER' With This Question. (699 Views)

You Are Intelligent If You Have One Of This Manifestations Of Intellect / UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? / Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Test Your 'MORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL INTELLECT POWER' With This Question. by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
Ray happens to be a scientist.
At the cause of his study, he discovered a certain drug which he spent a total of $200 to fully develop it and at the end, he placed the cost at $2000.
The wife of James was diagonised with a strange illness of which she is expected to live for the next few days unless she takes the 'Ray discovered drug'.
As a man who don't have the full amount to buy this drug, James went to appeal to Ray with the little he had but Ray insisted on full payment.
Through appeal to people around, James was able to raise a total of $1000.
With this money, he went back to Ray to plead again.
This time, he even pledged to pay back the balance with interest but all thesame, Ray won't give in.
Out of frustration, James broke into Ray's home and stole this drug.
QUESTION.
(Based on your own understanding and definition of what moral is)
>Do you think Ray was wicked?
>Should James have broken into Ray's home?
>Who are you in support of and why?
You can challenge other answers with your view.
Re: Test Your 'MORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL INTELLECT POWER' With This Question. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2018
1. Ray is not wicked.
Research is a hard and costly thing, it isn't straight forward as a lot of money and effort is spend with out getting an result. Furthermore the money gotten from the sell of the drug would be used to fund more research to other drugs, and this means that more people will have hope abet expensive.

2. Yes, as a man you have a duty to do what you can best in any situation. If James can live with the death of his wife with out trying everything ( including stealing the drug) he can let her die or gamble with her life. Imagine if it was James life on the line do you think he would hesitate to steal to survive?

In situations of life an death, all is allowed nothing is forbidden. " do what you have to do, and pay the price later". It is when you refuse to pay that price that it is called evil.

3.I understand both sides well so I support both, ray doesn't lose if James steals the drug ( in fact this is the best case senerio) as this is good and free advertising by the media when James is caught. Also the money for the drug and damages may be paid by sympathises who are touched by James zeal to save his wife. It is also fucking romantic.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Test Your 'MORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL INTELLECT POWER' With This Question. by Phaneroo: 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2018
I saw from this that all he spent on the drug was $200 but set the price at $2000. To me this could be much difference ($1800) but still depends on factors such as how many is being sold and the kind of people involved and the stress in developing the drug. I wouldnt conclude that the price is too much without knowing all these.
If at the end this price is worth it, i would blatantly oppose selling it to him unless he has the money .If he persists and he sincerely doesnt have it, i will give him the drug but i would encourage him to pay the rest when he has it. We would regret it at the end if the woman dies and didnt do anything to help. Sometimes scientist/doctor are faced with hard decisions esp in this country. The wicked king in Jesus' sef answered the woman whe she persisted and was sincere. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Test Your 'MORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL INTELLECT POWER' With This Question. by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 10:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
Phaneroo:
I saw from this that all he spent on the drug was $200 but set the price at $2000. To me this could be much difference ($1800) but still depends on factors such as how many is being sold and the kind of people involved and the stress in developing the drug. I wouldnt conclude that the price is too much without knowing all these.
If at the end this price is worth it, i would blatantly oppose selling it to him unless he has the money .If he persists and he sincerely doesnt have it, i will give him the drug but i would encourage him to pay the rest when he has it. We would regret it at the end if the woman dies and didnt do anything to help. Sometimes scientist/doctor are faced with hard decisions esp in this country. The wicked king in Jesus' sef answered the woman whe she persisted and was sincere. Thanks.

Everything he spent to do his research and produce this drug was $200.. Let's say he is selling it for $2000 cause he is the only one that has it. So?
Re: Test Your 'MORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL INTELLECT POWER' With This Question. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2018
AuthoritySpeaks:

Everything he spent to do his research and produce this drug was $200.. Let's say he is selling it for $2000 cause he is the only one that has it. So?

Still okay by me,
If the inventor does feel he will get rewarded by his invention, he won't bother trying so its okay in my opinion. He is in the best position to say the worth of his work.

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Physics Syllabus 2018 / YABATECH APPOINTS NEW RECTOR / Help! Which University Will Accept Me For Medical Laboratory Science With This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.