Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop (29425 Views)

Transport Fare Terrible, Garri No Longer Snacks’- Nigerians Weep, / What Is The Funniest/Most Terrible Combination Of Foods You Have Ever Taken? / How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by flex04(m): 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2018
When it comes to cooking, you may have some bad habits that you’re not even aware of. These practices may be keeping your meal from being tasty while others may actually be dangerous to your health. Jumia Food, Nigeria’s No 1 food ordering platform, shares bad cooking practices that you need to stop right now.

Heating oil until it smokes

It is wrong to wait to wait until you see wisps of smoke before you start cooking. This is because when oil is overheated to its smoke point, it starts to break down and lose its beneficial antioxidants thereby forming harmful compounds. These compounds are harmful to the body.

Stirring Your food too much

It’s tempting to stir your food to prevent burning. Doing this prevents browning—a flavour booster you get by letting your food sit on the cooker. Endeavour to resist the urge to constantly stir.

Overfilling your pot

It may be quicker to fill your pot to the brim with ingredients, but doing this can eventually slow cooking. Consequently, this will cause your food to steam and not give you the real result you are looking for.

Leaving your utensils carelessly

Leaving your utensils on the counter is very unhealthy because they are likely to pick tiny bits of dirt which may find its way into your food. Hence, be careful with your utensils.

Seasoning food at the end

If you want a delicious, perfectly-seasoned meal, don’t wait too long to add your seasoning. Seasoning at the end of the cooking process means they won’t have a chance to develop and fully mix to give your food the required taste.

Forgetting to wash your hands

This is one of the simplest cooking tips everyone should know and practice but surprisingly many do not. They simply walk into the kitchen and commence cooking without washing their hands. Doing this will only expose you bacteria infections.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/6-terrible-cooking-practices-need-stop/

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by sunnysunny69(m): 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2018
Wetin concern hungry people with cooking practice ? This op is funny.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by lakesidey(m): 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2018
Nice cooking � nuggets

3 Likes

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by kcute(m): 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2018
grin
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by eddieguru(m): 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2018
cool
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by ladyF(f): 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2018
Number 7. Cooking without a fire extinguisher closeby, especially for the men. Always have the extinguisher handy, just in case of "incasity" grin

Cc: Agarawu23 lipsrsealed

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

25 Likes

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by Olowo2015(m): 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2018
Ok
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by Yinxies(f): 4:44pm On Jan 23, 2018
I am 90% on point
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by Allylic(f): 4:45pm On Jan 23, 2018
Thanks
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 23, 2018
You forgot,
7-Blowing your nose while cooking
8-Talking on the food.

1 Like

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by ELdaar55(m): 4:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
ASSIGNMENT grin
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by 1miccza: 4:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
ladyF:
Number 7. Cooking without a fire extinguisher closeby, especially for the men. Always have the extinguisher handy, just in case of "incasity" grin

Not for all men jare lolz @Agarawu23 na u she do this kain thing?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by gmoney12: 4:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
I like cooking especially when it involves using fresh tomatoes
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by Shalomdee(f): 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2018
Interesting
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by sirgalahad26(m): 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2018
dat stiring na my own, i can stir for africa! all in the name of giving the food a perfect blend!

1 Like

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by KrystosCJ(m): 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2018
Receiving call while cooking.

Totally bad habit. You may be history one day if you don't stop this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by coldsummer: 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2018
Ok but why is it that egusi soup that stays till the next day is sweater than it was the previous day

Oh egusi soup!!! Lord of the soups

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by Cynate(f): 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2018
grin grin
Lol
One bottle of Origin for you grin
ladyF:

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by PossibleUN: 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2018
Nice advice. Especially for ladies
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by dingbang(m): 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2018
Looking for someone who I will pay to cook.. No time
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by emmateejay(m): 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2018
what about tasting the food every 5mins?

1 Like

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by clems88(m): 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2018
Abegi grin forget those things the tummy doesn't understand the write ups. . only the valid pound is the one that says wash your utensils
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by mkpurumma090(f): 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2018
object over ruled

2 Likes

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by Adaomalight(f): 4:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
grin
sirgalahad26:
dat stiring na my own, i can stir for africa! all in the name of giving the food a perfect blend!
grin
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by JennieCutie4U(f): 4:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
dingbang:
Looking for someone who I will pay to cook.. No time
let's make it a deal �
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by Meister04: 4:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
Nice tips
Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by ayoade001: 4:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
thanks op..... Please when was the last time u ate 3 square meal....me i cant remember mine o....buhari why

1 Like

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by soberdrunk(m): 4:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
As long as the Food is delicious wetin concern me with all these rules angry

Ps-Sometimes i put up a serious face and when people see me they feel i am thinking of serious personal or national issues but i am just wondering why Egusi is delicious and hoping my future wife can cook, even if it is only Egusi soup. God bless the person that discovered Egusi soup!!!!

1 Like

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by Uniqueness01(f): 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2018
Number 8-- Surfing Nairaland.com while cooking cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by nazablossom(f): 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2018
7. Licking the turning spoon with your tongue

9 Likes

Re: 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop by khalhokage(m): 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2018
Always cooking with high heat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

We're Celebrating! / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup / Mirinda, Lucozade Unsafe For Consumption – CPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.