Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC (167529 Views)

Pls How Do I Play Multiplayer Games On Ppsspp / Playing Ps2 Games From A Memory Card. / Playing Ps2 Games Wit Just Flash Drives? No Lens, No Cd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 1:02pm On May 25, 2006
yeah, i've installed xbmc and xbmp. n64 emus do exist for xbox. also snes, genesis, arcade, nes, etc.
any modchip u get for ur xbox should allow u ftp access, provided u have a pc and u know d basics of networking. chipping it in alaba is a surefure way to get this done. there's an exploit allowing u to run apps and emus and copied games from ur xbox without using a chip, but u need a copy of 007: agent under fire or splinter cell 1 (Original copies) to run it, and it's not really encouraged by the alaba crew.
pm me and i'll c what i cn do 4 u.
long since sold my 6630, but when i had it, vsun worked with little or no problems. how come u needed 2 reflash? havent really heard of that being common so prolly its a one-off case.
anyway, snes emu on series 60 phones is pretty much a dead end, sha. try the genesis one instead, at least it runs full-speed, full-screen.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2006
Well, God will help the person who bought the fone from u! grin

Theres an issue with vampent emulators (vsun and vboy) that causes the phone to reboot forever if you allow the battery to run down while the emu is running. Cos the phone never gets past the 'nokia' screen, you cant use any software reset method, you have to head down to ikeja to do a serial reflash. has happened once to my 3650 and twice to my N-gage. For that reason I don't use vampent emus,

It may also be due to the fact that the emus were cracked? who knows,

Oh, so u use picodrive as well! pretty cool, until u realise that the megadrive was a crap console, hardly any games of note, and the games that ARE good either require a larger screen (eg gunstar heroes, any text-based game, shadowrun) or are TOO FRICKEN HARD to play on even the ngage (ultimate mortal kombat, if u can make the moves work, even simple uppercut, i give u hand) because picodrive doesnt support 6-button control!

'tis good news to hear that any modchip will suffice. Actually the xbox is pretty much foreign ground to me at the moment as far as emulation goes.

I, however NEED to be sure that n64 emulation is up and running, i cant afford to just assume that 'it should be there, joooo!' and fogerrit. remember, n64 emulation was never perfected on the PC: even the latest version of project 64 is full of issues, and that is an HLE- hle's take forever to write and i doubt anyone went thru that hell for the xbox. if there is a working xbox n64 emu could u pls help me with its name, lemme go google it!

thanks
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 3:12pm On May 25, 2006
yeah, playing picodrive with just 3 button support was a serious drag! like u, i wanted to play umk3 badly, but the 3 button arrangement rendered it pretty much unplayable.
n64 emulation is way more aadvanced on the pc than u think! hope u aint still thinkin gof UltraHLE? go to http://www.pj64.net and download Project64, by far the best n64 emu. if uve got a decent pc, u can play even large roms like conker's bad fur day practically perfect. i finished zelda ocarina of time (the best game ever!) on the pc. conker comes a close second sha.
as for xbox n64 emulator, its totally real, emulationis near perfect for very many commercial games. game like mk trilogy, zelda, mario, starfox, ridge racer and lots of others are perfectly playable.
the name of the best n64 xbox emu is Surreal 64. its a combination of 3 n64 emus rolled in one, making it very compatibl with most commercial games.
if u can use IRC, try getting on to Xbins on EFnet. an excellent step by step guide can be found here http://www.xbox100.com/tutorials/SoftwareGuide/SoftwareGuide.html
xbins is probably the only way u'll get most of the xbox cool apps cos most websites are leery of hosting them on their sites (the long hand of Micro$oft).
happy to see other naijans are interested in the 'scene'.
your profile says ure in lag. im not based there, but there's a guy in surulere who i give stuff to that 'upgrades' xboxes with xbmc, ftp apps, dvd and vcd copiers/players and yes, the n64 emu. he does it for a fee, but pm me and ill get him to do it 4 u gratis.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 3:14pm On May 25, 2006
just wondering,
this is really an excellent forum/site. why are most of my posts game related?
and there i was thinking i'd grown up,  grin

I LOVE BEYONCE NAIRALAND!!   grin  grin
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 3:29pm On May 25, 2006
bros, i no fit use IRC, usenet, or any of the old firewall-unfriendly udp-loving pirate-friendly protocols. The almighty firewalls both at home (yes, starcomms firewalls its customers- lets burn em down) and at d office have decreed so

SO if i get an xbox better get ready with WINRAR/winzip and ya yahoo mail cos i will be on ya neck! Not for roms sha! grin only emus and other smallsmall things. I can handle the big files grin

And as for the n64 thing- yes I am talking about pj64 (thats project 64) and no i aint talkin bout ultraHLE- thats ancient history (bros u don tey o!)

