Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,335 members, 7,860,825 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:54 PM

Stress Management - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stress Management (268 Views)

Best Stress Management Program For Everyone / Stress Management : Natural Remedy For Stress (anxiety) By Swissgarde / 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stress Management by Elkiko(m): 6:31am On Jan 23, 2018
STRESS/WORRIES AND MENTAL HEALTH

A Psychologist walked around a room while teaching
# stress_management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired. "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20oz.

She replied "the absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each Case, the weight of the glass doesn't change but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes"

She continued "the # stres and # worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will be paralyzed-- incapable of doing anything."

Remember to put the glass down. That is, stress/worry in itself aren't all that bad but how long you continue to hold on to it that lead to breakdown of # Mental_health

Like and follow our Page Mental Health Awareness Nigeria

https://www.facebook.com/MentalHealthAwar
eness9ja/

(1) (Reply)

Best Bedbug Fumigation & Pest Control Services / Mosquitoes Issues / Renavive® Capsule Relief, Dissolved And Eliminate Any Size Of Kidney Stones 37k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.