PJ64 is an HLE, my brodder. sad but true. If u finished zelda 64 wo encountering a HORRIBLE BUG at the very end then God really loves u, altho i think pj64 1.6 fixed that particular bug i cant be sure, meh meh,

i just checked up on the emu u mentioned and it looks excellent! but whats the performance like? remember xbox is a p3 700mhz and for jet force gemini, perfect dark and yes, conker, that cpu was the pits of uselessness!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 8:27pm On May 25, 2006
zelda 64 didnt really give me a problem, used it on my old p3 1.13ghz machine. managed to scrape together cash for one wek 32mb ati graphics card. you'll always get better performance with a gfx card.
yeah, the xbox has a 700 MHz chip, but dont forget that unlike a pc, it doesnt have to allocate cpu power to run an Operating system. thus its far far more efficient that an equivalent pc for gaming purposes. also the xbox has an advanced Geforce 3 graphics card, so it can do some serious stuff.
N64 emulation on the xbox isnt perfect, but most games are perfectly playable. Even conker! havent tried Jet force gemini or perfect dark, but u'd do well to search google for "Surreal64 compatibility list"

on the flipside, just noticed im using too many abbreviations in my words. I blame txt mssging 4 dat!! grin
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by linkcs92: 2:29pm On May 27, 2006
HELP!!!:

i downloaded the PCSX2 and the bios file but all i got is stuck at the browser and settings starting screen.
how do i start the game, T_T help please and send email to shadowxsin92@hotmail.com please,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 11:40pm On May 27, 2006
yo texas pete! thanks for the help, ill still look around for performance info before commiting, sha. Ive set up a tv-out gaming rig in the meantime and playing emulated games on a tv with it is lovely, the xbox is looking like less of a necesity, but halo 2 is a major driving force!

as for the performance gist, I have some contrary news for u, bro: the biggest proiblem that devs had with the original xbox was that despite the fact that it did not need it, being a console, microsoft insisted on putting a modified version of windows 2000 on the box (yes) and forcing the programmers to use directX for their games (just like on a PC), so the xbox DOES have the overhead that a pc does, but to a lesser extent.

where it has an advantage is in the tightly integrated geforce 3 gfx chipset, but thanks to directx, programmers cant exploit it to the full! finally, emulators are usually CPU-bound, except for HLE's where a lot of translation-type emulation i done, but even then the problematic games (gemini, pefect dark) are cpu-limited. For that reason im still approacing xbox n64 emulation with caution! could  u do a guy a favour and try perfect dark on ure xbox?

linkcs92:

forget ps2 emulation. it doesnt work. dont mind what anyone tells you. it does not work for playing games. it works for other stuff that im sure ure not interested in. just forget about it till pcsx2 gets a 1.0 release
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 10:17pm On May 28, 2006
dakmanzero, thanx for the heads up! didnt know directX had such a limiting effect, but basically i think MS were interested in porting over many pc hits to the xbox, and since most of them were done with directX, porting to the xbox was supposed to be easier than rewriting from scratch. Prolly helped them get doom3 and half life 2 on the box,

here's a surreal64 compatibility list. its a bit old sha, but u get the general idea,
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=260140

BTW, ps2 emulation does work, since a version of the emu has been released that allows u 2 play many commercial games. but it might as well not be working, cos u need a monster of a pc to even get up to 20FPS in game. we're talking about 3.7GHZ, the latest geforce or Ati card and 1gb ram minimum to get barely playable framerates. and thats in old games like Street fighter ex3. All these naijans with p3 800Mhz machines can stop right there grin

dunno why ppl want a ps2 emulator thoough. the experience on a pc will never match that of a ps2.
when i was into ps1 emulation, that was in the 90s and i was too broke to buy a ps1, now there's more cash floating around the world, and ps2s can be gotten on the cheap (used) for like 18k.

people with reasonably powerful mnachines micht want 2 check oout dreamcast emulation. at least DC games were quite cool too, almost ps2 quality graphics wise. Google 'Chankast' and thou shalt find! its easier to download dreamcast games, anyway,
dakmanzero, whats d specs of ur PC? my laptop isnt too hot for gaming (can run halo1 and Unreal tournament 2004 sha) so i need 2 get a gaming desktop ASAP. Also, the ps3 will be out in november for $600. what do ya think?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 6:45pm On May 30, 2006
ore no rig: (my rig!)

p4 2.26ghz
764 MB ram
ati radeon 9800 pro (this is the big enabler!)

i followed chankast for a while but it soon got boring, what with all the controversy and idiotic refusals to support certain types of disc. The days when id go all out searching fo a 1plus gig ISO of soulcalibur are loooong gone, too.

U can run ut2004? sweet! maybe one day we organise a nairaland LAN party so we can see who da frag-bait and who da gunnerz are.

ps3 is too frickin expensive. Plus, bluray means pira games will be impossible to find. methiks it is a complete waste of time for us niger-areans.

xbox 360 is a better idea but still too costly. Nintendo's console will bve 250 dollars! PLUS it already appears much better than the boring ps3.

ps2 emulation: I was trying not to repeat the epistles I have wrote in the past on this subject. try explaining certain things to the crowds of users expecting to just pop-in a dvd into their computers and have a happy day, you will understand the meaning of headache. Better to just give it to em straight: ps2 emulation is not yet at a stage where it is trivially playable. As long as emulation requires much tweaking and big iron hardware, I always tell the masses that the answer is "it does not work"

by the way final fantasy x runs at like 1 frame per second on my system. Just so you know.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 11:47pm On May 30, 2006
i could murder u just for that ATI card grin
my laptop runs ut2004, but not at a framerate i'd prefer to carry over to online play. it jerks too much! hopefully when ive settled a few other things i'll turn to getting the dream gaming rig i always wanted.
even if i ld run the latest games sef, not too sure i would. just heard that call of duty 2 takes over 10Gb hdd space. ut2004 takes up a whopping 4gig + already.
if ur into pc games, try The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher bay. that game is da bomb. Doesn't play on my laptop though,
at least i can run halo, grin
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 12:11pm On May 31, 2006
lol! u wont have to. Just last week I had to swap it out for my old 9200. I'm not sure what happened to it, but it became unstable- I noticed it began after a nepa spike but at the moment I have many suspicions as to what is causing its crazy behaviour

with luck, in 2 weeks time I'll have a geforce 6800 which has similar power requirements and then I can do some testing- il prolly need a new case, new psu, or reduice my number of harddisks. If i can determine that the 9800 is still alive, I'll gladly sell it to you at a nice bargain price- otherwise it'll be headed for the bin!

Ive heard major props going to that riddick game, and am interested, but at the moment i have too many games siting there that i havent had time to play, cant go adding yet another one! and an FPS no doubt,

anyway that 6800 may be the last gaming-orientd upgrade I get for my computer. I may soon turn to console gaming instead, cos it seems the gamepad is easier on the wrists than the mouse+keyboard, and all the mouse FPS gurus seem to have vanished, so the fun of fragging is gone!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by APU: 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2006
HI I AM GOOD BOY. I WANT TO KNOW FROM WHERE I CAN GET THE BIOS OF Pcsx2 0.9. please give me the link cry cry
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by APU: 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2006
I CHECKED THIS DISCUSSION AND IHAD THE PS2 EMULATOR Pcsx2 BUT AS CODEC SAID INEED THE BIOS FILE. I AM NOT ABLE TO FIND IT .CODEC PLEASE GIVE ME A DIRECT LINK
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2006
APU:

HI I AM GOOD BOY. I WANT TO KNOW FROM WHERE I CAN GET THE BIOS OF Pcsx2 0.9. please give me the link cry cry

havent u been following the discussion? ps2 emulation only gets up to barely playable speeds on 'monster' pcs. its not really a worthwhile path to follow right now.

however, if u insist u cn try, just dont say u weren't warned! ppl are really leery of posting links to the actual ps2 bios cos its frankly illegal. try searching for it with google. grin
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by APU: 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2006
well texaspete thanks for your warning, but now i don,t really care about pcsx2 because the ps2 cds that i have won't run.ichecked out the help file and got a list of playable games and i have been following the discussion and also tried at google that's why i have been asking for the link.well have you played the classic game doom.the 1993 one.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by rjakjr: 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2006
I got the PS2 emulator installed, bought the getaway 1 and 2 on ebay (just under 5 bucks for each game) and am currently waiting for them to come in the mail, I don't have a crappy pc but don't think I have the "monster" of pc's either. It's Pentium 4 HT, I know I need a bigger hard drive though. Question is, what do you think keeps the PS2 games from goin "full-speed" on PC? Is it the processor speed of the PC or something else? I know as soon as the 2 come in the mail I'll do everything to get em to play right, the getaway is a badass game, alot more realistic than GTA and besides it's based in England so it has all the English slang along with it. OK, well just answer that question if ya can.

Rick
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2006
At the moment there is no CPU in existence that will emulate ps2 full speed, with current emulators.

Video cards will not help- emulation is a CPU thing, except with HLE's, and pcsx2 is *not* an hle.

You'll have to by a ps2, dude, sorry. There's been a recent price drop so I guess ull be cool, $129 I think.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by ADESUWA(f): 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2006
please i don't know if any ps1 emulator works on windows xp

if any were can i get them
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by ADESUWA(f): 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2006
please i don't know if any ps1 emulator works on windows xp

if any where can i get them
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 10:43pm On Jun 10, 2006
www.ngemu.com

all the ps1 emulators you need.

unlike ps2 emulation, ps1 emulation is mature, very fast and very playable!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 12:08am On Jun 11, 2006
i bet someone else is still gonna ask again.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 8:44am On Jun 11, 2006
As you say,

same rubbish, different day.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Jalal(m): 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2006
Great!!!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by mickeyen(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2006
hi guts,
the battle of playing ps2 on pc cannot be won cos i've done ALL i can and no luck. but i feel theres hope. please let there be a TRUE saviour to save us from this well,  there should be a way,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by jacks1: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2006
bro codec,

I WANT TO PLAY PS2 GAMES ON MY PC. MY PC SPECIFICATION IS
processor: 3.1 with HT technology
mother board: D101ggc (intel orginal) ( pci xpress)
3d card: Geforce 7 series with 512 MB memory support
(geforce 7 series is the latest series of Nvidia)
ram: 1 GB kingston with 300 bus
i also have 16 x dvd rom

i think all i have.

so please write with detail and all the things. i am unable to understand the ps2 bios and other thing. please tell me the naem of emulator and all the necessary things.

okey
i am waiting
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by BIgAl3: 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2006
can any1 send me the file that lets play the playstaion 2 games on the pc cuz i cant find it
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 11:47am On Jun 24, 2006
lol!! You just had o ask, didnt u? Dont worry, i'll send u the one for ps3. but u need at least a pentium 2 400mhz to run it o!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by kiongtt: 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2006
HI~
I ready got PCSX2 0.9
But I don know what the problem since It load the game half way then just hang on there won't move,
Is there anyway to solve it?
tongue
The game I play is Dragonball Z Budokai 3,
Anyone got the solution?
I will be appreciate with ur answer, Thx
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by brnoutadct: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2006
Pcsx2_0.9.1 - wow - it realy starts playing ps2 DVDs (only starts) few compats - none realy cool. I have 2 original ps2 dvds - Burnout 3 and Getaway the Black Monday first got to intro and then crashed second sometimes i can enter the game and play around for a whole second. I had a ps2 - was my lil baby , now I got nothing - had to sell.

So , to start and play some of the original PS2 DVD's on your pc you need:
Pcsx2 0.9.1
EFP Polling CDVD Driver 0.4.0 (think it comes with pcsx2) for directly playing DVD's
REALY KILLER PC - i have a P4 + 512 MB DDR + GeForce 4 Ti w128 V RAM+ 8x DVD. the video card is great but not for PS2 emu.

So you can use the ps2 dvds on your pc , but better to use them in the freakin' ps2. it's getting cheaper by each week.

also i think ps3 will be a big disaster for sony - way tooo expensive. ppl will continue on buying ps2s for at least 1 or 2 more years.

have fun and don't kill me cause I'm stupid , it will surely hurt you more than it will hurt me ,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Jinn234: 1:40am On Jul 15, 2006
Well wot if I had a PC with:

P4 - Dule Core, 3.8 wich can overclock to 4.3 (so its like having 2 4.3 procecors)
8gb of RAM
512mb Gfx card that can overclock to 1gb
some sorta sound card
16-18x DVD+/-RW and 52x CD+/-RW

?? wot then??
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Jinn234: 1:53am On Jul 15, 2006
Also (dnt know how 2 edit or if you can :p)

Platinum Wierd Motherboard

And I run a test, I can run:
4 virus scanners (eTrust antivirus, Windows Defender, Spybot S&grin and Ad-Aware SE Pro),
MSN 7.5,
DOOM3 on highest quality
Fable: The Lost Chapters on highest quality
Dawn Of War: Winter Assault on highest quality

and not have any lag at all (why I need to play 3 games at once is a mystery even to me but I can do it lol)

So do you think that would be good enough for PS2 Emu just at a average speed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Real: Download Pes 2014 Mobile Game For Free Here / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? / Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.